• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Title Will You Not Play Again?

bunny

birb overlord
The only Zelda game I can think of that I probably won't play even just for a moment has gotta be Four Swords. It's no fun playing alone, and no one ever wants to play with me, so... Boring... :I Although I will say it's quite possible I won't play any of the older retro Zelda games again... I may pick one up someday if I'm bored or something, but I just don't really care for them. I don't dislike them; they aren't appealing to me. I can never keep up with the story, and I usually have to come to ZeldaDungeon to figure out where I'm supposed to go next. I can't say I won't ever play them again though because they can be fun every now and then.

D

Deathrasher

Zelda II. The only game in the series I don't like at all. Never finished it, probably never will...

Night Owl

~Momentai
Most likely to never get played again - SS
It just didn't have the, "there may be another secret" type feeling when exploring that I get from the others.

But even so, I have a knack for replaying them every now and then just for the fun of it.
Zelda is the most replayed of any videogame series I have ever played.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Edit: Probably won't play either Four Swords or Four Swords Adventures again either unless with friends.

Last edited:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I don't think there is a single Zelda game I won't play again... considering... you know... part of my job here at Zelda Dungeon is to play Zelda games!

However, if I had to choose... I think I wouldn't want to play Four Swords Adventures again as a Single Player game. It's fun Multi-Player, but I really didn't enjoy it single player. I think I'd only play it again Single Player if I was creating website content and needed to.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
However, if I had to choose... I think I wouldn't want to play Four Swords Adventures again as a Single Player game. It's fun Multi-Player, but I really didn't enjoy it single player.

I have to agree with this. The first time I played it was with a couple friends, and it was really fun. I eventually got to play it alone and it bored me to tears. It's definitely a game designed to be played with your pals.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hah.

I'll replay every Zelda game, just 'cuz I'm obsessed like that. :P

I might never finish my secondary playthrough of The Minish Cap, though. I started it, but I only ever beat the first dungeon. I just don't find it super exciting to play again. And considering how AoL's going, I'll probably never even get the chance to replay that, because I'm never even going to complete my first run. XD

I mean, I've at least STARTED replays of every game I've completed, so...

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Hmm, interesting. I'm not going to say I'm never going to play a Zelda game again, ever, considering that's the rest of my life I'm talking about, and I never know what twists and turns lie ahead. Also, I might become possessed by some morbid obsession to play Adventure of Link sometime in the distant future just to remind myself what a pile of tripe it is.

But as for what Zelda games I don't see myself playing again in the near future, that's a bit easier for me to say. Darn near most of them. I've got other things going on in my life that I need to focus on. Oh, I love talking about Zelda games with fellow fans, and I'm really glad I've played through (most) Zelda games. But for some reason what seems to be happening with Zelda games to me is that, I play through them the first time through to completion just fine, but then when I go back to replay them I get bored quickly and fall back on my mainstay Zelda games; Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and now Skyward Sword.

It's the darnest thing, and it happens to me all the time with other games as well. Most times when I boot up the GameCube I default to the Metroid Prime games. When I play my Wii, it's either Skyward Sword or Okami. With the SNES, it's almost always Donkey Kong. Any time I try to play any of the other Final Fantasy games I always default back to FF6. And on my DS, if Chrono Trigger isn't in it, it's almost always Pokemon games. (Seriously, that ****'s my cocaine.)

I'm a man of habit, is what I'm saying.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The Four Swords Adventure of the DS is so confusing and I didn't enjoy it. The graphics are great, the music is awesome, characters, items, enemies, etc are amazing. The thing that I didn't enjoy was the game play and plot. I had a hard time understanding. Pretty much that's the only Zelda game I don't plan to revisit at all.

I don't think I own any Zelda games which I'm never going to play again. I like all of them to one extent or another, and it may be years before I think, "Remember in [insert name of Zelda title here] when I went through [insert action here]?" I'm already thinking about Twilight Princess, a game I haven't touched in awhile. Life's just gotten busier, so I don't spend quite as much time on video games. Eventually, I will feel an inclination to try a Zelda game again. If I were to pick one I most likely wouldn't touch again, it would probably be The Wind Waker. I haven't been able to get into it like many others have, so it's not high on my list of games to retry.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I probably won't play Spirit Tracks again. The Lokomo songs alone have almost made me give up on the game. Only after many tries was I finally able to get it right. The microphone controls are awkward and overly picky. Train travel was too slow and tedious. Later on in the game, you could unlock new tracks and warp points by getting force gems. However, in order to get force gems, you often had to complete a rather tedious sidequest. Then there was the tower of spirits. Having to revisit it 6 times with all the phantoms got annoying. At least each visit you got to do different floors. I don't like stealth portions much and this game had alot of it.

There were parts of the game I really liked though. There were alot of clever puzzles and the bosses were all fun to fight. The minigames were enjoyable and so was Take 'Em All On.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Probably Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link. I found every other Zelda game fun, and there is no reason for me not to play them again sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom