• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who are Some of Your Favorite Guitar Players?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
We all have guitar players we admire, so who's your favorite? If you want, you can provide some of your favorite songs they're featured in. :)

I'll start, my favorites are Steve Vai, Marty Friedman, Dave Murray, and Randy Rhoads.

Here's Steve Vai playing his song "For the Love of God.":

Here's Marty Friedman on the Megadeth track "Tornado of Souls":

Here's Dave Murray on the Maiden song "Powerslave":

And of course, Randy Rhoads on the song "Mr. Crowley":

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Admittedly, my knowledge of guitar players themselves is pretty limited, but I've gotta say. I love a good Brian May solo. One of the best guitar players I've ever heard. The BoRhap solo in particular is iconic, and for good reason. It's awesome.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Definitely Alex Lifeson of Rush (Or as us in the Rush fandom call him Lerxst.) Not only is he an awesome guitarist but he is also an awesome comedian, I remember listening to his acceptance speech he gave when Rush was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I could not but resist by LOLing at it. The other time he was a total comedic riot was on an episode of Trailer Park Boys where he gets kidnapped by Ricky, the dialog between the two is nothing short of comedy genius, especially when Ricky asks Alex to "Play that Diane Sawyer song." :D

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Definitely Angus Young (AC/DC). Especially when he and his brother Malcolm played one another like the way they did in Whole lotta Rosie.
Eddie van Halen is also amazing. The guy doesn't need any introduction. His name is similar to wowtastic guitar playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom