• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Do You Think the Zelda U Villain Will Be?

Who do you think the Zelda U villain will be?

• Ganon/Ganondorf

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Vaati

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Link

• A previous one-time villain

• A new villain

• Total voters
This poll is in contrast to the "Who do you want as the Zelda U villain?" poll. In the latter, you vote for what kind of villain you'd prefer in Zelda U. In this poll, you merely vote on which kind of villain you think Nintendo will wind up going with in Zelda U as of now.

Funnily enough, my answer remains largely the same: as of now, I think Nintendo will lean more toward Ganon. Otherwise, they'll go with a new villain. We're coming off of Skyward Sword's origin story of Ganondorf, we haven't seen the guy in forever, and most major console Zelda releases (The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess) use him as the villain. It also wouldn't surprise me terribly to learn an entirely new villain had been crafted, which is also exciting since it's something we haven't seen before and quite possibly a departure from previous villain takes. Veran was a cold, calculating sorceress; Vaati started as a dark but otherwise somewhat normal-looking wind mage; Majora's Mask was essentially a mysterious nightmare wrapped up into a physical object. Even if we don't get Ganon, I'd look forward to the new villain.

I have to echo everyone who has posted thus far and say Ganondorf as well. I feel like it would make sense for Nintendo to make another game in the vein of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess - it's probably not going to be another prequel like Skyward Sword because we just had that. I feel like Zelda console games are overdue for Ganondorf being the main villain (as opposed to Twilight Princess where he sort of shared the spotlight with Zant until Zant threw a tantrum and ran out of the spotlight flailing his sleeve ribbons...). Of course, surprises are nice. Go ahead, Nintendo - surprise us.

I realize that I have not really added anything to the conversation here... oh well. :lol: Take my 2¢ and spend it on something shiny.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I swear I posted "Ganondorf" in here. :I
And that's my response. Why? Because Ganondorf!

Fig

The Altruist
I personally think that Ganon/Ganondorf will the villain for the Wii U Zelda game. Then again, a brand new villain make take up the roll of the main villain of the entire game. As for Vaati and Dark Link, they are minor bosses, because the two of them only appear for something specific in the game(s). Vaati will only make an appearance or cameo when the Four Sword is the main point in the game. Dark Link may only appear when it may just appear because the producers wanted him to appear. MAYBE he might appear because we might learn a little more about the Dark Interlopers. But that is a slight, small, microscopic chance that we may learn about the Dark Interlopers.. :xd:

In conclusion, I still believe that only Ganon/Ganondorf or a brand new villain can only take the place of the main villain of the entire game.

Storm Fox

Natsu Dragneel
I think the villian will be some thing new thats not in the vote. may be it will be ganon and dark link combind or links shadow640px-Hawk_Grass.jpg
i voted for no one

I think It might be a new villain seeing as the mission for zeld U is to rethink the formula; with a new formula it would make sense to have a new villain.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Shadow Link. I've had enough of Ganondorf the troll. Seriously, I used to think Ganon was this cool villain in the series, now it's like he's already been several games as compared to the other villains, yet people keep continuously asking for more of him in yet even more Zelda games. Now he's just annoying troll to me. Ever since SS and HH came out, more and more people have been asking for more Ganon. Before that, alot of people were asking for Dark Link since they really wanted to be able to fight him in TP but were disappointed that they never got that fight until SSBB which doesn't count considering it wasn't an actual Zelda game, TP was, so in terms of Zelda canon, they never actually got that fight they were anticipating for, now since HH (the book that ruined Dark/Shadow Link's character), those people are now asking for more Ganon and got over the whole thing with Dark Link. Also, I thought Ganon was one of the reasons why people were hating on TP. I think it's time Nintendo should take a 10 game break from Ganon and focus more on the other villains cause I don't think it's really fair for Ganon to constantly steal the spotlight that other villains could of had if it weren't him. It's ruining the reputation for Ganon as a villain in the series. Yeah, sure Nintendo easily gets away with the constant Bowser in Mario games but with Zelda it's different, cause, for one, Zelda is more of a serious type of franchise as where Mario isn't, Zelda is meant to be taken seriously while Mario isn't so Nintendo can't easily get away with constant Ganon like they can with constant Bowser. In order for Ganon to appear in a Zelda game, Nintendo would have to have a good explanation how and why in terms of which makes logical sense.

Anyways that is all I have to say for now, I'm tired. :tired:

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I think it'll be a new Villain, although I also think it might be Gannon. I hope it's a new villain. I think Zelda needs to introduce a one time villain who isn't the epitome of evil and all that. I'd like to see a man. Just a man, who uses his intellect and his own abilities. Not magic, not trickery. I want him to be Link's equal from the beginning to the end. I want him to be a normal guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom