• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Which would you rather not run into in the wild, a Lynel or this beast?

I post this because they share a slightly similar motif. The Fiends and Chorts of Witcher 3 reminding a lot of the scary encounters of Lynels in BOTW.

Lynels are definitely smarter and more cunning. I remember one encounter I had just trying to observe one from a cliff above it and the damned thing spotted me up there and despite my being sly and trying to hide out of sight it still managed to bombard me with lightning arrows and kill me.

And the first time I knew I had to be in one's area, in the Zora domain going after those first lightning arrows, I had some really sweaty palms.

of course they also have a very dark and beastly design compared to a lot of the enemies in BOTW and their sheer meanness is something also that is quite intimidating and frightening, but I think the Witcher's chorts and fiends have them beat in that existential fear department because they come off so demonic and the more realistic setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom