• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Zelda Title Has The Best Name?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So I was thinking about how important titles are to the actual game and how they attract are attention as Zelda fans....

So this is a simple thread here but what Zelda title do you think has the best Title and why? It could be to do with how the title relates to the game or just you generally liking the title. Me personally as much as I hate to say it, I would say Skyward Sword. Just because I thought the title was clever, it relates to the whole sword concept as well as the sky theme plus it roles of the tongue quite nicely.

I'd say Skyward Sword just for the innuendo value, but one cannot live on innuendo alone....

I like A Link to the Past because its a link to the past and you play as Link, geddit? Its like, funny, right?

I also like Link's Awakening becuase its one of the more ambiguous titles while kind of being a spoiler... what does he do at the end? Wakes up! d'oh...

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
For some reason, Skyward Sword has a unique name that no other Zelda Game has. It's sounds clever, unique, and mysterious. It fits the game very flawlessly. Skyward had the best Zelda game name yet. I did also like Twilight Princess name, also A Link to the Past. Skyward Sword has the best one yet.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
This is too hard decision to make. The title of Majora's Mask has always had an effect on me. So that or Twilight Princess. Or Skyward Sword...yeah still too hard a decision.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Majora's Mask is the best title as far as I'm concerned; it relates to a motif that, well, is very in line with the game's theme: destruction. :)

"Majora's Mask" because I dig alliterations. I would like "Skyward Sword" for the same reason as well but I can't help but associate it with the innuendo, which makes the name sound extremely unepic for no fault of its own :(

But my favorite title is Twilight Princess because I felt like it had more meaning than other Zelda titles, which simply used the name of the game's main artifact. The whole time I thought the title referred to Zelda (in fact, Midna does jokingly call her "twilight princess" when Hyrule is under twilight), but near the end of the game you find out that Midna, your sassy companion, is actually the ruler of the twilight realm--thus, the Twilight Princess. I remember getting chills in the cutscene where Zant goes on his temper tantrum and kept addressing Midna by her formal title. I don't know how I didn't figure it out before, I feel like it was really obvious who Midna was...but I guess my stupidity allowed me to appreciate the game even more. :D
Whew I got a bit long-winded there!

Last edited:
I'd say Twilight Princess was the most intriguing title to me. Being the fairly literal person that I am, I took many of the titles at face value. AoL was about Link having an adventure. In Skyward Sword, you hold your sword up to the sky to power it up. OoT was centred around the Ocarina of Time, MM around Majora's Mask, WW around the Wind Waker, and so on. Link's Awakening, I will admit, I took to mean that Link would have some grand revelation. Turns out I wasn't exactly right :P. But I would constantly wonder to myself, "what could the title 'Twilight Princess' mean?". That is why I like TP's title the best; it made me actually sit down and think for a moment.

FOr me it is Majora's Mask. The reason is when i first heard the title i thought f the creepy theater masks. They always freaked me out.
theater-masks.jpg

Because of this i thought the game was gonna be some happy sad twist and look what happened lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom