• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Videogame Delay Were You Most Upset By?

During the pandemic, we've seen quite a few game delays. Obviously the health of employees trumps finishing a game during these times.

But even beforehand, we've seen games notoriously delayed for long periods of time like Duke Nukem Forever and, more recently, Metroid Prime 4.

I'm curious which videogame delay upset you the most.

For example, I was looking forward to playing Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp later this year, but it was pushed back to Spring 2022. That one isn't so bad, though, given the current circumstances. I think the one that stung most for me was Super Smash Bros. Brawl being pushed back a few times back in the day. I was in middle school and absolutely loved Melee. I followed Brawl news online religiously and was more than a little annoyed at it being delayed. It seems a bit silly now but 7th grade me had that as one of my biggest worries.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I remember being upset back in the day about the revelation that Skyward Sword was going to be a holiday 2011 release rather than 2010 like previously stated. And I standby being upset... that game was probably not worth waiting a whole extra year for.

The delay of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker along with the last few content patches for Shadowbringers upset me a bit, but as a game that has been in constant development since its release almost 10 years ago I understand.

The most recent delay that has upset me is Advance Wars 1&2: Reboot Camp. I absolutely freaking love Advance Wars 2 and I was really excited to be able to play it online next month. But, alas, I was a fool to get my hopes up.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'm honestly never upset at delays. It's not like I've got a plethora of time to use with nothing to use it on. I'm constantly busy with various things. It's been MANY years since I was bored.
If a game is delayed, that usually just means they want to make sure it has a good enough quality, and since I'm not sitting there rolling my thumbs, that's alright with me

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I hate when games get delayed in general because I'm definitely more in the camp of "let me start playing it and it's easier and faster for them to release a patch in the first week if they need to improve the game" but I can't think of any that I'm particularly mad about I guess botw2

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I never really kept up with projected releases when I was younger. The first game I kept up with from reveal to release was Skyward Sword and I was upset at the time about the delay to 2011.

Currently I am a little sad the Sands of Time remake was delayed but I am fine with it, I'd rather have a really good remake than a rushed unfinished product.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I was somewhat disappointed to see the Advance Wars remake be pushed back into next year as well.

That said, I'd rather have a game release later and be as polished as possible, so I can't complain too much.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Never, I have had the opposite where I was happy a game got delayed cuz I did not want Pokemon and Animal Crossing to come out at the same time. So I was happy that New Horizons got delayed to 2020.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Definitely Skyward Sword. After TP I was absolutely stoked for a new 3D Zelda. Skyward Sword however was delayed on multiple occasions taking 5 years to come out and the final product was not worth such a long wait.

I really think it's better not to announce games before they are close to finishing because when a game keeps taking longer and longer a better product is expected and the end product rarely lives up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom