• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Who else Likes Toon Link More Than Adult Link?

/inb4 I get nitpicked more because of the title

I certainly can't be the only person that actually prefers Toon Link over the more popular Adult Link because of how cute he is. I know he gets tons of hate, but I can't help loving him so much. Adult Link's okay, but he's not as cute as Toon Link, but again, he's more well-liked than the little guy. I hope I'm not alone in this.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Well, speaking for my self, being 'cute' doesn't really add up to the coolness of a videogame character :P.

So, I have to disagree with you. Design wise I still think Link from TP was the best one. There was just something fierce about him, maybe because he was, in a way, a little wolf-like in his human form. I don't know why, but that was definetly the most badass version of Link to me. Very skilled fighter as well. Plus, he had an awesome armour like tunic in TP. I liked the art and style in WW, but I definetly prefer 'realistic' graphics over cel-shaded graphics. Maybe that's a guy thing or something, dunnow.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm I think Toon Link is an awesome character. It also depends on the game. I love them both equally. But if they ever kill Toon Link off I might get myself a ticket to Nintendo headquarters with a baseball bat :P

Well, I honestly love both, Toon Link and Adult Link!

Toon Link has a very unique design compared to the other Links, and I simply adore him! While with Adult Link, his general design fits well with the more realistic graphics. I think they are both awesome when it comes to gameplay. So, I can't decide which of them I like more. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I frickin' hate goon...I mean toon link. He looks ridiculous. I'm not a fan of the WW toon style with its bulbous headed characters. I find that the best design so far has been the TP link, he had the most pleasant face of all the links and I enjoyed his darker more realistic looking tunic.

Salem

SICK
I generally prefer the "young" Links, so by "default" I like Toon Link better than any "adult" Link, My favourite design for Link is the one for the first Zelda game.

But actually I Link Toon, I think he's just awesome in general.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
hm,hard to say
i have an attachment to toon link considering wind waker was my first and only zelda for a while,but i always craved playing as an adult link

this is probably a coin toss for me

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I prefer adult Link typically, but Toon Link is still pretty cool.

I can't call Toon Link too cute after his finishing blow in WW though. He may be more brutal than the realistic Links... :sweat:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I like Toon Link better than I like adult Link only because I like child Link better than adult Link. I would have to say that child OoT Link or MM Link is probably my favorite. I find adventures of a child to be much more grand than the adventures of an adult.

I can't call Toon Link too cute after his finishing blow in WW though. He may be more brutal than the realistic Links... :sweat:

Nothing's more brutal than a preschooler stabbing an old man's head. No wonder the game's rated E10. XD

I like Toon Link better than I like adult Link only because I like child Link better than adult Link. I would have to say that child OoT Link or MM Link is probably my favorite. I find adventures of a child to be much more grand than the adventures of an adult.

Same here. I honestly like the more younger Links better than the adult Links because they're more interesting to me. Most of my favorite video games have child protagonists, so of course I'm gonna like the kid Links more.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I just don't think cute works with Link. It feels like a contradiction of his character.

I don't really compare Toon Link to Adult Link. To me, Young Link is a better comparison, and it's not just because of Smash Bros. I've always thought of Adult Link as a more serious hero who needs "to get the job done", while Toon Link and Young Link are much clearer in their expression of emotion and tend to goof off quite a bit.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
There a certain qualities between the two that I enjoy of both. It's difficult for me to even compare, so I can't give a valid answer of Toon Link vs Adult Link. I just love both so much.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
SS Link may be my favorite Link, but in general I like Toon Link better. He's more fun to play as, and I really like the games he's in. Plus he's my best character in Super Smash Bros. He seems very expressive and mischievous, and I enjoy that. He seems to have more personality than the other Links. I definitely prefer him over Adult Link (unless it's SS Link).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom