• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game Would You Erase?

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
In general: Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

A Zelda game: All the CD-I games

An official Zelda game: Zelda II

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Link's Awakening. It was all a dream.....

I never thought that game was very important because it was a dream. I would not erase the Cdi games. Do you know how many jokes there are on that game.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
For Story - Oracle Games, the concurrent placement is just too wierd, even for Zelda.
For Mechanics - Zelda 2, AoL. Sidescrolling has no place in the Zelda series. 2D games aren't that great as far as mechanics go, but sidescrolling just doesn't work.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I've never played the Oracle games, so my pick goes to Four Swords Adventures. I tried to like it, I really did -- but I couldn't bear it for more than 20 minutes. >_<;

I agree with the opening post regarding removing the Oracle games. Those games added little to the franchise although I will admit that the link feature was interesting as well as the concept of dual overworlds.

I don't know; something about those games seems off to me. The dungeons weren't particularly interesting and the bosses failed to move me. I wouldn't mind if that duo was buried by the sands of time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You have a right to believe SS ruined their images. But you know what's ironic? Your favorite is OoT, you want SS nuked off the face of the earth. Yet on your sig, SS is listed as the third in your preference list, and the banner has SS Link in it.
Yes I want SS nuked. I failed to edit my siggy, because I haven't edited it since I made it way back in forever ago. I'll change that now, thanks. Oh, and just because I hate the game doesn't mean I don't like the official artwork (I hate Zelda's artwork, btw).

I agree with the opening post regarding removing the Oracle games. Those games added little to the franchise although I will admit that the link feature was interesting as well as the concept of dual overworlds.

One word: rings.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If SS were to be nuked, the future of Zelda would be bleak.
Sakurai: *laughs*

Me and my big mouth. Well at least it was 3rd once upon a time...why else would you have had it listed that way forever ago?
It was listed that way because I played SS with the hype in mind. Then I realized what I WAS playing was a piece of almost no good. Same way with Twilight Princess; first play I was playing iwth the love of the graphics, then I realized that the game just sucks in comparison to other Zeldas. *shrug*

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Sakurai: *laughs*

How about we don't make fun of others?

Seriously, SS has a lot of great new ideas that the series needs to move forward. These could have been put in in any other game, but they weren't. If one of them had done so, that game would be the one I would be saying what I said about. It's a new foundation for the for the series that all future titles will be built off of. Even if you don't like that idea, it's what will happen, and it's what should happen.

Wind Waker is the mark of the series' downfall

No it's not. :dry:

Anyways for a series called The Legend of Zelda, I would erase any of the games that doesn't have Zelda in it which were LA and MM. Ya she was in a flashback in MM but to me it still doesn't count because it was a flashback just for Link to remember a song. Whoop de doo.

JuicieJ said:
Seriously, SS has a lot of great new ideas that the series needs to move forward. These could have been put in in any other game, but they weren't. If one of them had done so, that game would be the one I would be saying what I said about. It's a new foundation for the for the series that all future titles will be built off of. Even if you don't like that idea, it's what will happen, and it's what should happen.

I agree with you but only to an extent. Skyward Sword was revolutionary in its use of motion controls and blending its dungeons with overworld. The overworld, however, was too linear and a departure from the world you were thrust into in the NES original-one without guidance or directions. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask also progressed on the basis of multiply pathways through the dungeon and overworld. This is the direction the series needs to focus more on. Let's ditch the ornery controls and focus on what matters most-exploration.

Time to play the devil's advocate in this thread.

Slash Dart said:
Anyways for a series called The Legend of Zelda, I would erase any of the games that doesn't have Zelda in it which were LA and MM. Ya she was in a flashback in MM but to me it still doesn't count because it was a flashback just for Link to remember a song. Whoop de doo.

Both Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask maybe sidequests, however, they contribute to the story and overarching timeline in their own unique manner. Above all, both games put more emphasis on seemingly minor characters. Majora's Mask especially featured a darker story ans I interpret is an an allegory for the corrupting influence of society. It was this development that made both titles memorable to me. Sorry if this post is a bit illiterate but I'm watching the stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom