• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Which Was Your Favourite Majora's Mask Transformation?

Which one of these was your favourite?

• Deku Scrub Mask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goron Mask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zora Mask

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Feirce Deity Mask

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Gah, they're all so good. Like REALLY good, since all of them brought a very specific thing to the table when it came to unique game-play.

I think Fierce Deity is cheating though, because it's obviously the coolest one. I mean, it's basically the equivalent of a super form Link, except it's shrouded in mystery that people are still debating about today. And it shoots lasers. But what it does represent is how a 100% completion reward should be handled in a lot of games, and that's empowering the player to just go and destroy whatever he/she wants to, which in this case is all of the bosses, namely Majora. I guess it would be my first pick, but due to the obscure nature of it, I don't think it really added to MM all that much from a design perspective.

I think I'm torn between the Goron mask and the Zora mask. Deku wasn't bad, I just found it to be way more of a hassle to use, and with less benefits attached to it when you compare it to the other two. I always loved Goron because it really helped out the transportation issue that some people took with OoT/MM, which was basically that it took too long on foot, and it was a hassle to call Epona each time. Really, nothing is more satisfying that ripping through Termina Field or Snowhead using the Goron mask. It just feels COOL, going so fast. Plus, if I recall, it also had the most raw strength when it came to combat, even if the controls were a little awkward to get used to. What I love about Zora though is just how smooth the water transportation was. They really outdid themselves, making that finally work, after the clumsy diving mechanics of OoT. But eh.... I've kind of convinced myself to go with the Goron mask, haha. Just had way too much fun with it.

The transformation animations for each mask still make my face light up with joy. Such an intense and crazy sight for 8 year old me. But anyways, the Zora Mask, by far. The ranged attack, coupled with the ability to swim so quickly, and doing dolphin jumps out of the water, made that mask so much fun to use. Also, the song of healing needs a proper comeback.

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Yeah i think they're all just so incredible to use, I took my sweet time thinking about this one. I would probably say Fierce Deity mask just cuz it's so ridiculous. Sometimes when i play i use a cheat that lets me play as him around Termina, which is ridiculously fun. Close second would be goron mask, because i loved beating the crap outa people with my bare hands. Plus rolling around was fun. Next to that would be Zora because i thought dolphin jumping and stuff was sooo fun(ny). I only really liked the deku mask the first set of days. After that it just got boring

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Top: Fierce Deity because, well he's the Fierce Deity!
2nd: Zora: Loved swimming using that guy
3rd: Goron: Rolling and all that
4th: Link: Loved all the cool flips he does off of edges and stuff!
Least: Deku Scrub

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I can't friken decide! It's a close tie between Goron and Zora then, I guess. But the other two are so great, too. :deku:

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Well, this is kind of a no brainer, I'd say Fierce Deity.

Speaking favorites:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Seriously, wtf? How the hell is FD Link losing to Zora Link and Goron Link? I mean Fierce Deity is usually supposed to be one of the big reasons why people play and love MM. How in the world are Zora Link and Goron Link better than Fierce Deity? This doesn't even make any sense.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Argh, I feel so typical now. I picked Zora's mask. What? I loved swimming around infinitely. It's exactly how I wanted Link to swim in OoT (I was expecting him to be able too by the time he was an adult. Darn Rauru not having a pool in the sacred realm >.<).

Deku. Although his abilities werent my favorite and he was pretty slow, the idea of that mask is my favorite. It's a sad story with what happened to the Deku Butler's son, but I think just the fact that it was the first transformation mask you got and the moment it comes off after the HMS plays the Song of Healing is one of my favorite moments, so I chose that.

Zora Link would be my favorite otherwise. Swimming is the best! and the Zora's are my favorite race.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Well, this is kind of a no brainer, I'd say Fierce Deity.

Speaking favorites:

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Seriously, wtf? How the hell is FD Link losing to Zora Link and Goron Link? I mean Fierce Deity is usually supposed to be one of the big reasons why people play and love MM. How in the world are Zora Link and Goron Link better than Fierce Deity? This doesn't even make any sense.

Because Feirce Deity kinda took the fun out of boss battles and was only available in the boss rooms? I love Feirce Deity Link and the whole mystery around the character. But it can never add up versus countless hours of pointless swimming in Great Bay and the Beaver Hideout (is that the name) when I was a kid. It felt liberating to swim with Zora Link. That Swoosh Swoosh sound when you made a turn... Man, makes me want to pick up the game for another playtrough right now.

Fierce Deity for me-- not even close. I love the Zora Mask to death, but the FD just holds a reverence-- when you're wisked away to face Majora, the colors and music diluted; the haunting eyes, the earth-shattering scream, and then you're this great and sinister soldier... Time and time again, those prove to be some of the most mysterious, symbolic, and powerful moments in the game.

Hylian.Smitty

Defender of SS
I love Fierce Deity for the mystery surrounding it. I love reading With a Terrible Fate when it talks about the FD mask. I like to think it was an evil fourth god/dess and was banished by Din, Nayru, and Farore to the parallel world of Termina which is why there is so much suffering there. This theory continually gets convincingly debunked but call me stubborn, I just think it's cool.

But enough about my theories, it's bittersweet how you trade in all your masks (good bye, stone mask *sniffle*) that you worked so hard to obtain for this one mask that you have no idea about. Also, it's symbolic how all your masks represent good deeds but then you trade them in for an evil mask to defeat Majora.

The very first time putting on the Goron's mask made a huge impact on me. I really felt for Darmani, he didn't want to die and seemed so sad. That cut-scene still is so powerful to this day for me.

Majora's Mask is the best game eveeerrrrr!! :zora:

I don't see the appeal of the Fierce Deity mask, because you can only use it in bosses, and in Goht and Twinmold that's useless anyway. It's a cool 100% reward, but I would put the usefulness of it next to the Giant's Mask.

My favorite is the Zora. I like swimming first off. And I'm not sure about in the 64 version, but in 3DS they were the best swimming controls I'd ever used, even if a bit slow. The electric shield boost was great, I love the boomerangs, and he was all around really fun to use. I really like the Zoras. I relate to them better than the other races. (Noble, "stuck-up," kinda perverted fish people who love to swim. Minus the fish person thing, that could be me).

Frankly, the Goron mask is more useful because of transportation, but I don't like using him in Snowhead or the Snowhead Temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom