• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Composed the Song of Storms?

You know that guy in Oot in the windmill? (I think his name is guru-guru or something like that.)
Anyways, when you're an adult, he teaches you the song of storms.
But when you go back in time, you have to teach it to him.
So the guy teaches Link, but Link teaches him.
So who made the song of storms? (Besides that composer brother in MM)

B

BladeMasterLink

i think link is the composer because he hasn't reach the timline where he learns the song as a kid but idk thats confusing

Link. Obviously. It's like an episode from Spongbob. Squidward went back in time to early spongebob and patrick, and taught them them how to catch jellyfish. So when he gets back to his regular time, he asks them who taught them that stupid game and they said " You did". It makes perfect sense. If a future me went back in time and taught me how to make song, the younger me could teach it now to the guru.

B

Borric

link went in time a learnt the song from guru-guru and he says when you play the song you remind him a mistivous little kid who taught that song to him 7 years ago and when you go back in time and play that song for him he gets angry, so link taught it him 7 years ago but only learns it as an adult it make some sense but veyr little :S

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Wait... didn't the Composer Brothers... compose it? I thought I read somewhere in game that they did. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
You're.....actually right. Wow. How the heck could I have missed that. :(

From ZW.org:

They (that is, their Terminan counterparts) also make an appearance in Majora's Mask, where Sharp has sold his soul to the devil, and locked his younger brother up. Flat taught Link the Song of Storms (which he had composed), so he could use it to heal Sharp's soul.

But then that makes no sense. If Flat composed the song of storms, and I assume there's only one song of storms, then how could the guru possibly know the song of storms?

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
teaching a song to someone doesn't make you the composer. So IF the composer is either Guru-Guru or Link, I'd say Guru-Guru, because at least we don't know if he did it, but we are sure Link did not.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
You know, I said in the first post besides the composer brother in MM.
I'm talking about in Oot. Kay, people? :D

That is the problem, there is a loop/plot hole in there...

That is why there is a theory that MM takes place between the seven years that Link is sealed, wich I hardly believe is true

Yes, Mike is right. There is no explanation.

If you want to theorize, then it's possible than perhaps Guru-Guru did compose it and taught it to Link. But then Link went back in time and taught it to him before he composed it, which screwed up the timeline and created a paradox.

Or you could say that Link went to Termina and learned it from Flat and then taught it Guru-Guru... or something...

Any way you look at it, there is no definite explanation. Only theories that can't be proven.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i actually heard a pretty decent theory about all of this. its a theory as to why there is no split in the timeline, although i definitely believe in a split, but this still is a solid theory.

the theory i heard said that everything in OoT was basically predetermined and no matter what Link did in the past, it would lead to Ganondorfs eventual overtake of the kingdom which actually makes sense. if they couldnt stop him when he tried to get in the Temple of Time then how could they stop him before he does? he obviously was powerful enough to overtake them on his own so how do we know that after link goes back after defeating him that they can stop him?

anyway that second part was just for fun to post. here is the theory about the song. basically it says that no matter what you do when you go back in time, you cant change the future. it was set in stone that link was to learn the song of storms, regardless of who composed it, which means that someway or another he has to learn the song. the guru guru teaches it to you but only after you teach it to him in the past which fulfills the predetermined prophecy.

think of it like in the episode of futurama where Fry goes back in time, kills his supposed grandfather only to find out that later on when he has relations with his grandmother, he becomes his own grandfather. it basically is saying that he already exists so no matter what he does when he goes back in time, he is going to exist. his grandfather was killed so his family HAD to be born somehow so fate made him his own grandfather.

if anyone is interested, the thread with this theory is at ZU and it uses the same futurama connection in a better way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom