• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda game featured your favorite gimmick?

It's been forever since I played this, so I could be remembering some details incorrectly, but the map gimmick in Phantom Hourglass. I remember being able to write useful notes and draw images on your map. I thought it was super cool and made me feel more like I was actually in the world. I also remember buying a book for the game that included some secrets and also an actual sized map of the entire world. My brother and I used the real map to find new locations and stuff. I gotta find that map and hang it up somewhere because honestly even just thinking about it brings back some good memories.

Aro

My favorite gimmick is probably the masks’ power in MM and my second favorite is the 3 day cycle, my third favorite gimmick is BotW’s open world and the exploration aspect

silent lion

ReDead
Mine are the N64 ones for purely nostalgic, biased reasons. Still! The three day cycle I agree adds so much weight to the game, and a sense of melancholy. The transformation masks are cool but they were really mind blowing in their original context. As a child I was fascinated with the different races and cultures in OoT and, considering this was a lower tech era before WoW, the idea that you could actually be a goron or a deku or a zora was ridiculously cool.

OoT's playable ocarina was a nice diversion once you figured out how to do in between notes. Other notables would be the feeling of freedom in WW's sailing and navigation, and the mounted combat in TP. Actually the whole combat system in that game.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
As most other here have already said, the 3-day cycle. I don't think I can add anything about it that hasn't already been said in this thread already, so I won't.

But I'll say that I also like the shrinking mechanic from MC ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom