• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Will You Get?

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
I'm curious. We all know that the 3DS looks great and seems to be the best handheld yet. but have you guys heard about NGP? It stands for Next Generation Portable and is the upcoming "psp2" it has the graphics of a ps3 and I think that it is 3D as well, it has two touchpads, one on each side, and FINALLY a handheld with dual analog sticks!!! I want to know if you only could choose one, which one, and why?

if you haven't checked out NGP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKsWSzAe5R4 it's in Japanese, but if you jump a bit into the video there will be gameplay that looks awesome.
I would personally buy the NGP, it even has 3G and Wi-Fi! the only problem is that it won't be able to use UMD discs, so I can't play my previous games for the PSP on it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I'll most likely get the 3DS, mainly because it's a new experience. I have only played a PSP once, and I didnt like it, but maybe the NGP could be better.

Still, I expect both to be quite expensive, so I could end up getting neither. :P

Hazel

A Frog
I'm more likely to get a 3DS. Why? Because it seems like it's going to be a great experience, what with the 3D stuff and all. ^^
Also, I prefer and am more familiar with the DS, whether it be lite, XL, eye... Nintendo is very good.

Lastly, I haven't even heard about the NGP before this thread. I *have* heard about the 3DS though, and I'll have to admit, I *am* exited.

Neither. The 3DS' lineup doesn't excite me, and the NGP appears to be mimicking the failure that was the PSP. The original PSP made the same mistakes as everyone else did: they gave it extreme backlighting, they made it unnecessarily huge, and they made it so fragile that if dropped it will practically shatter. The NGP appears to be making it worse by adding more fragile components (the two analog sticks that will probably break more often than the shoulder buttons on a DS) and trying to expand the graphical capabilities by a lot. They're trying to not only bring in the PS3's graphical power, but they're also trying to copy the 3DS' 3D powers. Doing that and not making the handheld very hefty is a bad idea (the NGP looks skinny enough for a fall to do considerable damage to it, but not shatter like the PSP.)
The 3DS I might get, but so far the lineup's looking kind of shallow (to me.) I don't like Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, or Professor Layton (though I enjoy Phoenix Wright so I might get their crossover.) Unless they put newer dungeons, I won't get OoT 3D. So let's see, the only games I'm legitimately hyped for are StarFox 64 3D (arcade style action that never gets old) and Metal Gear Solid (I want to get into the series.)

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
now that I think about it, I might just get the 3DS. because if there is to release new nintendo handheld games, they would most likely be for the 3ds, and we all know that 3ds games are not playable on the ds.
and i think that it will be possible to make Mii's and download channels on the 3ds, just like the wii. I recall seeing it on a Japanese trailer or something.

I'm prejudiced and would never pick up a Sony product. But also I know that I prefer Nintendo games to just about any games out there, and I'd rather play something creative, childish and fun than the latest Call of Duty.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
3DS. Why? The only games I'm interested in for any of Sony's platforms are for the Kingdom Hearts series. And I won't ask for a PSP just to play Birth by Sleep. (Although it would be an entirally different story if it was Kingdom Hearts 3...) On the other hand, Nintendo makes really awesome games. So the choice is very clear to me.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
3DS. Why? The only games I'm interested in for any of Sony's platforms are for the Kingdom Hearts series. And I won't ask for a PSP just to play Birth by Sleep. (Although it would be an entirally different story if it was Kingdom Hearts 3...) On the other hand, Nintendo makes really awesome games. So the choice is very clear to me.

At a 3DS you can play all Kingdom Hearts games that were launched on the Ds. And they will make KH 3 and Dream Drop Distance for the nintendo 3 Ds. So if you want to play kingdom hearts, you could better by a nintendo 3ds (I even heared they were going to make a collectors edition of with KH1 and 2 in it for the nintendo 3 ds (although I've actually never heared anything about that again..))

I am probably going to buy a nintendo 3ds. Not espessialy because it's in 3d, but more because of the games. Kid Icarus (Finally after 25 years! :D), a lot of Kingdom Hearts games are playable on the Nintendo 3DS. And for now, that are the games I'm probably going to buy (together it's already expensive enough)

I went and preordered my 3DS today. I'm pretty excited about it, too. Between the virtual console, backward compatibility, the new games coming (and the ones I already have for my regular DS...), and my own loyalty to Nintendo it was definitely an easy decision. Truthfully, I really wouldn't be too interested in Playstation anyway. It's probably my least favorite of the 3 main companies...

jugglaj91

I am me....
Personally I would go with, and I am going with a 3DS. I had a PSP before and I didn't care for it much. After a month or two it turned into a music and video player for me. As awesome as it was to be able to do that I wanted to be able to play games but there just wasn't too many out there for me. Sony goes all out with power and that is what I think makes it fail. The NGP will be a power house no doubt, but Nintendo makes games that I actually want to play.

As for UMD discs, yeah it sucks you won't be able to use them, but the NGP isn't going digital only. I read they will be using something similar to SD cards for games, with the option of buying them digitally.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I'm getting a 3DS. Simply because it looks like an awesome piece of hardware and more than likely I'll be playing more games on that system more so than I would on any other game system (ie: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, the Kid Icarus game coming out on there, as well as the games that will appear on the VC such as Link's Awakening).

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Link in 3D told me "Gabrielle, buy a 3DS and we'll run away to Hyrule together..." and you know what, he convinced me. Actually I've grown up with Nintendo and can't really get into Sony; I kind of want to get a PS3/PS2 for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, but the 3DS makes me excited.

I'm going to get the 3DS for one main reason: the games. There's already a great lineup that I'm excited about such as Zelda: OoT (and it's probably not going to be the only Zelda on the 3DS), Mario games, Resident Evil Revelations and the VC. I'm not exactly to fond of the the NPG as of now. There might be one game that might get me interested, which is Uncharted. I've seen a video about it and it seems like it may be trying to be like the 3DS, meaning you can swing the handheld while swinging from a vine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom