• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game Do You Want to See a Remake Of?

Ideal Zelda Remake?

• Majora's Mask for 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past in 3D

• The Minish Cap in 3D

• Legend of Zelda in 3D

• Oracle/LA in 3D

• Any of the classics in 2D with FSA Graphics

• Any of the classics with PH/ST Graphics

• Other

• Total voters
I personally think Minish Cap is too recent to be remade, but I'd be lying if I didn't want Wind Waker on a portable. After all, Miyamoto did want to change up some things (like the Triforce search), and if they added new islands (maybe add the Gorons) it'd be pretty cool, especially on the 3DS.

And I've always wanted to see the first Zelda remade in full 3D, but then again, it would be a bit hard to do it. What I would like to see would be a better story, towns, cities, a castle or two... In the end it wouldn't really be the first Zelda anymore, just a completely new game.

Oh and I don't really wanna see the ST/PH graphics make a reappearance. They were good for the DS, but yeah.

Besides, there's a big widescreen on the top of the 3DS, but the bottom one is the same as before, so a touch screen controlled Zelda seems a bit unlikely.

Q

quordlepleen

I want to see the original Legend of Zelda remade. I'd like this for two main reasons, first to see how they would make it look, and second so that they might give it more story and possibly make it so you can actually figure out what your supposed to do without just wandering around aimlessly on your first run of the game

I think the Oracle games would make good remakes. If not, they should make another entirely different game in their style. (maybe with some returning characters)

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
I want to see a remake of ALttP because I like the game very much and I think a revival of it would strengthen the series.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I vote a full TP-style 3D remake of Link's Awakening. For a deep storyline, this game was WAY ahead of its time. That would make it that much better.
Don't touch my Link's Awakening. The Twilight Princess graphics are completely adverse to the style of Link's Awakening; Link's Awakening was entirely about feeling surreal and whimsical, while Twilight Princess' graphics focus on a dreary and more foreboding look. In terms of style, in story line and in art style, TP are LA are at opposite ends of the spectrum. They're entirely different games, and I think a combination of those two styles wouldn't do justice to either game.

I've stated this before, but I'm a traditionalist; I don't like having old games tampered with. Games don't need shiny new graphics to demonstrate how they're beautiful as an art form; aesthetics are only a very small portion of art. What they were originally is no different from how they are today. I'm vehemently opposed to remakes as a whole, because they're unnecessary. Here's a good bit of a discussion I had a long time ago (and you can see a little more of it in my Signature in that quotation from Hanyou):

DuckNoises said:
Great games are great, no matter when you play them. Something that every gamer should do is think retrospectively and appreciate what results have come from the past's innovations and see how they were built upon. The same can also be said for the opposite; every gamer should also look into new games and see spots where things weren't built upon when they clearly should have been. A great game transcends time, and what a great game is made of can be very different things for different people. Nonetheless, there are universal gems, and people can spot them and see their brilliance regardless of how old they are. The same can be said of any person, place, or thing. An understanding of the past provides an uncanny understanding of the present, and that is something that should be embraced.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
They should make the sequel, which is LoZ MM. It should be made on the 3DS. Since OoT is going to be made, so should the MM. And I also would a remake of ALTTP, LoZ, and MC. Love those games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom