• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Video Game Controller is Your Favorite?

キラ

Yo!
I'm not sure if a lot of people would pick this, but my favorite video game controller would have to be the Gamecube controller.

GameCube_controller.png

The analog stick is big and has a good grip. The C-Stick is on the bottom right, instead of being alligned with the other analog stick on most controllers. I like this because it's much easer to move your thumb up to the buttons than to move your thumb down, especially because you're most likely already at the position to where to cannot bend your thumb down the controller much further. I personally like how the buttons are layed out. Big A button - the button is usually a main button and usually very context sensitive button. B button - small and good for button mashing really fast. The X and Y buttons are very original and I just think they look cool and they are easy to reach and press. Especially since they're really close around the big A button - it's a really fast process to switch between all of them. The L and R buttons are big and your fingers fit very nicely into them. They are also pressure sensitive. I wish the Wii and Wii U has pressure sensitive triggers because they're good for racing games. I don't think Double Dash had you use the L and R triggers for brake/reverse and gas, but I would love it if Mario Kart 8 had you use pressure sensitive triggers - but it won't because the Wii U controllers aren't set up that way. I think it would be better to race with these kinds of triggers so if there is a really hard turn and you think you may fall or go off road, you don't have to completely stop - you can just slow down. The controller only had one Z button but I personally do not care because that's all that controller ever needed. I also like the D-Pad a lot. All in all, an amazing controller and the controller felt comfortable in my hands.

The Xbox 360 controller is a close second but I did not pick it because the D-Pad is the worst D-Pad I've ever played with. Microsoft got everything else right on the controller, though, IMO.

What is your favorite video game controller?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Nice question!

I myself prefer the PS3 controller. The grips is nice, my hands feel like they actually fit on the controller, not to mention wireless (and yes, I know, there can be wireless GC controllers, but wireless PS3 controllers were standard with the system, unlike the GC's, so I never had a wireless GC controller). It has a nice rough texture on the control sticks so that your thumbs grip and it doesn't feel all weird and rubbery, like the GC controller. I've never had my hands on a XBahx controller, so I have no idea on that one. A very VERY close second would have to be the Gamecube controller. While it was the controller I've had for basically forever, whenever I play for a long time with a PS3 controller and then put a GC controller back in my hand, it feels so...weird. Mostly just the control stick, and the weird Z button, even though it is rarely used in a lot of games I play.

And the worst controller I've ever held is an N64 controller. Seriously, was that thing built for hands or claws? Why is there a freaking prong in the center? Why is that necessary? :I

Attachments

• PS3Controller.jpg
    PS3Controller.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

キラ

Yo!
the worst controller I've ever held is an N64 controller. Seriously, was that thing built for hands or claws? Why is there a freaking prong in the center? Why is that necessary? :I

It is weird but it's not an issue for me. The left handle was meant to be used for when games used the D-Pad. When the D-Pad is used, the L is the second shoulder button. The middle handle is for when using the analog stick, and the Z button is the second shoulder button in that case. Most N64 games used the analog stick, right? And I don't think any game (at least any game I've ever played) used both the D-Pad and analog stick to play. If any game did, it would be SUPER AWKWARD but I don't think that was ever the case. And yeah, maybe to some people using the middle handle would be uncomfortable cause it was close to the right handle, but it was comfy for me. ^^

617px-Mando_N64.png

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
It is weird but it's not an issue for me. The left handle was meant to be used for when games used the D-Pad. When the D-Pad is used, the L is the second shoulder button. The middle handle is for when using the analog stick, and the Z button is the second shoulder button in that case. Most N64 games used the analog stick, right? And I don't think any game (at least any game I've ever played) used both the D-Pad and analog stick to play. If any game did, it would be SUPER AWKWARD but I don't think that was ever the case. And yeah, maybe to some people using the middle handle would be uncomfortable cause it was close to the right handle, but it was comfy for me. ^^

Well, the N64 was the very first controller I've ever held in my life, so I never really had a reference of if it really WAS awkward or not. I go back to it and go "OH DEAR LORD WHY?!" But back when I was a kid it worked just fine. And I swear, I NEVER held onto the middle prong. Most likely because of my freakishly long thumbs. =P

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
XBox360WirelessController.jpg

Definitely the most comfy controller I've used, I like the button placements, and I love the functionality of it with my PC. I'd actually post up the Xbox One controller as my favourite if it was supported on PC. But since Microsoft still hasn't got around to that yet, the Xbox 360 remains King!

キラ

Yo!
Well, the N64 was the very first controller I've ever held in my life, so I never really had a reference of if it really WAS awkward or not. I go back to it and go "OH DEAR LORD WHY?!" But back when I was a kid it worked just fine. And I swear, I NEVER held onto the middle prong. Most likely because of my freakishly long thumbs. =P

0061-0503-2012-4050_hand_giving_the_thumbs_up_sign_with_long_thumb.jpg

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So many giant pictures of controllers :/

For me it's a toss up between the GC and the Xbox 360 controller. Both are a good weight, not too heavy (original Xbox) and not too light (PS3). Weight is a big factor in my opinion as it makes it feel like, well, you're in control. Then of course comfort is also something to consider and both of these have that comfort. They just feel like they are made for human hands, which makes handling them a lot easier. Then lastly you have button placement. This is where the Xbox 360 beats the GC controller as the buttons are slightly easier to press (triggers especially) and the buttons are more conveniently placed meaning reaction times are quicker and easier to memorise.

キラ

Yo!
Gotta be these two. Nice, tight analog sticks, comfy d-pads, punchy buttons & triggers... and they fit in your hands perfectly.

wii_u_pro_controller.jpg

Although I'm getting a PS4 and will love it, the triggers on the controller feel funny to me... =\

キラ

Yo!
Gamecube, Xbox 360 and oddly enough, Dreamcast.

Hey, the Dreamcast controller is cool! The memory card is IN the controller! On top of that, the memory card has a SCREEN! On top of that, the memory card also had BUTTONS! You could play little games on them! The controller was a little big, but I liked the buttons and triggers! The Dreamcast controller is cool!

194238574DB66777240798

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom