• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Video Game Controller is Your Favorite?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Dualshock 3 for me!

I've always been a fan of the PS3 controller. Ever since I first used one, I knew it was the controller for me. The button placements are nice, the analog sticks have nice grip, and the triggers are there when I need them! The controller is also small enough to fit just perfectly inside my smallish hands. The only gripe I might have with it is that the motion controls, though very lightly used, are kind of hard to get used to. And I might sometimes complain about the high sensitivity of the analog sticks, but that doesn't bother me too much.

My second favourite is the Gamecube controller. The only thing I really dislike about the GCN controllers is the pressure sensitive trigger buttons. I find them annoying to use.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Gamecube controller forever. I wish they hadn't made the transition between Gamecube and Wii so fast. And then they make you use the Gamepad for the Wii U if you don't have a pro controller... ugh.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
It's a hard call for me, between the N64 controller and the Wii U gamepad.

I really like the fact that the N64 controller is totally different than anything I've ever used. (in terms of buttons, shape, and just everything)
But the downer on the N64, (AND ITS ONLY flaw- in my opinion), is the control stick. They could have designed that better.
In short- I like the N64 controller because it's unique.

I like the Wii U gamepad, because of its built-in screen, and motion sense. MAN! I love playing Metroid Blast on that thing.
And, despite its size, you actually do get used to it. I did, and my hands are really small.
I thought I would have so much trouble! But, I didn't! :lol:

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
GameCube or ps2
They just fit my hands best although I feel like I'm holding nothing with a ps2 conroler.

The Gamecube controller is my favorite. It fit in my hands wonderfully (still does) and its button placement was godly.

Shout-out goes to every version of the Dualshock for being the absolute worst. The placement of the analog sticks is just horrendous.

Fig

The Altruist
When it comes to controllers, the GameCube was no doubt my personal favorite controller to use! It fits perfectly in my hands and without a shadow of a doubt has the best button layout/placement I have ever seen! It's also the controller that I rather use if a game is compatible with GC controllers. I also loved it because it is arguably the best method to play competitive Smash Bros (and if you don't already know, I love me some Smash Bros)! With SSB4 almost here, I really wish Nintendo would make a brand new version of the GC controller so that I may play Smash 4 the way I have been playing for the past 13 years. Come on Nintendo, I know you have it in you and it would be really great to see a brand new GC controller in time for Smash 4! Here's what we fans want! Please make it happen! Just take my money Nintendo! :ssb:
gcu_controllerultimate_by_robingms-d6hmov2.png

Jedizora

:right:
The gamecube, as far as consoles go. It did fit in your hands pretty well. Although I prefer to game with a keyboard and mouse these days, due to convenience.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Wii U Pro Controller. I haven't used it much, at least not compared to more classic controllers, but damn, if it isn't the best I've ever used. My playthrough of Super Mario 3D World was oh the sweeter with this in my hands. I can't imagine using anything else when Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U come around. I have to give props to the Xbox 360 controller too, which as served me well for many years.

Sega Genesis controller FTW

I would say the Gamecube controller, if not for the button placement. The A button's way too big, and it was near impossible to press both the B button and the X (or Y--whatever was on the other side of A) button without pressing the A button.

I liked the N64 controller a LOT, but it's impractical for modern gaming. And it's kinda ugly. Kinda miss those C buttons though.

Xbox 360 controller is great, though I agree with whoever posted that the D-pad is awful. It's awful. It's so unresponsive.

PS3 controller's good, though I don't like it as much as the ps2 controller. The trigger buttons throw me off somehow, and it doesn't feel as responsive.

So in the end, I guess my vote goes for ps2 controller. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom