• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game Had the Best Sidequests?

Which Zelda game had the best sidequests?

• Ocarina Of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask

• Wind Waker

• Twilight Princess

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
As the title states which game did you guys think had the best sidequests. For me, not counting MM(cause that's no fun) it would have to be SS

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I do believe Majora's Mask had the best sidequests. Ignoring the fact that the game IS a sidequest (personal story of the Hero of Time which has no significance on the timeline), it's safe to say that MM's sidequests have the most depth and the most emotion seething through. I mean, one wouldn't think that helping a farm girl would give much emotion, but in that one sidequest the player receives so much backstory, much story enrichment, much...everything that allows the player to deepen their appreciation for the quests. I mean, just stare at this video:

[video=youtube;cGyHJqrXcSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyHJqrXcSo[/video]

Oh, oh! Besides the story enrichment, the actual rewards for doing these sidequests (the tons of masks whose abilities vary greatly) are exponentially better than any other Zelda game...like ever.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Definitely Majora's Mask, since they actually had a good reason to put them all in this time. I do like the side quests in Wind Waker, but Majora's Mask had the best ones, even if the whole "waiting until a certain time" thing was pretty annoying.

for me its Twilight Princess every time, in fact TP is the only Zelda game where i have fond memories of the sidequests, they felt very varied and were a lot of fun, from getting the hot water to the tired goron to finding the cats in the hidden village it was all a lot of fun, much better than constant fetch quests, more like this please Nintendo.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Thing about Majoras Masks sidequests is they all relate to each other, especially the Marriage one with Anju, Doing certain quests removes events from that one, and while they don't effect each other, the ranch one and the Anju one both mention each other. The quests are like thread and they are all combined to make a nice web.

I didn't like Wind Wakers trade flowers thing but it gave good reward as did the one with the teacher, and lighting the light house isn't so bad if the fire arrow would actually get in the horn thing the first try.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I'd have to say Majora's Mask. Now, it's hard for me to say something original, because everythings been said, but I'll try. I personally don't think a sidequest is meant to make you feel for the game; it's more or less just extra content. Majora's Mask, on the other hand, actually did make you fell for the characters in the game, and actually made even stupid fetch quests fun and sometimes emotional.....or, it did for me anyways.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Majora's Mask, no competition.

MM's sidequests made up a huge portion of the actual game content, and you were rewarded differently for each on (granted most of them were masks, but masks with different abilities)

Plus these sidequests had depth and revealed the true character of certain NPCs

maybe I shouldn't have counted MM as part of this. Its sort of boring and the whole thread is basically MM /thread

Keeseman

Smash is Life
The Anju and Kafei sidequest was great. Best sidequest by far. And then there were so many other awesome ones, like for the Razor Sword, and getting all the fairies to get items like the Great Fairy's Sword. Also, doing everything for the Fierce Deity's Mask was very rewarding.

maybe I shouldn't have counted MM as part of this. Its sort of boring and the whole thread is basically MM /thread

If you wanted to know people's opinions, why wouldn't you put this one on? Just because you didn't like MM (shockingly) doesn't mean that the rest of us can't. And besides, others have said different games. Spirit said TP, and others like WW and SS were mentioned.

MM is likely best known for its great sidequests among the Zelda games, along with its time-based gameplay. Most Zelda would generally agree that MM had the best sidequests. Maybe not everyone, like yourself, but most. That's why MM should have been included.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
As tons of people have already said I'm going to have to follow the trend: Majora's Mask definitely holds the title of the game with the best sidequests with a plethora of different quests you could do given your state in the game. Considering you earn so many more heart containers overall from doing quests is the first signpost that the game has tons of little things to do when you're bored of the main story. This allows you to take a break from boring areas and get some items to bash up the baddies. Most particularly I enjoyed the sidequests involving the Ranch and the Ghosts - that was just ridiculously fun. Honestly, who doesn't love Horse-back Archery through the entire night? Not to mention the sword sidequest was also particularly interesting where you had to do Goron Races! The creators really put effort into smaller things like movement mechanics of the Goron and expanded this into an entire race. Because of these diverse, interesting subplots and side-stories Majora's Mask truly holds a place in my heart as favourite Zelda game as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom