• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Do You Want As the Zelda U Villain?

Who do you want as the Zelda U villain?

• Ganon/Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaati

• Dark Link

• A previous one-time villain

• A new villain

• Total voters
...Wow. I wasn't even paying attention, and this poll became pretty popular.

Ganondorf kind of walks a fine line. On one end, he risks becoming too familiar and losing his luster, like Bowser from Mario or Ridley from Metroid. On the other, he represents a primal human fear: inescapable death. Because he keeps coming back, because you just can't kill him for good, he turns into a guy you kind of have to respect. And I do have to hand it to Nintendo for not obligatorily featuring him in almost every Zelda game. They give time for his presence to cool down, then show him off again when the time is right.

It's kind of like an actor's relationship to his fans, when you think about it. If you liked him the first time, you'll want to see him again. See him too often, though, and you may get sick of him. Ganondorf didn't start off as an interesting character, but his constant presence in the series has gradually built him into one. In the Oracle games, we see just how far his surrogate mothers go to revive him, even bringing him back as a mindless, broken beast. In The Wind Waker, it's hinted that he probably had a heart and a soul at one point before being fully corrupted by evil. Skyward Sword, of course, introduced the concept that he, Link, and Zelda were bound by a curse to always return. As time has passed, he's turned into a guy a lot of people want to know more about, and Nintendo hasn't really seized that opportunity like they should have. Which brings us back to Zelda U.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I think a brand new villain would just be great, I'd have to pick that one. They can be anyone, so it gives the writers a lot more freedom and flexibility over exactly what they want to do, since there's no pre-existing backstory or design, or fan's expectations of them, or anything like that. Always nice. A good writer can only do so much with shackles put on him with so much lore kicking around in the back of many big franchises, I think giving them as much freedom as possible would be the best. But, that's just my opinion obviously.

Salem

SICK
there's a huge chance it will be Ganondorf again, specially if the game takes place in Hyrule, I'm hoping that at least there will be two Zelda games for the Wii U, if the first one has Ganon, then the other one can have someone else as the villain?

christewks

King of the Zoras
My choice is either Dark Link (who I voted for) or a brand new villain. Dark Link would pretty much be a brand new villain any way if he was the main protagonist and there are trying new things out in this Zelda. That's pretty much why I think it will be a new villain(or Dark Link) because Gannondorf is a staple of the series as well as Vaati (although not as much) and a previous one time villain wouldn't be very interesting. (unless it's a sequel which I'm fairly sure it's not)

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Ganondorf. A mean, HD, Ganondorf. I want him to be scary, to put fear into me as I enter his liar to do battle. I want to loathe him, so much, that I will push away my fear of his demonic looking HD figure and put myself at risk for the good of Hyrule.

New villain
Reason: Gannon is over used and Dark Link just doesn't really have the history to be a villan, Vaati I don't think all the fans would be happy with how Nintendo would make Vaati's model HD.

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
Dark Link because .... he could have a cool gimmick?
He might mirror your moves, so you'd have to be be very strategical!

Last edited:

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
''He already does mirror your moves, silly saler of the masks.'' - Sonic, 2013

Yeah, but it would be cooler in 3D. Silly collector of rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom