• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who are your favorite Warriors characters?

Mido

Version 1
The Warriors franchise has adopted many mantles of varying series, but what each of these series generally have in common is that a plethora of diverse characters populate the series' respective Warriors titles. Having said this, who are your favorite characters to use in Warriors games that you have played? Do their playstyles appeal to you? Are their roles in their games compelling? Perhaps these characters are your favorites as a result of their impact outside their Warriors games (although this question is probably best suited for crossover titles)? No matter the case, feel free to say what's on your mind! As far as my own favorites are concerned, here are a few:
DW
Cao Pi
Jia Xu
Li Dian
Lu Meng
Ding Feng
Sun Ce
Pang Tong
Guan Yu
Liu Shan
Xiahou Ba
Guo Huai
Sima Yi
SW/WO
Yoshihiro Shimazu
Sakon Shima
Nene
Masanori Fukushima
Nuwa
HW
Wizzro
Agitha
Impa
Link
Ganondorf

@Mido, a great topic.
It seems we like the same games but totally different characters playstyles.

From a historical point of view I like a few but I'll stick to mentioning the ones I like the most in DW8XL - assuming I am using their preferred weapon/play style. As I really like how they play and I find them fun to use.
I'm not going to mention any Samurai Warriors games as I really don't like any of them enough. I do need to play them more though. I am slowly going through Sananda though and I do have 4 and 4-2 to eventually get through one day (bought all 3 on a deep sale).

Playstyles I really like from DW8XL and Hyrule Warriors.

Wei
  • Cao Cao
  • Dian Wei
  • Yue Jin
  • Zhang Liao
Shu
  • Bao Sanniang
  • Zhang Xingcai
Wu
  • Bu Lian Shi
  • Han Dang
  • Lu Su
  • Sun Jian
Jin
  • Sima Shi
  • Wang Yuanji
Other
  • Lu Bu
  • Lu Lingqui

Hyrule Warriors - listing the weapons of each character I like.
Link - Master Sword, Gauntlets
Impa - Naginata
Shiek - Harp
Zelda - Rapier
Fi - Sword
Twilight Midna - Mirror (this is broken though as it has two different musou attacks, but it's still totally fun to use)

Character playstyles I really hate
Only the playstyles I really hate a lot will be listed here, not the majority I don't care either way about

Dynasty Warriors 8XL - Dong Zhou.
His fat ass is so hard to use. He's slow and his bombs don't hit anything. I hate him in lore and in game. I'm glad he was betrayed and slaughtered early on in the piece.

Hyrule Warriors
Midna - Shackle
Sure some people are good with Midna but I just can't get to grips with a character where the base weak attack combo is almost worthless. Also the strong combos are really hard to use. I usually just pay the rupees to over level Midna so I can actually beat the leves I have to use Midna on.

Agitha - Parasol
I don't like her because her beetle attack is her only good attack. It's really good. But spamming this single strong combo over and over is quite boring. She's not hard to use, just boring.

Darunia - Hammer
I just find this weapon to be slow, cumbersome and not fun to use. Also his musou attack has a pathetic range so it can't hit anything unless you are in it's face.

Lana - Summoning Portal
Her other weapons are not good but they are at least usable. The portal on the other hand is really RNG and there's really only one good attack. This being riding the Argorok. This would be fine if the weak combo was usable, but it's not. The portal has zero attacks fact enough to get you out of any tough spots. The portal can dish out the pain but if there is pain incoming, you can't stop it using the portal.

Last edited:
These are the characters I enjoy playing as in the games I've played (and can remember).

Dynasty Warriors
Diao Chan
Lu Linqui

Samurai Warriors
Lady No
Kai

Hyrule Warriors
Link
Zelda
Impa
Marin
Twili Midna

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I've played a couple dynasty warriors games and I really like Sun Jian. Tcao Tcao is also pretty bad ass

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom