• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda game has your favorite soundtrack and why?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Throughout the Zelda series, each soundtrack has had a unique sound from game to game. From the more Celtic sounds of WW's soundtrack to the minimalistic vibe of BotW's soundtrack, each game has had music that suited the world, story, and characters very well. Over time, as I've listened to the various soundtracks for the Zelda series, I've found myself preferring either WW's or SS's soundtrack over the others. I like the distinct sound WW has in its songs (Great Sea theme, Dragon Roost Island, and Molgera really stand out) and SS's full orchestra is incredibly beautiful.

So, which Zelda game has your favorite soundtrack and why?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
While it could be the nostalgia I really enjoy the N64 era music. Through Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask I feel they do an excellent job at setting the appropriate mood for any given situation.
Ocarina of Time's first music track you hear in game is Ganondorf's theme during Link's nightmare. This tells you big bad is here and this world is already in trouble but quickly the music changes to the great deku tree theme as he's calling for Navi to give exposition. The music with the monologue further solidifies the seriousness that is upon Hyrule, but then that quickly changes as Navi goes to find Link to a more whimsical but still somewhat serious tune. As Navi arrives and Link wakes up, the music takes a lighter feeling with the "House" theme and later Kokiri Forest theme. This music I feel is representing Link's perspective. To him it's just another day, but he did get a fairy and the deku tree wishes to see him so he's excited as reflective of the happy beat of Kokiri's music. There's so much more but I'd need to write a whole wall just to get all the ideas out. So I'll just say the N64 games certainly do well setting mood.

Wind Waker for sure.

I love how vibrant and full of life WW's soundtrack is. It's like the shift in style and tone renewed the sound and let it reach places of inspiration that it had never been able to before.

I'm really not good at all with talking about music but I can't think of a single track that I dislike or isn't memorable.

I have lost years of my life to The Great Sea theme and I'm still not bored of it, I'm not bored of any track from WW, they're all so good and do so well to fit the visuals and heighten the mood.

So much love :ham: :rosa: :ham:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh man.

I think The Wind Waker or Twilight Princess have the best soundtracks in the context of their respective games; ie, they are the most fitting.

But my favourite is actually the soundtrack for Majora's Mask. I don't particularly care for the reused themes from OoT, but MM does have enough unique themes to give it its own identity. The music fits the world and the apocalyptic setting so well.

Clock Town is probably my favourite track from the game. The music for each different day really reflects the mood in the city for that day. The first day is cheerful and happy, which is how many of the people in the town felt that day. It's just so lively. The second day is a bit more laid back, as people begin to realize they need to leave. The third day is incredibly frantic and gives off senses of urgency, which by now the Moon is huge and everybody knows that they're doomed and are frantically trying to flee to safety. Then you have Final Hours, which is one of Koji Kondo's best compositions. You really feel doomed and like the end of everything is upon you.

The music does an absolutely incredible job of building up the atmosphere of the game and is so fitting all around.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
This is hard....

I'll have to go with Twilight Princess. It's the first Zelda game I've ever played, so the game and music are special to me. I sometimes just go to some places to listen to their amazing music. Some of my favorites are Ilia's theme, Midna's theme, Queen Rutela's theme, Lake Hylia and Zora's domain <3

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Windwaker and majoras mask are easily the best, with LA, OoT, and ST all being good contenders.

I guess if I had to pick one I’d have to choose Windwaker just because it’s all completely original, even though I think the reused songs in MM add to the feeling of uncanny valley for lack of a better term.

WW is awsome, it connects very well with the places and the adventure but... TP is the most epic soundtrack, while most of the tracks are something like remixes of older games it take them to a whole new level of epicness. BOTW maybe has not the best overall sountrack but some of them are totally new and fresh to the saga, the champions' themes are amazing and have the personality of the characters in them.

So it goes like this for me:
-WW is best for background music while working.
-TP is very good for something epic.
-BOTW has the more new ones to the saga and the Orchestated champion's ballad is my favorite piece of all the saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom