• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game Had the Best Music?

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Nintendo really goes out of their way to make good music for Zelda games. I was just wondering which Zelda game you thought had the best music.

This may be a bit biased, as MM is my favorite, but I thought its music was the best. The music really set the emotional tones. I thought that nearly almost song was amazing.

My favorites are:
Song of Healing
Stone Tower Temple
Oath to Order
Deku Palace
Clock Town Theme (any day)
Final Hours
Ikana Castle
Ikana Canyon

I was never a fan of the songs from the NES, SNES or Gameboy Zelda games. I thought most were too highpitched and annoying. :D I do however credit WW, OoT, ST and some of TP's music as also being incredible masterpieces. They were all great but just for different reasons. What are yours?

OotLord1003

Young Link
Ocarina of Time.

10 being least, and 1 being best.

10. Spirit Temple
9. Forest Temple
8. Kokiri Forest
7. Goron City
6. Zora's Domain
5. Opening the Door of Time
4. Zelda's Lullaby
3. Kakariko Village
2. Gerudo Valley
1. Ending Credits

B

Blizzard78

i hav 2 say majoras mask. im not sur wich music specifically, but it has lots of good music
pirates fortress
ikana castle
clock tower
etc.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
OoT. I still have the insane urge to cry whenever I hear the Title Theme to it. Also, the Song of Storms. Oh my god, such a wonderful melody. And, *Points to siggy* is a good one too. I like that they are still using it whenever it becomes daytime in the newer games.

i gotta go with Oot, here are my top 5.
5:ganondorf's theme
4:windmill hut a.k.a song of storms
3:gerudo valley
2:lost woods (need i say more?)
1:zelda's theme (in my opinion, the greatest video game song ever!)
somtimes, i'd just sit arond in these places just to listen to them.

The best musical score belongs to OoT IMO! Although the best music belongs in LttP.
- Title Screen
- Lost Woods
- Gerudo Valley
- Hyrule Field (5:00 minutes of music o_O The other Zeldas have such long main themes?)
- End Credits

People don't usually remember, but LttP also had some awesome themes!
- Zelda Lullaby (it almost never played, so that's why most people don't remember it)
- Dark World (My All time FAVORITE!)
- Death Mountain

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Aye, aLttP has the best music without a doubt, IMO. Although WW came close.
-Lost Woods
-Dark World
-Light World Dungeon
-Boss Battle
-Hidden Mountain and Forest
-Zelda's Lullaby (I get disgusted at the people who think this song first appeared in OoT)
-Ganon's theme (See above)
-Kakariko Village theme (See above)
-Ganon Battle theme
-The Ending and Credits music
-and my favorite is the music that plays during the opening cinematic

Those are my favorites from aLttP.

Kybyrian

I'm not going to list the music that I liked the most in the game, but I believe that Ocarina of Time had the best music, followed by A Link to the Past.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Yeah OoT did have amazing music too. I had a hard time deciding between OoT, WW and MM. I already listed my favorite MM's but didn't order them. Here are my top 5 from each:
MM:
1. Song of Healing
2. Stone Tower Temple
3. Oath to Order
4. Clock Town
5. Deku Palace

WW:
1. Legendary Hero
2. Dragon Roost Island
3. Molgera Battle Theme
4. Forest Haven
5. Windfall Island

OoT:
1. Gerudo Valley
2. Spirit Temple
3. Zelda Lullaby
4. Opening
5. Zora's Domain

I also really loved Hidden Village, Midna's Lament and Queen Rutella's Theme from TP. I also am not too far in ST but so far the music has been great and I really love the overworld theme and the pan flute version of Zelda's Lullaby.

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
I'm going to have to say Wind Waker. Kondo captured the spirit of the ocean perfectly. Dragon Roost may be the best Zelda song ever. And the opening/staff credits is mesmerizing.

After WW, I think MM barely edges out OoT, but only because many of OoT's best songs are in MM already (except for Gerudo Valley, which also competes for best Zelda song). But MM's themes paint the chaotic and tragic nature of the game very well. The Song of Healing and Final Hours, in particular, are noteworthy.

Twilight Princess had its good moments, but not too much stood out. The Hero theme introduced in this game had a very epic feel to it, especially in the new Hyrule Field composition, but there aren't many other highlights.

From the 2D games, I would have to say Link's Awakening by a mile. Even with very poor sound quality, the themes produced in LA can still stand up to all of the Zelda tunes today. Ballad of the Wind Fish never fails to stir our emotions. Tal Tal Heights still remains as the most epic rendition of the original Overworld theme.

I think my favorite is a tie between Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker. I own both soundtracks and they are great.

Ocarina of Time had the Hyrule Field theme which is still one of my favorite Zelda songs ever. There is also the Lost Woods, Zelda's theme, Gerudo Valley, Ganon's Tower, the Ganondorf battle, and the final battle against Ganon. The Opening theme and Staff Credits were also great.

Wind Waker had the Great Sea theme, the Big Octo theme, Tetra's ship, Dragon Roost Island, Windfall Island, Outset Island, Molgera battle, Puppet Ganon battle, and the Ganon battle. The opening theme was much better in this game than OoT IMO, but the credits were better in OoT.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I would have to say Spirit Tracks. My top 5 are:

5:Byrne's Theme
4:Tower of Spirits Dungeon
3:The Sacred Duet
2:Realm Overworld
1:Final Boss Malladus Theme

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I think TP had the overall background best music but that's because it took the best musics of previous games and remade them to be better. As far as playable music and originality goes. OoT wins hands down.

I would have to say OoT and MM Have the best music imo. I don't know why but the music now really just dousen't seem to be important anymore. They just seem to calm.

My top ten (in no particular order)
1.the fire temple from OoT (original version)
2.the forest temple from OoT
3.Mni boss from MM
4.boss theme from OoT
5.clock town all days from MM
6.stone tower from MM
7.last 6 hours from MM
8.song of healing from MM (really glad that came back in TP)
9.hyrule field OoT
10. termina field MM
11(:P) kokiri forest from OoT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom