• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Games Are Most Difficult to Find Where You Live?

Kazumi

chagy
Kind of an odd thread, but I thought it would be pretty interesting. I was wondering which Zelda games you have the most trouble finding and purchasing where you live. You should probably give a reason as to why you think it's difficult to find these games. Just to add more discussion.

In my area (Canada), it's actually not that hard to find Zelda games. I bought most of mine off of eBay, but I only like to buy items that are shipped from within my country because if I don't customs fees are through the roof for some reason. And I don't want to spend 20 dollars on shipping, taxes, and customs for a game that should cost me 15 dollars. So I only buy on eBay if it ships within Canada.

I bought a lot of the older games on the Virtual Console, which is nice, easy, and convenient. This includes LoZ, AoL, ALttP, OoT, and MM, and this was before I learned about emulators... I was so young and stupid. Anyway, I later bought OoT and ALttP in physical form when I got a N64 and SNES. I bought Link's Awakening DX on eBay, as well as Four Swords Adventures and Oracle of Ages. I bought Oracle of Seasons off of a friend for one dollar. Twilight Princess I got as a birthday present when I got my Wii. I bought Phantom Hourglass when I first got my DS, and then later bought Spirit Tracks when it came out.

I had a particularly hard time finding Wind Waker for the longest time. I couldn't find a copy on eBay in good condition for a decent price in The Great Time of Having Money. I was going to buy it off a friend of mine for a fairly reasonable twenty dollars (it was in good condition), but then his little brother didn't want him to sell... Jerk. Luckily, one day whilst browsing the Gamecube games at the local GameStop during lunch break at school, at the very bottom right of the shelf, with ten copies of the same generic sports game sandwiching it on either side, there was Wind Waker. Manual, case, disc, stupid non-removable and case damaging GameStop price tag and all. But I had not brought any money that day. Of course I was giddy all the rest of the school day, and as soon as I got home I forced my mom to drive me to GameStop, and I bought it. Finally.

Now, the only Zelda game that I don't have a real copy of is Minish Cap. This game is particularly hard to find on eBay within Canada and when I do find a copy in good condition at a reasonable price I have no money. All of the local retro game stores in my city (all two of them... well actually it's just two locations of the same store) never ever seem to have it in stock, and all of my friends or people I know lost it/sold it/don't have it/don't want to sell it. So I have to stick with emulators and that just isn't the same. Which is the reason why I have not completed it yet. I really have no idea why Minish Cap is so difficult to find, but it may just be my poor luck and lack of a sufficient fund of money. Also my laziness.

So anyway. I think I accounted for all of the Zelda games. What about you?

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I haven't had too much trouble finding LoZ games....I suppose I haven't come across a working LttP or OoX, but I'm sure they could be found around here with some digging.
I think the hardest to find for anyone would be the CD-i games; I've never even seen one in real life. Although they're not exactly the most sought over games, I think they would be fun to have for laughs and giggles.

None of the games have been that difficult to find. The only reason it may seem difficult for me is because I didn't start playing the series until last year. I started with Twilight Princess, which I found easily because it was at the Navy Exchange close to my house. After that I got Ocarina of Time for VC, and then the Wind Waker, which my brother ordered for me online. Majora's Mask was on VC. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were Christmas presents. The Legend of Zelda and the Adventure of Link were on VC. I got Four Swords Adventure, A Link to the Past and Four Swords for the Gameboy Advance and Minish Cap used at a Gamestop.

The only games I had any trouble finding are Link's Awakening, and the Oracles. The first couple of times I went to the closest Game Force near my house, they didn't have any of the games. After a couple of trips, I finally found Link's Awakening. After that, I was trying to get the Oracle games. However, the Game Force has now went out of business, so now I'm forced to either play them through emulation, or I'll just have to find them online.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
It is impossible to find real games here in Thailand. There are no real Pirating laws here, so any game you buy is either fake or pirated. We bought a Pokemon Emerald version here, but since it's fake, if we play the game in our DS lite, the save file will be deleted. And the consoles here are bound to be fake too, but a slight advantage we have is that we can use emulators. We have almost every game on our computer, except for the DS games (we actually own those two, our grandma bought them for us), the first game (we have the adventure of link on NES Classics), and the gamecube/wii games. Since Thailand has weak laws, stuff like emulators are okay to do, but lately I've discovered that emulators are illegal in some areas because if there's a rom of a game that's still being sold, then it's not okay to use because people can just download the game, and Nintendo doesn't get any money from it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Most of them for me were hard to get. I didn't start off with any consoles when I was young, I just had handhelds. My very first Zelda Game was the Minish Cap and that was easy to find because my mom got it for me as a gift in 2005 because I kept nagging her for it. And in 2004 I got a Gamecube and a DS but for some reason I never asked to get Wind Waker and so many other great games on Gamecube because my brother had them and I thought I could just play his. But in Christmas of 2006 I got Twilight Princess on Gamecube, and Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are of course easy to find and I own both of them.

As I got older I realized my brother isn't always going to be with me and that I want to have my own things. So I started to panic on how rare Gamecube games are right now. So my brother and I always went to Gamestop to find used old games that I missed out on. So one day he came home with the Collectors Disk and Four Swords Adventure in perfect condition with a case, artwork, and manual (I'm a collector), but of course he also got me a lot of games I missed out on so I developed a debt that continues even til this day. Wind Waker and Collectors Disk are accessible at Gamestop but in bad shape, that's why I had to keep going to Gamestop to Gamestop to find one in a like new condition. Then just last year on Christmas I got my Wii and Traded in Twilight Princess for Gamecube and felt really bad for doing so (I still Regret it) because I got a new one on the Wii, which by the way is really easy to find. That just leaves ALttP/Four Swords, Oracles, and Link's Awakening. ALttP/FS is easy to find, I see it like at every Gamestop and it's also on Amazon for 20 bucks new which I got. Oracles and Link's Awakening, hell if know. Those are like the most impossible game to find. I see them on Amazon but they're too expensive and in crappy condition. I just wish they release those games on the Virtual Console or something!!!

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
Minish cap is hard to get around here, the closet place is 17 miles away, I don't want to make my parents drive me 34 miles round trip just to get a video game. Oot and MM I got on VC, eventually I'll get all of them on VC. Looks like Four Swords Adventures could be bought in town, no Four Swords/ A Link to The Past. I have Spirit Tracks, PH is in town. I'm pretty sure the GBC games would be VERY hard to get (who knows if they even save anymore). I bought WW in town and I got TP for Christmas. The HARDEST to get would be Tingle's Rupeeland and the other Tingle games.

Beeker

Wild Card
There are a bunch of games that I wanted to find but can't seem to. I cannot find Minish Cap, Link's Awakening, or the Oracles anywhere. I've seen Wind Waker and Four Swords Adventures once or twice, but haven't found them since. In the past while, I haven't even seen Twilight Princess(the Gamecube version, the Wii one can be found anywhere). I hope I can find some of these soon. Maybe I should look in more places...

I didn't had a hard time finding the Zelda games I have. However, I noticed that there aren't any GC Zelda anywhere. I find it surprising considering I could find older Zelda games on the shelves.

All my local game pawnshops no longer take games older than the Gameboy Advance/GameCube, so all those games I have to search for on eBay. Even still, their selection of those type of games are small as well. I don't even think they have a GBA/GC Zelda game in stock. I got FSA back when it was on the market, so they were selling it new, but they don't have that or WW in stock, probably because no one wants to give it up :P.

There is one store that sells games from every era. Wii games to NES games. It's a store in a mall near me called Mario's. I wasn't interested in the store at first, but once I saw a ROB and a NES in the window, I had to look inside. They have N64 games, NES games, really it all. I'm not certain if they had OoT or MM, although they probably did; their selection is HUGE! I know they sold GBC/GB games as I remember seeing Pokemon Crystal in the case, but I don't know if they had LA/OoX in stock. I didn't really bother to check.

Either way, the older games are hardest to find for me, though there are methods of achieving them. I have the original LoZ on Virtual Console and I just emulate AoL, LA and OoX. I probably will never purchase those games, but I have methods of playing them. Due to me not taking emulated games as seriously, though, I'll probably buy AoL one day.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT WAS RELEASED BEFORE 2006 T^T

None of the Game shops within a 50-mile raidus of where I live sell games for any console older than the Wii <.< (Even in the second hand section)

I had to buy OoT, MM, LoZ, AoL, and ALttP off the Wii Shop Channel, TWW off Amazon, I got Minish Cap off a friend who found it too hard and boring, and my mum found TP in the second hand game section of Game and bought it for me when she and my dad were getting my new DS <.<

PH and ST were birthday/christmas presents

Kybyrian

Well, I'm a lucky person. About 45 minutes away from here is Evansville and a store called Van's Video and Games. They take all games and sell all games. They have everything. Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, SNES, NES, Dreamcast, Sega, all of it. I purchased my Majora's Mask copy from there as well as Mario Kart 64 on one visit. I also believe that I went there to purchase Oracle of Seasons a year or two ago.

It's really easy to find some of the other Zelda games in a place like 25 minutes away from here, too. It's just the local Gamestop, but they have just about all of the games. I saw A Link to the Past, Four Swords, the original Legend of Zelda(which I purchased) on the Gameboy advanced. They don't have Minish Cap, though. Of course none of the N64 and earlier games on their original systems, either. They have a few used Wind Wakers that you of course have to ask for since they don't put them out in the store. I suppose if I want Zelda II I can go buy a new system at Van's and the game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom