• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Game Could Be a Movie?

H

HeroofHyrule27

I personally would not like a LoZ movie for many many reasons, but i wonder, if they were to do so.... Which game would they use?
I think either A Link To The Past Or Ocarina of Time. Tell me what you think :)

I also think i would enjoy it more in some animated or CG form. That way they can get away with links lack of speech ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Ocarina of Time would difently be a good one for a movie, in addition to how it is the most well-known Zelda game out there. As far as the games I've played, Twilight Princess has potential, but it may be too long and anticlimatic for a movie setting (especially with the whole Zant let down.). Majora's Mask would also make good for a good movie as there are so many deep, rich characterizations in the games as well as the doom of inevitable destruction. The theme of friendship, forgiveness and learning to live without regrets, are also present.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I think without a doubt Skyward Sword. They put a lot of focus into the theatrics of the game as it is so making it a movie would be a sinch. There's alot of character development in this game, moreso i think than other games. I would even think during the game that this game could easily be a movie.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Ocarina of Time would make the best candidate for a live action/CGI theatrical movie, I think. As mentioned, it's the best known and loved game of the series, plus it has a rather nice simple story.

I think Twilight Princess could work as a high-quality anime or anime-style series. I could see it's story running for 13-26 half-hour episodes.

Truth be told, I'm not sure any of the Zelda games would be done very well as films... there's just so much to them that is specific to *games.* The experience of games is different than that of films... it's a case of running the risk of "The book was awesome but the movie was crap." Videogame-based films tend to do this even worse than book-based films.

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
That's a very good question. Personally, I would have to say Majora's Mask, because it's so unique. It's not your typical, (and I do NOT mean to be bashing on the series), "Boy-saves-princess" Or "Boy-saves-world" Kind of game. It IS however, a "Boy-saves-world-in-3-DAYS" game. I think the storyline would be interesting, going through the different stages of Deku, Goron, and Zora... HOWEVER, it would be a long movie, considering the fact that he would need ALL 20 masks to acquire the Fierce Deity Mask... I do think that it would be easier to base it off the Manga of MM, (which I have just finished! ^^), because it gets down all of the REALLY important things, but it's too different from the game.
That's just my opinion for MM. I also think that Twilight Princess would be a good one, because there's a lot more drama and conflict in the game, (i.e, Ilia being kidnapped, then Zelda and her quest to save Hyrule, then Midna getting sick, then Zelda again...), which would give the movie a bit more darkness. Those are just my thoughts...

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
First, I hate the very idea of a Zelda film.

However, I think TP or ALttP might make a decent one. But the dungeon exploration and quests would make it wither boring, or way too long.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Either SS, TP, or MM. All three of these games had a very cinematic feel. All three, if executed correctly, would make a good movie.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I think OoT would be fantastic in terms of which world I want to see, but i think SS would make the best movie due to the great story elements. And you want to make the dungeons realistic, and not too many(otherwise it'd be boring), so SS would probably be best in terms of number, but if they only put like 5 or 6 in a movie they would need Forest, Fire, Water, Shadow, Sand and Ice/Sky.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think it would have to be OOT as it is the most popular game and probably the best setting for a film. It introduces the series villain also which is good for sequels.

I also think i would enjoy it more in some animated or CG form. That way they can get away with links lack of speech
I don't think they could ever get away with links lack of speech in an animation or a live action film, it just would not work.Nobody would enjoy that but the most obsessed fan boys and fan girls and I mean those in the borderline pathological stage, because it would be uninteresting to watch a silent guy running around killing and not being able to interact with people. I'm sure nobody else would enjoy that, plus the fact that link does actually speak so that would never be necessary, he just does not have textboxes. In SS you pick his dialogue and in WW you hear him say ''come on''.

I think Twilight Princess is the most theatric of the Zelda games. It also has the most realistic graphics, so if the movie were to be live-action, Twilight Princess would be a good candidate. Although, it would have to be separated into multiple parts, because there would just be way too much of the game cut out to be made into one movie. I think there'd have to be at least three movies, if not four or five, depending on how much of the dungeons remains in the movies.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't really like the whole idea of anyone making a movie based on the series, but if they actually did. I think the best story line to go off of would be Ocarina of Time.

P

Pheal

If it was done right(implied), I would love to see a WW movie in cell-shaded animation. It'd be cute.

I would prefer an original Legend of Zelda movie rather than an adaption of a Zelda game because it would give more room to the developers to come up with a story that would suit a Zelda. Either that or they make an animated series like the original cartoon except better. If I have to choose, then it would OoT seperated into a trilogy like Lord of the Rings as it is the most well-known story of the Legend of the Zelda. I would like to see a Wind Waker animated series.

Z

ZeldaLover1

^ ^ This

I agree, totally Skyward Sword.

I think without a doubt Skyward Sword. They put a lot of focus into the theatrics of the game as it is so making it a movie would be a sinch. There's alot of character development in this game, moreso i think than other games. I would even think during the game that this game could easily be a movie.

^ ^ This

I totally agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom