• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Wii U Games Do You Have?

I'm getting my Wii U tonight and I still don't know what game(s) to get. What have you played? Please tell me which you've enjoyed and which to avoid.

Thanks! :)

If you’re purchasing a deluxe set, then Nintendo Land is pack-in; if not, don’t bother with the game. The 32 GB black model is worth it though.

If grittier, horror games are your thing, I suggest ZombiU. For the tried and true classics, New Super Mario Bros. U is a most. No spoilers here but more than a connected world map and Yoshi’s return remind me of Super Mario World.

So far I have Nintendo Land, Tank! Tank! Tank! and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper. I really love Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, it's such an addicting game. Tank! Tank! Tank! is good as well, it's a very fun game especially if you play it with friends.

I have Darksiders II, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and New Super Mario Bros. U. Darksiders is pretty good if you like action-adventure games, which is obvious 'cause we're on a Zelda forum here; it's not an incredible game but it's fun to play for a while if you like adventure, combat, and dungeons. BO2 is a great shooter, so if you like shooters, get it, and if you don't, don't. NSMBU is really nothing different than any other Mario platformer can offer you; it's actually pretty disappointing, but if you like platformers, go for it. I'd go for Darksiders, though it isn't anything spectacular, and BO2 if you like shooters.

As for what I've heard but haven't played: Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition is good, but worse than its Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts because the Wii U is less powerful; ZombiU is terribly rushed with all the Wii U's features shoved together in a so-so survival horror game; Nintendo Land is a waste of time unless you have friends to play with it, and I haven't met a single person outside of this forum with any interest in the Wii U so good luck with that; Assassin's Creed III is just as good, if not a little worse than it is for the other consoles like Arkham City mentioned above. I wouldn't bother with any of these games, especially if you can get or already have Arkham City and ACIII for 360 or PS3.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Being the negative nancy I am, I'd say to avoid everything on the Wii U...but I personally have Nintendo Land as well as Call of Duty: Black Ops II. I immensely enjoy BO2; I even have it for PC but still love Wii U version more. It isn't everyone's game, of course. Nintendo Land is a bit iffy; by yourself the game probably won't be any fun - you'll need some Wiimotes alongside your gamepad (as well as humans behind the motes) in order to get some good fun for it.

I'd avoid any multiplat title other than BO2, though. They aren't well-made, and I do not know why that is.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I have Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Black Ops 2, and Batman" Arkham City. I personally loved ZombiU, and would definitely recommend for those who like scarier-type games. Call of Duty is great for casual play, as I play it online with my sister all the time. Just don't the play the campaign if your parents don't like swearing. >_>

Batman is good, but I wouldn't recommend it. Nintendo Land is pretty fun, but I dropped it after a week or so.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I would say that at the moment the library is particular weak....

Me personally I own Nintendo Land and Darksiders 2. I would say that Nintendo Land is great if you enjoy mini games and it really utilises the gamepad in some great ways, only downside I would say is that it is a lot more fun when playing with friends rather than on your own. I didn't particularly like Darksiders 2 but it is quite similar to Zelda it just acts more as an RPG rather than an Action/Adventure. I've heard good things from New Super Mario Bros 2 though so I would recommend that game if your fond of the Mario Bros games.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
All I have is Nintendo Land at the moment. Great game to start with. The solo stuff gets boring fast, though. Gather some friends and/or family and prepare for one of the most fun multiplayer experiences in a long time.

I'm sure you know what to expect of the familiar New Super Mario Bros. U, but I would also highly recommend to easy-to-pick-up and creative bliss that is Scribblenauts Unlimited.

F-Zero was only just released on the new Wii U virtual console trial and is available for 30 cents for the next several weeks. Be sure to download that before the opportunity passes.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Nintendo Land - If you have Wii Remotes and friends to come over then this game is a blast! The Luigi's ghost game is very fun with friends i highly suggest this game if you have people that want to come over and play.

New Super Mario U - Best game on the Wii U so far,if you have played and liked Super Mario World for the Snes then this game will be very fun for you and with more friends to play it gets even better.Also the Luigi DLC for it is just around the corner so thats 80+ more levels thats gonna be added to an already pretty big game,if you get any game make it this 1 i highly recommend this one.

Zombie U - This game is fun for the first few hours but can get pretty stale afterwards but id say if you can get the game at a discount it be worth your time.

Dan

I currently own Batman, and the new tekkan game, both of which were gifts. Although Linkerbelle I would like to take this time to temp you with this game again ;)
Funky-Barn-box-art.jpg

Comon Linkerbelle it's funky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom