• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who else Would Like to See Majoras Mask in Toon Shading?

I woudn't mind it, it'd be interesting to see but i dont think its a necessity or the best way for MM to look. I would however like to see the artstyle look a bit more like the official artwork for the game with the deep shadows on clothing and tense poses. But i also wanted this for SS and what SS looks like compared to its artwork is pretty different so ho-hum..

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Nah...I prefer N64 graphics to that TBH. Not only that, but the game would be unplayable with non-see-through water.

It wouldn't fit It too much due to the dark atmosphere. I'd say a more darker variation of Skyward Sword style would be perfect but also It should try to copy oil paintings to have good lightning on a semi-cartoon graphics.

It would be really interested to see, and if they did it I wouldn't mind. But MM was based around a dark atmosphere. The cell-shading would mess up the control that the game has over that darkness. Besides, I try to imagine epona in cartoon and the best image I can get is Bulls-eye from Toy Story.

ChainLink, a more darker colored variation of Skyward Sword graphics would work well with Majoras Mask. Sincerely, MM doesn't really have that dark atmosphere Itself, It's the story and sidequests that create that atmosphere, in that case the graphics wouldn't affect It that much, of course, as long as It's not WW graphics (don't get me wrong, I loved It).

Deeds

no text
Toon shading only worked for WW because it was set around a sea, and that art style combined with a sea is, in my opinion, perfect. If you take the scenery from MM, depressing town and a scary looking moon, put toon shading on that and it would just look wrong.

I think it'd look cool. Although it would depend on how they would do it. If they did the innocent cartoon-y look of Wind Waker, then no, I don't think I'd like it too much. But if they made it look like the official artwork of MM in motion, then it would look pretty sweet, in my opinion.

Toon shading only worked for WW because it was set around a sea, and that art style combined with a sea is, in my opinion, perfect. If you take the scenery from MM, depressing town and a scary looking moon, put toon shading on that and it would just look wrong.
What? I don't think the sea had any impact on my opinion about WW graphics, that doesn't make much sense actually as at least during main gameplay, we probably spend more play time outside the sea then in It. I mean, dungeons don't have sea, yet they're still beatiful, so are towns. I have to agree with the moon though, It would look weird with WW graphics. As for the depressing town, I'd say that's mostly because of N64 depressing graphics :P

Recreating Majora's Mask in a lighter, toon style aesthetic opposes the dark fundamental tenets the game is founded on.

Majora's Mask is primarily a tale of emotion and friendship, struggling to overcome the barrier for survival. Characters like the Skull Kid benefit from the added sense of realism and dark undertones. His portrayal is carefully juxtaposed with that of the innocent ocarina playing Skull Kids frolicking about the Lost Woods in Ocarina of Time.

The goal of a remake should be preserve the original source material as closely as possible and drastically altering graphics is a far stray away from that principle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom