• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which woman best suited Link in OOT

Who is best suited for Link in OOT

• Fish girl

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Saria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malon

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Zelda

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Recently I was chilling in the ZD discord when the subject surrounding virtual women came up(shocking).

People were talking about how Saria was really good and kind towards Link and I respectfully disagreed. When it comes to women in Zelda OOT I personally believe it comes down to two candidates, Zelda and Malon.

Here are my thoughts:

Fish girl:
I can't even remember her name but lets point out the obvious, she's a fish girl and looks ugly as hell and probably smells worse than a fish given how filthy water in general is. She's always very masculine personality wise which most men very attractive in a woman. Given that she and link are a different species these two would gel as well as a cup in a china house.

Saria:
I personally think she's the worse character in the entire game, both plot wise and design wise. She looks like a boy. Yeah you can show me fan art depicting her as more feminine but the official artwork is clear:
latest

I dislike her hair colour too, green hair looks gross as ****. It also clashes with her clothes. Looks aside Saria wouldn't work out as she's the very essence of immaturity. Ocarina of time communicates a characters essence and personality through the usage of music. The Gorons theme is immature yet it is very powerful and you can sense great honor leaking from it. The windmill man mans theme is erratic, hectic and chaotic much like the man himself. Saria's theme is very childish and immature. The Ocarina she gives Link is immature in its ability, it is the child version of the Ocarina later given to Link.

Malon:

Dresses well, has a great singing voice and fits with Link best. I can see Link being a grown farmer sitting under the stars while Malon sings. Malons theme is very enchanting, mature, slow and beautiful. Malon doesn't get out much so the rush rush life of Hyrule hasn't corrupted her essence. She is kind gentle and effeminate. I personally think she is the greatest match.

Zelda:
Zelda has it all, money, fame, power. She has no need for Link, yes Link is the key to saving the world but everyone needs Link for that. In a sense Link is a mere tool in that such light. Zelda's theme is okay but nothing really special. Spying is something that cannot work in any relationship and we all saw for ourselves that Zelda is a peeping tom. I don't think she would work well with Link in a relationship.

Anyway those were my thoughts, what about you forum dwellers? Who would best be suited for Link?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've always been Team Malon. It's my headcanon that TP Link is directly related to OoT Link, and TP Link grew up on a ranch. I also don't think Link would enjoy life in a big city (Zelda's out) or survive in Zora's Domain (sorry Ruto). As for Saria... she's physically a kid. That's gotta be weird even if her mind is more mature than most of ZD. Plus, with how bad things got in all three of those places and me being convinced that Link would have PTSD after OoT, he would not want to spend a lot of time in Castle Town or the Domain or the Forest. The farm, however, was not nearly as messed up, and judt generally seems like the calmest place in Hyrule. It's a place where he could be happy.

Reactions: Dan

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Zelda's a bit out of his league
Saria gets a bit out of his age range (No, Link! No pedo! :eek:)
Fish Girl's a bit out of his... species.

So, yeah, that pretty much leaves Malon.

Unless...
iu

iu

Nope. No.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Never thought about this that much before. Until recently, I always assumed that Link didn't really have a love interest and instead just had a platonic relationship with Zelda and Saria. Yet it would make sense for him to have romantic desires like he does in what I have seen of the manga. I'm actually kind of happy with this idea because it is a heartwarming thing in an otherwise dark timeline. Plus it makes sense too because he has blood descendants.

I choose Malon because that means that the ranching occupation would be passed on to TP Link. Malon obviously has a crush on Link, and when Talon jokingly asks Link if he wants to marry Malon, he has the option to say "yes," which doesn't happen with any other female in the game. Link also has Epona in the beginning of Majora's Mask which means that he does still befriend her in the Child timeline. And by far the most important thing is this :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: I am definitely in my teenage years right now (R.I.P my dignity).

So Link marrying Malon would not only make sense, but that would honestly be pretty great. She is quite kind and generous enough to give you a horse, cow, and song. She seems to have some degree of wealth considering that she owns a farm that even delivers milk to the royal family. Best of all... well... you know what I was going to say from the video above.
Zelda's a bit out of his league
Saria gets a bit out of his age range (No, Link! No pedo! :eek:)
Fish Girl's a bit out of his... species.

So, yeah, that pretty much leaves Malon.

Unless...
iu

iu

Nope. No.

Malon would definitely be much better than Ruto or the Great Fairy.

Malon.

OoT is the one game where I personally headcanon that Zelda is Link's sister. Her mother is never mentioned, his father is never mentioned, his mother died during the war before the game began, the ghosts say you remind them of Zelda, and Zelda thinks your name sounds familiar. All circumstantial, I know, but still.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Malon.

OoT is the one game where I personally headcanon that Zelda is Link's sister. Her mother is never mentioned, his father is never mentioned, his mother died during the war before the game began, the ghosts say you remind them of Zelda, and Zelda thinks your name sounds familiar. All circumstantial, I know, but still.

That is an interesting theory actually. Somewhere along the line, Link and Zelda would have to be related if Link and Zelda marry in any game, and that is a popular ship. I think that the only three games in which Link and Zelda become a couple are Wind Waker, the original Legend of Zelda, and Suckward Sword (as Castle accurately calls it :crylaugh:).

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Malon, she is realistically the only obtainable one for link, Link ages and Saria does not, Ruto is a fish person and so incompatible zelda is outta his league and nabooru just wanted him to crawl through a hole.

I suppose Darunia is a good fit for link he loves link in his own way

I voted Zelda, I've always felt like they've had a lot of chemistry throughout the game. When they meet, it's like sparks flew, the cutscene is dramatic, and they automatically seem to click. Link meets Sheik as an adult, although he doesn't know who this mysterious person is, he is obviously intrigued. Although Link doesn't speak, I've always sensed that Link feels/reacts like he's known this person all his life, and that he feels a sense of safety with Sheik. When Sheik reveals herself to be Zelda, he's surprised, but relieved. He's constantly on a mission to keep her safe (even if it's to ultimately defeat Ganon and safe Hyrule), he has true compassion in doing so, he's chasing after a pretty and sweet-hearted girl he met as a child. When Ganondorf captures Zelda in the pink container, Link slams on it desperate to save her, even though he knows she won't die in that moment, he's been needing to be physically close to her this whole time. After Link and Zelda escape the collapsing castle, they're both smiling, they turn to each other and it genuinely looks like they're about to kiss until Navi starts talking. When Ganondorf appears after this, Link pushes Zelda back to protect her. When the game ends, there's a touching goodbye and Zelda lays her hand onto his affectionately. After the end credits, it shows Link seeing Zelda all over again. Some may say he doesn't end up with Zelda because PTSD, but in Majora's Mask, he's searching for Navi, who would probably trigger that, so wanting to marry Zelda after all he's been through with her and all the empathy they've shared doesn't seem far-fetched. Some people believe Zelda and Link are siblings, but, if they are reincarnations/related of the other Link/Zeldas from the past games, why would Skyward Sword, the genesis, strongly insinuate Link and Zelda are in love and end up together?

Here's my reasons on why the others don't seem like a good fit to me:

- Malon: Mocks Link's clothes and finds him odd. Their personalities aren't very alike, she's very spunky and talkative, while he's very reserved and mature. Talon jokes about them getting together, but then again, girls throwing themselves at Link isn't a new thing, as a matter of fact, doing so creates a jinx affect. When Link returns to the ranch to retrieve Epona, the ranch is in a bad state where the new owner is working under Ganondorf - Link has no intention of saving Malon from this malice like he would with Zelda.

- Ruto: Well, although they were engaged for 7 years, she became a sage, so automatic void. Plus, Link's reaction to the news he was her fiance didn't look positive. And, I don't think they could reproduce.

- Saria: Saria is forever a child, that wouldn't work. Plus, she's a sage. I wouldn't find it hard to believe Link may have had a crush on her as a child though.

- Nabooru: Has a polar opposite personality, differences in culture, and Link doesn't seem to bond well with her. Like Ruto and Saria, she's a sage.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There is no chemistry between Link and Malon at all. I don't really like shipping Link but I agree with Caramel H. He did have great chemistry with Zelda. Way more than TP Link/Zelda. I don't say he hooks up with her though. I don't see any connection between TP Link and the farm he works on. So yeah, TP Link works on a farm. But I don't see anything special connected to OoT. And the Hero's shade in TP is OoT Link and he was a cursed swordsman. That doesn't mean he was a farmer. He probably ended up working at Hyrule Castle as a knight or something. Just my two cents :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom