• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda race would win in a war?(MM v.)

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
this would take place in termina.I personally believe the deku or hylains would win because there civilizations are smart with a form of government.this would probuly result in them having a good battle strategy.But who knows,Gorons or zora could win too.mabye even the picori or the shekai,leave your ideas below

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Gorons for sure. We know from Majora's Mask that Deku scrubs and Zoras area super weak to fire. Gorons have incredible defense and use the fire punch move. They are also the fastest of all races with the Goron roll. Their only foreseeable weakness is water so I guess fighting Zoras in their home turf would be difficult for them. Still, their strengths outweigh their weaknesses, so Gorons would win for sure.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Gorons. Without a doubt the strongest of all the races. In a land based fight they could easily destroy the Zora, Hylian and Deku races. They don't really have any weaknesses. In TP they are shown to be able to breath underwater or simply don't need to breath. They can survive in water indefinitely. They can also survive rolling into bombs.
Ganondorf, Dodongos and Volvagia along with falling from a great height are the only things we know of that can definitely kill Gorons.

Djinn

and Tonic
You would really think the Gorons are just totally undefeatable by any medieval level people since a group of 6-8 foot tall being made of rock just could not be hurt by anything conventional at all. But in just about every game they appear in they are cursed, trapped, defeated, or otherwise in some form of danger. And most often from monsters that you would think post almost no threat to them at all.

Stone age Lizardmen with spears, octorocks, a lone magic thief, none of these guys seem like they could survive a few minutes with gargantuan rock people that literally punch their way through mountains and eat stone. But they do almost every time.

I really don't want to say Hylians because even though they have a stable nation with the largest population spread out in the most space, because they are taken over so easily all the time. Sometimes by armies, sometimes by a lone magician. Both always manage to accomplish toppling the country within a day or two at best.

The Twili would do well until dawn turns them all back into shadows. So I'm thinking the Gerudo do the best in having the most ready magical firepower, nicest weapons for their regular mooks, and a real fortress for a home base.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Stone age Lizardmen with spears, octorocks, a lone magic thief, none of these guys seem like they could survive a few minutes with gargantuan rock people that literally punch their way through mountains and eat stone. But they do almost every time.

Ganondorf looks like the sort of guy who could take a Goron with his bare hands, he makes most gorons, with the exception of Biggoron and Darbus look quite small.
I have never heard of Lizardmen being a threat to the Gorons. It is dodongos which are the real threat. They appear to be as hard as Gorons except for on their tail.

So, this is an unnecessarily long and convoluted ramble, but worth a read, I suppose:

Termina's a good stage for this fight because you get to experience the strengths and weaknesses of each race firsthand in MM.

In terms of pure physicality, the gorons dominate-- like others have said, 6-8 feet tall edificial beings of stone tend to be pretty strong, as well as durable. They'd also be the most suited to mountainous terrain, as well as the cold, so seige wouldn't be much of an option to their enemies. However, they're not very technologically developed, and water may as well be toxic to them, as they can't swim, so any sea offensive is ruled out. Ultimately, they'd be unchallenged in the mountains and in the fields (rolling, anybody?) but would have difficulty expanding.

Of course, points go to those with a standing army-- those would be the Hylians, the Ikanians, and the Gerudo. The Gorons would also be able to mobilize pretty quickly, but not as smoothly; the Deku also seem to have soldiers, but let's be honest... Bubbles and spinning a soldier doesn't make, and there's also the whole fire issue, which Seth put pretty eloquently. They may have a marginal advantage in the swamps, due to territorial familiarity, but they'd be fighting a losing battle. On the other end of the spectrum, the zoras may have dominance in the sea, if they were militaristic-- but simply put, they aren't.

Of all the armies, the Ikanians are the fewest in number (we're not even sure if there are more then a few of them), though they do have a terrestrial advantage, as well as strong fortification. The Hylians probably have a fairly large and well organized army, or could raise one, and would very well be able to fortify and defend Clock Town, but would have trouble expanding into the mountains and swamp, as well as maintaining a hold on the fields against the Gorons.

They Hylians' main weakness would be resources. Clock Town isn't self-sufficient in the slightest-- it relies on resources coming in from the four other territories, plus the agricultural support from Milk Road. With the Gorons dominating the fields, Clock Town would be cut off from these territories and would suffer famine, disease, and technological faltering. Eventually, their military would be too weak to defend their holds.

On the contrary, the Gerudo enjoy all the same benefits of the Hylians-- fortification, organization, technological development-- not only to a greater degree, but also without suffering the downsides. The Pirates' Stronghold is practically impenetrable and their grasp on the sea would be challenged only, perhaps, by the Hylians, and then eventually by nobody when the Hylians declined. The Pirates would be situated in a strategically envious geographical position, especially with the bountiful sea to provide them with food.

Ultimately, it would come to a stalemate between the Gerudo and the Gorons, with the Gerudo unable to invade the fields or the mountains, and the Gorons unable to invade the sea or the swamps. I suppose, eventually, the Gorons, their forces less organized and more spread out throughout their larger territories, would decline due to internal disorganization, and the Gerudo would be able to more easily invade and conquer.

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
So, this is an unnecessarily long and convoluted ramble, but worth a read, I suppose:

Termina's a good stage for this fight because you get to experience the strengths and weaknesses of each race firsthand in MM.

In terms of pure physicality, the gorons dominate-- like others have said, 6-8 feet tall edificial beings of stone tend to be pretty strong, as well as durable. They'd also be the most suited to mountainous terrain, as well as the cold, so seige wouldn't be much of an option to their enemies. However, they're not very technologically developed, and water may as well be toxic to them, as they can't swim, so any sea offensive is ruled out. Ultimately, they'd be unchallenged in the mountains and in the fields (rolling, anybody?) but would have difficulty expanding.

Of course, points go to those with a standing army-- those would be the Hylians, the Ikanians, and the Gerudo. The Gorons would also be able to mobilize pretty quickly, but not as smoothly; the Deku also seem to have soldiers, but let's be honest... Bubbles and spinning a soldier doesn't make, and there's also the whole fire issue, which Seth put pretty eloquently. They may have a marginal advantage in the swamps, due to territorial familiarity, but they'd be fighting a losing battle. On the other end of the spectrum, the zoras may have dominance in the sea, if they were militaristic-- but simply put, they aren't.

Of all the armies, the Ikanians are the fewest in number (we're not even sure if there are more then a few of them), though they do have a terrestrial advantage, as well as strong fortification. The Hylians probably have a fairly large and well organized army, or could raise one, and would very well be able to fortify and defend Clock Town, but would have trouble expanding into the mountains and swamp, as well as maintaining a hold on the fields against the Gorons.

They Hylians' main weakness would be resources. Clock Town isn't self-sufficient in the slightest-- it relies on resources coming in from the four other territories, plus the agricultural support from Milk Road. With the Gorons dominating the fields, Clock Town would be cut off from these territories and would suffer famine, disease, and technological faltering. Eventually, their military would be too weak to defend their holds.

On the contrary, the Gerudo enjoy all the same benefits of the Hylians-- fortification, organization, technological development-- not only to a greater degree, but also without suffering the downsides. The Pirates' Stronghold is practically impenetrable and their grasp on the sea would be challenged only, perhaps, by the Hylians, and then eventually by nobody when the Hylians declined. The Pirates would be situated in a strategically envious geographical position, especially with the bountiful sea to provide them with food.

Ultimately, it would come to a stalemate between the Gerudo and the Gorons, with the Gerudo unable to invade the fields or the mountains, and the Gorons unable to invade the sea or the swamps. I suppose, eventually, the Gorons, their forces less organized and more spread out throughout their larger territories, would decline due to internal disorganization, and the Gerudo would be able to more easily invade and conquer.
I agree but I still think the deku have a chance due to there smarts and unique weaponry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom