• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game Did You Struggle With Most?

MW7

I could interpret struggle a lot of different ways. Zelda 2 is the hardest Zelda game, but I was stuck in Link's Awakening for almost a decade when I was a kid. I had to look up what to do in an issue of Nintendo Power that I found in a library. I had no idea that the magic powder was used to light torches which is one of the first rooms of the second dungeon. I believe the only other time I was stuck for more than a day or so in any other Zelda game was in Oracle of Ages. I think I have to say Link's Awakening is my biggest overall struggle, but if I had internet access to look up one small detail, it would have not been bad at all.

A Link to the Past I kept getting lost and didn't know where to go. My friend borrowed my game and she was the one who helped me get further in the game. I got all the way up to the Ganon and I never beat him.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the NES games are easy pickings so I'll mention something else

just in terms of time, I was stuck on twilight princess for months b/c of a few sections in the city in the sky, as well as other early areas like the lakebed temple, snowpeak ruins, and so on

Gorozoron

wild ride
I wasn't able to beat MM for years because I'd always get right near the end of Stone Tower and be unable to figure out what to do
It took me literal years to find out I could hookshot onto a box to get to the boss room

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I'm gonna default to my answer of Twilight Princess for the lone fact it was my first 3D Zelda game and it was on Wii where there was no free camera for me to really comfortably adjust to that added dimension. I always suffered blindspots and I was stuck on the Goron Mines for a year or so just because I couldn't SEE where I was supposed to go.
damn, all these years it never occured to me that you wouldn't have full camera control in the wii version
or dare I say...the GIMPED version

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
Definitely Zelda 1 and Zelda 2. :(
I only played a bit of Zelda I and Zelda II, and it was years ago, but I had a lot of trouble with both of them. For Zelda I, just finding my way around Hyrule without getting lost was difficult due to the lack of maps or landmarks. For Zelda 2, the side scrolling point of view, and the game's difficulty put me off.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Definitely Zelda 1 and Zelda 2. :(
I only played a bit of Zelda I and Zelda II, and it was years ago, but I had a lot of trouble with both of them. For Zelda I, just finding my way around Hyrule without getting lost was difficult due to the lack of maps or landmarks. For Zelda 2, the side scrolling point of view, and the game's difficulty put me off.
Ikr! I feel the same about those two games

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My first answer would have to be Hyrule Warriors. I'm not one to ever give up on video games, even if I've died a thousand times. But Hyrule Warriors just was way too hard and stressful, which basically just leeched the fun out of it. It's the only Zelda game I've just up and quit on, because I was starting to dread playing it and couldn't get past like the fourth level. It's not that I have a problem with musou style games, aoc was mega fun, I just struggled with this one.

Now as of an "actual official" Zelda game, Skyward Sword. I'm not sure I would've beaten it if not for the fact that quarantine had just started and I was bored out of my brains. The need to directionally slash made fighting enemies 10 times harder than was strictly necessary, and the bosses were incredibly difficult. I had trouble reaching almost every location due to the treacherous dungeon-like outdoors. Just getting through all of that was difficult, and google basically dragged me through the experience. I also struggled with SS because it was emotionally draining. Some parts, especially with the repeat bosses, were frustrating to no end. and I'm ashamed to admit it, but the silent realms stressed me out so bad I actually cried Basically I struggled my way through that game, but it was still fun and I'm pleased to have beaten it. I don't even intend upon playing it again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom