• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Will Be Your Starter?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Probs Fennekin. The grass starter looks dumb imo, so I'm doing what the Keyblade did and moving down the list.

It's tradition for me to start a new Pokémon game with a Fire type, so Fennekin will be my starter.

I may not even buy, let alone play, Pokémon X & Y, but if I had to choose I'd pick Froakie. His final evolution has an interesting dual-typing that I've been looking forward to seeing in a starter for quite a while now. Funny that I chose Froakie for that reason; I usually decide things like this based solely on appearance, and Froakie is not that great-looking. Fennekin is a second runner up, but I don't think Chespin looks bad at all.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
It kind of depends on the final evolution. So far Froakie looks the worst, but if it evolves into some kind of sick frog battle golem thing, then I'm game. Unless I'm too busy using Honedge all the time. I hope it evolves into some rad claymore or something :).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't understand why so many people dislike Chespin, but whatever. I absolutely despise Fennekin, firstly because its design is atrocious, and secondly because I never start out with Fire types. Through my own personal experience, Grass types and Water types have huge advantages against most trainers, but more specifically Gym Leaders. Hence why I lean towards Chespin more than the others... well that and it's cute... Anyways, Froakie would more than likely be my second pick, but I haven't quite decided yet. Though I strongly hate Fennekin, I do believe it has a lot of potential -- more potential than Froakie.

Fig

The Altruist
I honestly think I will go with Chespin despite people stating that he's not that good and whatnot. To me, I see a lot of potential in Chespin (Plus he reminds me a lot of Oshawott). Fennekin is too overrated and although I understand why though, but at the same time, please don't say that the other two starters are useless. Clearly there is a reason why we get to choose from the 3. Anyway, I think Froakie would be my second choice only because I see more potential in him than in Fennekin. But's just me. For sure, I'm going with Chespin. :loveeyeballs:

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I usually pick the water type, mainly for the convinience of Surf. However, if there is an awesome Water type in Gen 6, I'm going with the Fire type.

I always go with the fire starter, because fire is awesome. I might just go for Froakie, because if the rumors are true about the final evolutions being effecting against all the other starters, then Froakie would be a fighting type. And judging by my picks for the last few generations (Gen 3 Torchic, Gen 4 Chimchar, Gen 5 Tepig), I like me some fighting types.

Kirino

Tatakae
Fennekin. I generally choose fire types anyways, I love Fennekin's design, and it's sure to have an amazing final evolution. Chespin's design is generic and uninteresting, and while I really like Froakie (he's my second choice), I like Fennekin more, and feel like it's final evolution design will be better (as design is pretty much the only factor I take into consideration when picking starters).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom