• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda Enemy Would You Most Like to See in HD?

Some enemies would really lend themselves to the intricate detail of HD. Considering that the Wii U supports HD, it's likely the next Zelda game for it will feature a more realistic graphical scheme that draws out such details.

My main point is enemies seen in realistic or semi-realistic HD (realistic being Skyrim and semi-realistic being Final Fantasy XIII, the latter of which I think would work better). While HD can obviously be used for graphics like those in The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, it usually doesn't provide for details like individual hairs and creases. I'm not advocating any one style here; this is merely food for thought.

In particular, I'd like to see enemies such as the ReDead, Like Like, Darknut, Lizalfos, and Eyegore. (Actually, I want to see an Eyegore again regardless.) ReDeads could be taken to an all-new level of scariness in HD, though they'd have to watch that it doesn't up the rating and potentially close the game off to a younger audience. Like Likes haven't been seen on a 3D console game in ages, and HD would make them all the more disgusting with their maggoty oozing and pulsating. Darknuts have always been intimidating, and their armor and weaponry begs for higher detail. Lizalfos are humanoid fire-breathing lizards; what more can I say? I shouldn't have to say too much on Eyegores, either, especially the ones in Majora's Mask that shot laser beams. Imagine that in HD. My spine is tingling.

So what enemies are you most looking forward to seeing in HD? Lots of Zelda enemies would look good, as the approach simply hasn't been done before in Zelda. What do you think?

I'd like to see Wolfos and Iron Knuckles in HD. Imagine the hair texture visible on the former enshrouding its fearsome fangs. I've always found Wolfos' eyes eerily haunting as well and this would be magnified with high resolution images. I'm inherently biased towards Iron Knuckes for I deem Darknuts to be plainer heavy enemies but the sight of seeing that large axe swing in HD is to die for. It's been awhile since we've seen the foe as well, making it a welcome change in pace.

Quite true on all accounts, A Link in Time. I have to admit that narrowly dodging that huge axe in 3D (and how Iron Knuckles haven't been seen since Majora's Mask 12 years ago) would be pretty epic stuff in HD. Wolfos would also make sense, given their hair and glowing eyes.

In all honesty, while I appreciate the art styles of The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword, I really want the first Wii U Zelda game to be semi-realistic (a la Final Fantasy XIII) so we can see what Hyrule truly looks like rather than artful interpretations of it. Twilight Princess was a step in that direction, but dull colors and obvious lack of HD held it back. I felt the Zelda Wii U tech demo's graphics were almost perfect in their uses of color and lighting, so with perhaps a few more tweaks to fine-tune them, those graphics could easily represent the ideal HD Zelda experience.

I'd like to see all the scary ones, I'd really like an HD Zelda with a strong horror element and this could really be portrayed well with the inclusion of enemies alone. So I'd like to see the likes of Re-Deads, Like-Likes, Wall and Floor-Masters, Dead Hands and Gibdos. They'd all be suitably creepy and wonderful. Thats if the choses art style for an HD Zelda doesn't have a style that re-designs most enemies as being freaky/scary looking things.

Majora's Mask scared the bejeezes out of me when I was younger. You enter the Woodfall Temple, and it's all dark with this creepy chanting music going on in the background. I certainly don't think it was intended as a scary game, but the horror element sure as heck worked there.

I'm all for another Zelda game that wracks the nerves, although I am hesitant about, say, a Resident Zelda that focuses completely on it, mainly because of how it might close the doors to a younger audience. Even so, can you imagine the Dead Hand in HD? So many things in Zelda would look incredible in HD, and you're definitely right about the details of the scarier enemies, Spirit of Rutela.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Stalfos, Redead, and Poes. And, see if they can make the gaurds look a little less wimpy.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I'd like to see Lizalfos, Iron Knuckle and Stalfos. I think a Lizalfos would look REALLY cool. Just a giant veiny lizard running at you with drool slobbering from is mouth.. Uhh I got a little bit to pumped up there :P I also really want to see an Iron Knuckle return in general because I miss them from OoT and MM. Seeing an Iron Knuckle in HD though would be a great treat.

I think everyone should agree that we need to see a Stalfos in HD because they've been in pretty much every Zelda game to date and it's a given that their in HD Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom