• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which would work better?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are known for being total opposites when it comes to artstyle. One is a brightly colored, cartoony look, while the other is a more realistic, down-to-earth look. But what of they swapped styles? Imagine KoRL, a bit sunbleached and with some nicks and scars. Imagine the Rito with detail in their feathers. Imagine Tetra's pirates, but as...actual pirates. And on the other side of this coin: imagine Toon Link starting out from Ordon Village. Imagine Midna in the cartoony art style. Imagine Toon Wolf Link uwu that sounds adorable.
....You get the idea. Which would carry the art style of the other better?

I personally think WW in a more realistic style would be pretty neat.

Last edited:

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Imagine Toon Wolf Link uwu that sounds adorable.

1612657441789.png

Twilight Princess in Wind Waker style would be really cool. (playing as chibi wolf Link would be the best thing ever uwu <3 <3)

As much as that would be nice, I think Twilight Princess is good with a realistic style though. It's supposed to be a darker game, and traveling around as an adorable chibi wolf with cute Midna riding on his back doesn't really work with the plot and the overall atmosphere. I don't even know how Nintendo would be able to make Zant look threatening if he were chibi or how they would design Zant's Shadow Beasts in a chibi style. The concept is really cool and chibi wolf link is best boi, but I think Nintendo made TP great the way it is.

One of the best aspects of Wind Waker is how it seems all cute and cuddly at first, but as you progress thought out the game it you can see some hidden darker things. Such as the ruins of Kokiri Forest. I love that idea that Nintendo came up with. The truth is, if WW was realistic and had darker tones of color, those hidden dark secrets wouldn't make as much impact as they would in a toony kind of game.

Of course, I would love to see some fanart of Link from WW in a realistic style, but the game is fine as it is. I think Nintendo made both games have a great art style and I wouldn't change it.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not personally a huge fan of the Twilight Princess style so I am pretty bias against it but I don't see such a swap really working well at all.

If I had to choose which one would be the least weird with the styles switches I guess Twilight Princess with Wind Walker style would be better than the reverse, but I just don't see the switch making much sense in either direction.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
It is settled.

We must MOD The Wind Waker to have realistic graphics and Twilight Princess to have cartoony-cell-shaded graphics !!!!

RamboBambiBambo

Twilight Princess was originally just a sequel to The Wind Waker in early development if I remember right, so they were using cel-shading. But then when TWW caught backlash for its art style they switched to a "realistic" graphic style. TP could probably look interesting cel-shaded.
And you know what makes that kinda funny?

Twilight Princess was going to get a sequel. There was a team on the job and EVERYTHING.
But Shigeru Miyamoto said that the sequel could only happen IF they made use of the Wii Zapper.
Thus the story was scrapped and then the game was cut down so much that we instead got Link's Crossbow Training.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
And you know what makes that kinda funny?

Twilight Princess was going to get a sequel. There was a team on the job and EVERYTHING.
But Shigeru Miyamoto said that the sequel could only happen IF they made use of the Wii Zapper.
Thus the story was scrapped and then the game was cut down so much that we instead got Link's Crossbow Training.
I heard about this, lol. Sounds tragic, so much potential wasted.

RamboBambiBambo

All the cartoonish characters having realistic skin and hair textures, while in Twilight Princess the cell shading would drastically improve like 3/4 of the game population.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Twilight Princess was originally just a sequel to The Wind Waker in early development if I remember right, so they were using cel-shading. But then when TWW caught backlash for its art style they switched to a "realistic" graphic style. TP could probably look interesting cel-shaded.
I imagine it'd look something like BotW

RamboBambiBambo

I imagine it'd look something like BotW
Granted yes.

But what if we just literally swapped the art styles of TP and WW and not just how shading and texturing is done?

EDIT :

Like just look at these?
a78d583ef5a5ba8bb29e6cdadc1f829f.jpg

17gkp2yh4n8e0jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom