• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Title Will You Not Play Again?

This conversation came up in the SB a little earlier and i don't think there is a thread for it so here goes.

Simply put; which Zelda titles do you not want to play again and why?

For me the list is quite long but mainly I won't want to play the Oracle games again because they felt like a poor man's version of Link's Awakening and i just didn't find them enjoyable. The other would be Phantom Hourglass, i didn't like this one because of the Temple of the Ocean King and the handling of Bellum within the story, it burns me that TP Ganondorf is criticised for his introduction when Bellum's inclusion is worse in my eyes (as is Demise's but we won't get into that). On that note Skyward Sword is a game i won't revisit for another complete play through but will faff around on it for 30minutes or so to run through a region or something.

So how about you guys, which Zelda games will you not revisit and why?

Last edited:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I will probably never play Phantom Hourglass ever again. Not because I don't like it, I find it to be charming and enjoyable. I just don't own it anymore and it is very unlikely I will ever pick it up again in future. Sad really but, there it is.

I will also probably never play Legend of Zelda or Adventure of Link ever again either. Not too fond of either of them and I don't really like playing NES games much in general.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This may seem harsh! But it would have to be SS!

Dont get me wrong it's a great game but it just reminds me of how dissapointed I was when playing it....Plus SS dungeon wise really lacked in quality and quantity and I love Dungeons so I dont think I will be playing SS again

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Anything that isn't in my top 10. But most of my playthroughs occur in the top 7.

I have to say it's Majora's Mask. I played it, and beat it. I tried to get into it again, I couldn't.

Probably Four Swords Adventure...
I don't know, I haven't finished it, but I don't find it to be really enjoyable, while playing it I usually end up feeling really tired and bored...

and A Link to the Past, Zelda 2, and the legend of zelda
I don't find these games very enjoyable either, it's a relief to get past one part, only to get stuck again at the next. I just want to get through them so I can be over and done with it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Definitely not gonna try out Phantom Hourglass or Skyward sword again. I tried playing PH and passed a few temples but I didn't like that you had to move Link using the Stylus. It would have been a fine game for me to play with if I could have moved him using the pad. The same can be said for SS, I never really liked the controls. Neat games, surely, but not my style. :)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Hmm, I'll probably never play SS or ST ever again. Those games just have the worst replay value personally because I couldn't ever bring myself to play through their dungeons again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Most likely never to play Phantom Hourglass again thanks to the shoddy Temple of the Ocean King, and I'm definitely never going to play Skyward Sword again unless I buy it for my Wii U...which won't happen.

Both games are extremely unappealing from their art style (imo), both suffer from poor graphics, and I definitely hate the forced control schemes of both. To make things worse, PH has an annoying idea of a repeatable dungeon, and SS' story is just appalling to me both as a sequel and as a standalone Zelda title. :I

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I don't particularly hate any Zelda game, but if I had to choose out of the Zelda games I've played, I would say Spirit Tracks.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Well my DS has a balky R button and my GBA broke in 3, so I doubt I'll be playing TMC for a while.

I likely wont play the DS ones either, for a while at least.

I stupidly wasted $5 on AoL for 3DS, I'm never picking it up again...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am never touching my copy of Twilight Princess again. I tried replaying it a couple months ago, and I just couldn't bring myself to even get to Kakariko. The game is just so awful. It's no fun, boring, and I always find myself dreading the Twilight Realms because of how incredibly tedious they are. Not to mention, I can't stand Midna, so that makes playing the game even more of an annoyance for me. Twilight Princess is the only Zelda game I dislike. I can't even bring myself to touch the game case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom