• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Wii U Model Will You Be Getting?

Will you be getting the 8GB white model or the 32GB Black model? Personally, I'll try my best to get the 32GB model because of all the extra accessories such as the charging dock.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Most likely I will be heading towards the 32GB Black model for the sole purpose of more memory onboard as well as it being a sleeker design overall than the white model. I won't try to get either on launch date, though, because a price drop is inevitable (as well as I don't want to tug around hardware that won't have games for a while). I don't know what it is, maybe they poured a bunch of gloss and finish all over the black model, but it looks better than the white model in my opinion. I don't know why they don't give out color choices, though. Back in the days of the N64, we could score a gold N64 if we were lucky. But now they're limited to black and white, ha.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I will be going with the black 32GB model as well. For the amount of extras you get, it's a better deal in my opinion.

Dan

I'll be picking up the 32GB Black one, I just prefer the black models of consoles because to me they look more better looking. Not to mention it seems like good deal with the extras thrown in.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I'll be getting the deluxe, that is whenever I can find a retailer that has some in stock. Not going to get it around when it first comes out unfortunately, gonna have to wait til' Christmas time or so, can't afford it along with all these other games.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'm going for the black one, it has more space and it really looks nice. But probably most people who wants to buy the WiiU will go for the black one, so probably either of them.

Definitely the32 GB premium black model. I've had my eyes on that color since E3 2012. As other have stated, it contains a larger harddrive and flat-out looks nicer. After purchasing a white Wii, it's time to spice things up a bit. Moreover, I appreciate the bundle of Nintnedo Land in the package.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Already pre-ordered the premium bundle. Black model and more gigs equals win, Nintendo Land could go to hell for all I care.

If I decide to get one, I'll be going with the 32GB model. Just like everybody said, more memory and the bundle.

I screwed up! I figured, "hey, the WiiU's preeorders won't sell out in five days..." well I was wrong. Everywhere in my town, every store, is out of deluxe pre orders of the WiiU. Gamestop screwed me as well, I really hate that place. It is an evil company, put here to drain the cash of gamers as well as screw them over at every possible moment. I had called a couple of nights ago, right at closing time. I asked of they had any pre orders left, the man said they were out of deluxe, but had the basic. So I go the next morning, RIGHT at opening, waited for them to open the doors. I asked the girl if I could get my basic pre order, and she says "no, we can't sell any preorders anymore.." I guess suddenly they decided they were done. I don't get it. Whatever, anyways I got a basic set from the best buy nearby... Deluxe sets are all gone, basics are almost gone... WiiUs are going to be scarce, I'm assuming most places will restock and do another round of pre orders, but you never know. I read articles about Nintendo saying the WiiU was giving them problems in the mass production area, so I guess well see how it goes.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'm going to get the Premium package with Nintendoland. In the UK there is another bundle with the premium console, ZombiU and a pro controller but you don't get Nintendoland so I'm gonna get the standard Premium package and buy ZombiU and a pro pad separately.

To be honest I'm a little disappointed that the premium only comes in black. I had my heart set on white. Black has never felt 'right' to me for Nintendo consoles, including handhelds.

I couldn't give a damn how much memory is in a particular model, All I care about is getting a Wii U. However due to finance it's more likely I'll be getting the 8GB Model. Unlike previous consoles I've purchased however, I won't be getting the Wii U at launch primarly because I don't think I'll be able to afford it by then, plus there is always a chance there could be a bug of some kind that will require a patch to fix it.

Last edited:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Definitely the32 GB premium black model. I've had my eyes on that color since E3 2012. As other have stated, it contains a larger harddrive and flat-out looks nicer. After purchasing a white Wii, it's time to spice things up a bit. Moreover, I appreciate the bundle of Nintnedo Land in the package.

It doesn't have a hard drive. It uses flash memory. If you want a big hard drive, buy one with 1TB of space. They're pretty cheap.

As for what I'm getting.... Definitely the Deluxe. It's overall a better deal. Plus, I like the color black.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I do not have the slightest clue. I definitely not get the Wii U on release, so I have a while to think about it and hear feedback. I'm leaning towards the Deluxe version though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom