• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are Your 5 Favorite Video Game Characters?

no order

Lady Calista (The Last Story)
Wander (Shadow Of The Colossus)
Happy Mask Salesman (MM)
Jack (Bioshock)
Mr. House (New Vegas)

5. Master Chief (Halo)
From the first Halo to halo 3 (haven't played 4 yet) Master Chief has been a symbol of hope for earth. He has taken out countless covenant, destroyed my ships and saved humanity on several occasions. He is on this list because he is a kick butt spartan thingy that knows how to fight for survival.

4.Alan Wake (Alan Wake)
Alan Wake may have been have been in but one game, but he deserves my recognition just the same. I'm not really sure if he is insane or if his stories are coming to life, but he sure knows how to beat back his imagination.

3.Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
This one sneaky "person" caught my interest a few years back. Throughout the games he was in, he would always find a way past a bunch of guards without them knowing. How dumb can those guys get? It's not his actions that impress me, it's his attitude towards crap. He reminds me of Chuck Norris.

2.Link(Legend of Zelda)
Ha as if i need to explain this one, but i will anyway. Link is not number one becuase of personal reasons, but we shall get to that later. Link has been my favorite character since 2003. I have seen him before then, but that's a blurry memory.

1.Luigi (Super Mario Bros, Luigi's Mansion)
Luigi is the most underrated character (in my opinion) and deserves some respect. He has always been in Mario's shadow and it's time for him to step out of it. Luigi's Mansion was a great example of how well Luigi can do in his own game. He is #1 on my list because he is the underdog.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
5-Shadow (Sonic The Hedgehog)
4-Lulu (Final Fantasy X)
3-Kirby (Kirby Series)
2-Master Chief (Halo)
1-PAPER Mario (not the platformer)

They're not particularly in order. I dunno, for 4 & 5 I think I love their reserved and sometimes insensible personalities, and with the other three I just grew up playing those games and I love them just because of that.

EDIT: If you think this list is too cute, you can change one of your liking by Ghirahim. Oh yes.

Ganondork

goo
This is a little tough, but alright. Expect spoilers. Pictures are in spoiler tags.

1. Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad - Assassin's Creed Series

250px-AltairRender54.png

This guy is just amazing. His story is filled with emotion and grief. He's always the Assassin who was left behind - right next to Desmond - because of Ezio and Connor's amazing fighting and free-running prowess. People seem to forget that Altaïr was the one who designed the weapons they fought with, even some of the free-running techniques they depended on. Altaïr is easily my favorite Assassin, and without him, Assassin's Creed wouldn't be as great as it is for me. Altaïr was amazingly depicted in the book by Oliver Bowden, Revelations, too. It was amazing to see what went through his mind as he stood over Abbas Sofian's dying body. I have much more to say on this man's amazing life, but I'll leave it at that.

2. Jack Ryan - Bioshock

Jack_Ryan_Portrait.png

This guy is the most epic four year old you will ever be in a video game. In no other game does a toddler massacre his father and his foster father. However, not only that, but he decides his own fate. Unlike many video games, Jack chooses his life path as he ventures through Rapture. If he proves to be the innocent man that neither Andrew nor Frank expected, then he lives a fulfilling life with the Little Sisters he rescues. If he proves to be a monster, then he travels the surface where he threatens the world with an atomic bomb.

3. Happy Mask Salesman - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Happy_Mask_Salesman_Artwork_(Majora's_Mask).png

I've always loved this guy. I've found him to be mysterious, yet still we know just enough about him for him to be exciting. The many theories I've read about him make me like him even more than I already do. When presented correctly, the Happy Mask Salesman theories never cease to interest me. I like to think I know a lot about him, but there are probably people who know more about him than me.

4. Master Chief - Halo Series

Master_chief_(1).jpg

I haven't played Halo yet, but what I've read about this protagonist is amazing. I've spent a lot of time reading up on Halo 4, and seeing Master Chief's internal struggles seems amazing. It reminds me entirely of Isaac Clark's mental struggle in Dead Space 2, just not as violent towards himself - let's all be honest, Isaac's scene where he almost stabs himself is intense. I still don't know much about Master Chief's life and story, but what I've read is extremely interesting. I can't wait to start playing the series once I get the games for Christmas.

5. Shahkulu - Assassin's Creed: Revelations

shahkulufloater.jpg

Shahkulu is one of the few men in the Assassin's Creed series that follows the Templar Order without caring at all about the order's philosophy. He's only out for revenge. However, what I found interesting about Shahkulu is that his story is entirely like Ezio's, but he found the Byzantines who wanted the Turks - like Shahkulu did - dead. I also found it amazing when Shahkulu was capable of surviving Ezio's air assassination, choke the Assassin, survive Ezio's stabs to Shahkulu's forearm, stand up, and then fight Ezio. Rodrigo Borgia is the only other person that was able to do half of that.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Wrex (Mass Effect)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Goemon
Mega Man
Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
There are so many I wanted to include such as Zelda, Shadow, Cinder, Luke Fon Fabre, Marta, Emil, many other tales and FE characters, it was so difficult to find just 4 more, but here they are in order.

5. Amelia - FE 8, so cute, whenever you see her talking you realize how much of a noob she actually is, but she ends up being the strongest character.

4. Yuri Lowell - I haven't yet played the game, but I have seen clips from it and I watched the movie First Strike, I think he is my favorite tales character, I might like Marta better, I haven't seen enough of her to say yet.

3. Lute - FE 8 - I loved FE 8 girls because of their egos, they were so cute, entertaining and she is the best of them, besides that her hair is purple and her sprite is really cool, she can also use all magic weapons and looks really cool with dark magic.

2. GlaDoS -I thought for a second I'd be the first to say this, but yea she is hilarious, I had to put her on this list.

1. Amy Rose - Been my favorite fictional character since I played A2B back in grade 6, I am grade 13 now.

5. Meta Knight (Kirby series)
4. Aran Ryan (Punch Out (Wii))
3. Pac Man (Pac man World 3)
2. Zero (MegaMan Zero)
1. Shadow (Sonic Adventure 2)

5. Meta Knight (Kirby series)
4. Aran Ryan (Punch Out (Wii))
3. Pac Man (Pac man World 3)
2. Zero (MegaMan Zero)
1. Shadow (Sonic Adventure 2)

Nice choices, all three of my favorite anti heroes.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
In no particular order:

Master Chief
Isaac Clarke
Commander Shepard
My Grey Warden (from DA: O)
Geralt de Rivia

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
1. CJ (Carl Johnson)- GTA San Andreas

2. Link- LoZ

3. Spyro- Spyro series

4. Nathen Drake- Uncharted

5. Ezio- AC series

Keep in mind that my mind has went completely blank so I may have left some of my favs out :/

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I have lots of favorites. Just five though? Uh, okay. In no particular order, I choose:

1: Ganondorf
2: Toon Link (I think I like him better than regular Link. Ever since I first saw him in TWW I've thought he's the best incarnation so far)
3: Linebeck
4: Bowser
5: Earthworm Jim

I think my list is gonna be different than it usually would be. :eek:

#1. Zelgius (FE10)
- I love him for his complexity and being a character with a surprising amount of depth. He's the kind of character that you really need to think about to understand and isn't just a generic villain.

#2. Ike (SSBB/FE9/FE10)
- He's the character I'd say I have the most in common with personality wise. We both live by our principles and won't give in to pressure to break them, are very straightforward and to-the-point, and

#3. Marth (SSB/FE/FE11/FE12)
- I love him just because I love him. Kind of like I hate Luigi just because I hate Luigi. :P

#4. Elincia (FE10)
- She, in my opinion, is very under-appreciated . We see her go from being a frightened, shy girl who lacks confidence and lost everything to becoming a capable woman with a very strong dedication to her country and principles, who shows great courage and is willing to, no matter how hard it is, make the most painful sacrifice she can on the behalf of her people.

#5. Amaterasu (Okami)
- Her poop EXPLODES and kills demons! How cool is that?!

Honorable Mention: Altaïr.
- Altaïr really doesn't get enough attention and respect, IMHO, and I think it's partly because he's a very deeply introverted character. All of the people I've known who say Altaïr doesn't have a personality are people who love Ezio because he's outgoing. The thing is, with Ezio, what you see is what you get. Ezio doesn't make you think much. Altaïr has a personality - it may seem subtle or non-existent, but I think it takes a certain kind of person to really get to the root of Altaïr's character, understand, and appreciate him. Also, Altaïr introduced me to Syria and, ironically, if it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't know my two friends there. So he automatically gets major points from me. :P

In no particular order

Wario- A fat greedy dude who was once a villain but now is just kind of mischievious, and always gets into mischief.
King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy- he just says the weirdest things and is an all around wacky character
Samus (Pre Other M) - She's just the ultimate kick *** bounty hunter alien fighter.
Luigi- especially Paper Mario Luigi because he's really funny, but Luigi in general is just an entertaining character.
Pit or Viridi from Kid Icarus Uprising can't pick between them- So many characters in this game are really charming and funny but these were my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom