• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fire Emblem Which was your first Fire Emblem game?

Threads relating to the Fire Emblem series.
Fire Emblem has a fair few games behind it, most havent made it to the west and those that did were often hard to find.

Awakening, however, was a world wide released with enough copies to go around (which helped save the series) and so for many Awakening was the first game people played in the Franchise.

For me, my first game was Rekka No Ken/The Burning Blade/7 (the one with Lyn/that hot assist trophy from Smash).

Rekka was a hard-ass game. Awakening was friendly and forgiving to new players but Rekka wasnt. Perma death is a very real non-negotiable threat, the game is hard as nails-but brilliant...

So, which was your first Fire Emblem?

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
My first Fire Emblem game was Awakening, because it looked interesting and me and my sister never had heard of the Fire Emblem series before. Soon after we bought Sacred stones, too and i fell love with the series

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I borrowed FE Shadow dragon from a friend but had to return it at some point. Perma-death is rough but it only happens if you beat the stage. I thouroghly enjoyed it. I didn't get any other ones until Heroes came out. Now that I've played FEH a lot, I'm definetly looking into playing more.

First I ever played was Path of Radiance, which I hilariously picked up at a Gamestop for like $25 right when the Wii era was getting started. Good luck finding a physical copy these days.

It was mostly interest brought on by Brawl, although my little brother had Shadow Dragon on the DS and said it was really good. The difficulty for PoR was a bit of a put-off at first, but I almost instantly got drawn in by the amazingly written characters and the well thought out story. Such strategic gameplay was a cherry on the top.

Tried out Radiant Dawn immediately after and have been a hardcore fan since. I haven't gone out of my way to pick up unofficially localized roms of games we never got in the west, but I've tried out just about everything else.

Kirino

Tatakae
My first was actually Radiant Dawn, which is a bit of an odd one to start with, although I first got it as a gift. The gameplay and story instantly appealed to me, and soon after beating it I played The Sacred Stones and kept going from there. Easily one of my favorite series now.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Awakening. I got into the series a little bit after Heroes came out. Then half a year later I met someone on a discord server and he got me into Fire Emblem. Then I got Awakening in early January.

Quin

Disaster Master
Shadow Dragon. Seeing as its a remake of the first, seemed like a good entry point. I played most of them since then but im not too big on this series. FE 7 quickly became my favorite and still is though.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
May as well give the official update
I still haven't beaten 7, but I ended up beating Shadow Dragon, and that was the first FE game I completed.

funnier6

Courage~
I knew about FE for a while, but for some reason I barely knew anything about it. I did want to play it though, so I got the Awakening demo, liked it, and then bought all the virtual console FE games (Game Boy FE and Sacred Stones) so the Game Boy Fire Emblem was the first I bought and beat. (While cheating the heck out of it with save scums)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
If Smash counts, Smash.

If not, none. I want to get one with Ike as the main character. He seems like one of the most honorable people out there

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Technically, my first was Sacred Stones as a 3DS Ambassador game. I played it for a few minutes before I decided it wasn't for me at all. My first FE game that I actually put time and effort into, and beaten, is Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. It's also the only other FE game I've touched. I enjoyed it a lot, even if the combat was often frustrating. I don't really have much of a desire to try the other games, though. I may keep my eye out for FE Switch, at least.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
If Smash counts, Smash.

If not, none. I want to get one with Ike as the main character. He seems like one of the most honorable people out there
That'll cost you about $100, maybe a little more or less depending on if you want the Gamecube (Path of Radiance) or Wii (Radiant Dawn) Ike game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom