• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Are Your 5 Favorite Video Game Characters?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Aw, most of mine are side characters! Anyway:

5-Vivian (Paper Mario 2): Vivian is so vulnerable at the start that I wanted to punch her sister, then she's so independent and strong. I also used to have a crush on her (until I learned she's a boy in the japanese version). Whatever, she's still awesome.
4-Cremia (Majora's Mask): That hug scene is possibly some of the only character development Link has ever seen (the pink text has to mean something, you know)! And that barn scene with Romani is one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
3-Rydia (Final Fantasy IV): It was moving how Cecil protected her after leaving her with almost nothing in this world. She has one of the most epic comebacks in game history and her theme is one of my favorite works from Nobuo Uematsu.
2-Hunter (Spyro series): Ok, too many girls in there, it's starting to look like I can't get any in real life. Hunter was one of the clumsiest characters I've ever seen, but he still had that charm about him that I can't quite point out.
1-Bobbery (Paper Mario 2): Oh, c'mon! Anybody who played the game will know why Bobbery is so great!

I didn't put Link because I don't think of him as a character. Feel free to tell me if I got too emotional.

Last edited:
5) Shadow the Hedgehog - I've always liked antiheroes in videogames/animes, and Shadow fits the role perfectly
4) Leon S Kennedy - Just came to admire him in Resident Evil 4. He has this "movie action hero" thing about him.
3) Bowser - I just find him to be an example of the perfect villain.
2) Link - the hero. Has a wide variety of abilities and is damn courageous.
1) Okami Amaterasu - the wolf incarnation of the Japanese sun goddess in Okami. She's a wolf goddess. Enough said.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
5. Altair (Assassins Creed)
4. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
3. Midna (Legend of Zelda)
2. Luigi (Mario)
1. Link (Legend of Zelda)

Honorable Mentions:

Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda)
Issac Clarke (Dead Space)
Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid)
M. Bison (Street Fighter)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
GLaDOS (Portal)
Bill (Left 4 Dead)

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
1.) Link (The Legend of Zelda) - Well, this should be pretty self-explanatory.
2.) Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil) - I LIKE HIM. <3
3.) Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog) - He's a pretty charming character. Easy to love. :D
4.) Cynder (Spyro series) - She's cool.
5.) Zelda (The Legend of Zelda) - Regardless of what others think of her, I think she's helpful and nice. :3

Others that didn't make the list: Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda), Jet (Sonic the Hedgehog), Kohtaro (Castle of Shikigami), Mihee Kim (Castle of Shikigami).

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
1. Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
2. Invoker (Dota 2)
3. Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
4. Issac (Golden Sun)
5. Scout (TF 2)

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
5: Zelda, in her Skyward Sword form.

4: Donkey Kong. No idea why, but I liked him after playing his newest Country game.

3: Tweek, from Fur Fighters. None of you have ever heard of it, so I can tell you he's an anthropomorphic 1 day old dragon :P

2: Luigi. Srsly, if you didn't know that after lookin' at my name, then phooey on you.

1: Shadow the Hedgehog. I've loved him since Sonic Adventure 2, and he will forever always be my favorite video game character.

Honorable mentions: WW Link (Or Toon Link), Diddy Kong, Metal Sonic, Princess Daisy, and Vanitas.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
1.) Garrus Vakarian - Mass Effect
2.) Flight Lt. Jeff "Joker" Moreau - Mass Effect
3.) Kasumi Goto - Mass Effect
4.) Varic Tetras - Dragon Age 2
5.) Midna - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Honorable Mention:
Mordin Solis STG - Mass Effect
Liara T'soni - Mass Effect
Admiral Tali'zorah Vas Neema/Vas Normandy - Mass Effect
Bruce Wayne/Batman - Batman Arkham City/Asylum
The Joker - Batman Arkham City/Asylum
Leon S. Kennedy - Resident Evil
Atrus - Myst
Commander Shepard ESA SpecT&Re - Mass Effect
The Champion of Kirkwall - Dragon Age 2

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
5. Meta Knight (Kirby series)
4. Aran Ryan (Punch Out (Wii))
3. Pac Man (Pac man World 3)
2. Zero (MegaMan Zero)
1. Shadow (Sonic Adventure 2)

5. Meta Knight (Kirby series)
4. Aran Ryan (Punch Out (Wii))
3. Pac Man (Pac man World 3)
2. Zero (MegaMan Zero)
1. Shadow (Sonic Adventure 2)

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
#1.) Piers Nivans (Resident Evil 6) - Great character with good hair. He was one, if not the best well developed "new character" for this series.
#2.) Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2)
#3.) Ada Wong (Resident Evil 6)
#4.) Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
#5.) Dante (Devil May Cry 4)

Honorable Mentions
1.) Lady Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
2.) Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
3.) Sheik (TLOZ: Ocarina of Time)
4.) Finn Macauley (Resident Evil 6)
5.) Fi (TLOZ: Skyward Sword)
6.) Link (every zelda game)

1. Ezio Auditore da Firenze - Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations
2. The Joker - Batman: Arkham Asylum, Arkham City
3. Tetra - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass
4. Linebeck - The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
5. Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway) - Assassin's Creed III

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Hmm...

5. Fox McCloud (StarFox series) [Only from Lylat Wars64 {AKA StarFox64} onwards though]

I love Fox's enthusiasm and the ideals that he has throughout the series. Overall he's a great character although I think he's been played by too many voice actors.

4. Derek Stiles (Trauma Center series)

3. Link (Do I really have to?)

Again, is this necessary? I am on a website dedicated to the green guy...

2. Conker (Specifically in Conker's Bad Fur Day)

There is just no other character like this foul mouthed drunk squirrel and he holds a place in my heart as being one of the quirkiest characters I've ever played as.

1. Seto (Fragile Dreams ~Farewell Ruins of The Moon~)

There is not enough time for me to write about why I love this character so much. A young boy survives some disaster only to discover that he is possibly the only person left alive when he encounters the Silver Haired Girl. All this protagonist is looking for in this game is human contact. Never heard of this game? Shame on you! Seto is the guy in the middle of my sig holding the torch. This game is the only game that has brought a tear more than once to my eye...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom