• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda game should I get for the Switch first?

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
This October I got myself a Nintendo Switch but couldn't afford a game for it but when I did in November I got Smash Bros Ultimate. I saw that there are three Zelda game options, Breath of the Wild, Link's Awakening HD, and Hyrule Warriors. I couldn't decide on which one first, I've played and owned Breath of the Wild for the Wii U but wanted to get the Switch version, I've never played the original Link's Awakening game (because my gaming childhood sucked because all I've ever had was the Nintendo 64 with only Ocarina of Time and very few other games) but am willing to try the game, Hyrule Warriors looks fun and different but not sure about parts of it.

Botw is no different on Switch and you'll have to buy all of the DLC again, but at least you get to play it handheld whenever you like.

Link's Awakening is one of the best 2D Zelda games but it isn't very long and there isn't much replay value.

Hyrule Warriors is a lot of fun and the Switch version has all of the DLC included. There is hundreds of hours of content but the gameplay never changes, you'll just be spamming the same attacks thousands of times.

If you're not one to get bored easily then HW might be the best value.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
If you have BotW on Wii U already I don't know if it's worth a rebuy since they're both so identical.

I haven't played HW. But Link's Awakening is fantastic. Can't recommend it enough.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
LA's not that hard. You can beat it in no time. I find it much easier than the original one but I played that one years ago so I don't really remember much of it.
BotW is the same as on the wiiu. Like Spirit said you have to buy the DLC again. But if you remember where to get all your stuff on the wiiu it won't be hard to get the DLC items again on the switch.
HW is an incredible fun game. It's my fav game by far. Yes it's a lot of repeat but it never gets old for me. Especially when you need to blow off steam :P I was very sceptical at first but when I played it for the first time I was hooked for life.
The choice is up to you. It depends if you want to spend hours with gaming or go for a first quick game. Then LA's your best bet

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
If you’ve already played BotW you’re not missing much on switch. That leaves you with hyrule warriors and LA

I despise Hyrule Warriors so I definitely wouldn’t recommend that. It’s too repetitive and tedious. I would however recommend LA. It’s easily the definitive way to play the game, with much more content that makes it well over worth the $60 price.

If you don’t want to spend $60 I would recommend you either get cadence if Hyrule or a Nintendo switch online membership, each about $20. CoH was a fun distraction to hold you over until the next Zelda, and NSO comes with the first 3 Zeldas along with a multitude of other games, which you can never go wrong with.

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
Botw is no different on Switch and you'll have to buy all of the DLC again, but at least you get to play it handheld whenever you like.

Link's Awakening is one of the best 2D Zelda games but it isn't very long and there isn't much replay value.

Hyrule Warriors is a lot of fun and the Switch version has all of the DLC included. There is hundreds of hours of content but the gameplay never changes, you'll just be spamming the same attacks thousands of times.

If you're not one to get bored easily then HW might be the best value.
I never bought the DLC on the Wii U version. I was gonna do it on the Switch.

D

Deleted member 83535

Hope I'm not too late but, are you not even considering Cadence of Hyrule? It's amazing and fresh too.
If you enjoy 2D style Zelda, you got the choice between that and Link's Awakening. Biggest difference between those is the price.
You already know Breath of the Wild, so if you really want another go through it and then DLC you can't really go wrong.
Hyrule Warriors is hit or miss. It has tons of replay value, but it can also become repetitive. The game play is a bit mindless, just run around and button mash. I have fun with it, but at the end I can't justify sinking hundreds of hours trying to unlock everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom