• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Would You Choose Not to Play?

If you were to replay all of the Zelda games, but were forced to skip one, which would you skip and why?

Basically that's a fancy way of saying which Zelda game is your least favorite and why? As we know, all are good and have their strong suits, but we all prefer some more than others. I'm just curious which titles you guys enjoyed the least, and why this is so?

So, thoughts anyone?

BTW, I was forced to choose a prefix, this thread is not directed towards the modern titles.

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I guess it would be the cdi games! lol I know that doesn't count.. ummmm...I guess Phantom Hourglass, I don't hate it whatsoever but the Main temple you play through so many times is the less intriguing part to me. But thats my own opinion. I loved the game though! lol

G

garomaster

If I had to skip any single Zelda game it would probably be The Wind Waker. I know alot of people hate this game because of its art style, but that is actually one of the reasons why I like it, I just find the Great Sea to be very boring and tedious to travel (until you are able to travel by tycoon), I also found the dungeons and the main town to be very forgetable.

MW7

I think I would be open to replaying most all of them again, but I definitely would prefer to replay some more than others. I think I may never "replay" Twilight Princess ever again from start to finish because I just recently created game saves at each of the dungeons so that I could replay the parts of the game I liked again (which were the dungeons). I genuinely despise the tears of light quests and doubt I will ever miss them. I certainly will play some of the dungeons again though thanks to my game saves.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would skip Twilight Princess. It's my least favorite, as well as the easiest Zelda game I've ever played. If I were to replay each Zelda game I would make it into a personal challenge. But since it's required to leave one game out of the equation, I would leave out the easiest. This just happens to be Twilight Princess. That's what I'd do.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I would skip Four Swords or Phantom Hourglass because those are my two least favorite Zelda games.

rettam

I accidentally the...
I would probably skip Four Swords... I do NOT want to go through the Hero's Trial again. Once was more than enough...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The NES titles (of those I've played) will be excluded, since I know that I'd pick them by default.

So...out of the 3D titles I would definitely go for Wind Waker. The constant necessity to travel by sea reduced the enjoyment I'd typically have for any title, because I love being able to explore immense fields, seeking out coverts hidden within the rocks, such as in Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time. Treasure hunting didn't really give me an incentive to explore the Great Sea; I'd typically sail right over the chest, try and go back, flog again, rinse and repeat. Sailing just isn't for me, so I'd opt out on WW.

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
If you know me, you know what I'm going to say.

I'd skip Zelda 2. If I ever put myself through that much frustration again, my head might explode.

I would skip Ocarina. I love the game, it is one of my favorite of all time, but it is such a daunting task that I never want to restart it. There's just too much crap to do.

I would probably skip Four Swords... I do NOT want to go through the Hero's Trial again. Once was more than enough...

Oh my god. I know your pain. I know.

I would probably skip the Wind Waker. I liked the boss battles in the game, but everything else in the game was simply booring for my taste. Traveling the sea and changing wind direction all the time was really lame and time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom