• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Also Noticed That There is No Magic Meter in the New Legend of Zelda Games!

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I noticed and this disapointed me a little but the rest of the game(TP and SS) cleared it up
--
Maybe it didn't suit the story very well, I think they could've made sidequests to get magic.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
I believe the shield meter replaced the magic meter in SS I was slightly disappointed it wasn't present in TP but sometimes I like the pretend that the lantern oil meter in TP is the magic meter then I go in a corner and cry.

I certainly noticed. I miss the magic meter too. It's only with a magic meter that you can do magic attacks. Without it, the game has to balance itself with magic items that can't directly kill enemies. Bring back the magic meter!

there was an article just written about this. I think the magic meter would be great if it was used like ALTTP. In other games its not terribly useful. Although majoras mask wasnt a bad use of it with the goron, zora and deku attack.

I would really like the magic metre to come back; it was an awesome feature and I loved the spells from Ocarina of Time as well as the ice arrows.

I know! i miss magic, it was always one of my favorite things in Zelda games! I think they should bring it back immediately!

R

RetroStalfos

I mourned it for a bit when I noticed it wasn't in TP, and then started thinking about it, and then got over it. There isn't much magic could have been used for in TP besides maybe the lantern, dominion rod, and magic armor. Even Skyward Sword didn't have anything that would need magic. Heck Wind Waker barely used the magic meter it had.

If they reintroduce magic spells, enchanted arrows, and some more magic powered goodies, then I think they should bring back the meter.

K

KinRyuTen

I don't mind that Zelda games don't have magic meters anymore, because even though in the games that Link had magic, lets be honest, A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time were probably the only games where magic was useful. Wind Waker kinda made some items use magic to make you use the meter. The only thing I needed magic for was the magic arrows.

I have definitley noticed, and I really want to know why. It could just be because all of the items in the past few games have no magical features, but who knows.

I noticed, I was really sad when they didn't include it...It seemed like the games were missing something without it, and I really hope they bring it back.
I feel like I would have liked Twilight Princess a lot more if it had had the magic in it...

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I hope they bring it back soon, because every time I play a new Zelda, I get a sense of awe, like I'm taking my first strides in a brand new world, and that feeling only lasts untill I have found every item and feature that the game has to offer. The magic meter keeps that feeling a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom