• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which versions of the characters would you put in Smash?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
So in Smash 64 and Melee, they opted to use the Ocarina of Time versions of the characters. In Brawl and Smash 4, they went w/ the Twilight Princess versions [plus Toon Link]. Now in Smash Ultimate, they're ditching the sets and pulling from wherever.
So the question here is if you were able to have it your way for the Zelda reps in smash, which versions of the characters would you want? Would you stick w/ a set or would you pull from anywhere like in Ultimate? Of course this applies to Link, Zelda, Ganon, and I guess a child Link

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Why not just swap skins? Keep the move sets the same.

Have a TP skin, WW skin, OoT skins for young Link and adult Link, BotW skin, SS *blerk* skin, ALttP skin, Zelda I&II skin...

Can do the same for Zelda as well. Not sure how Shiek would be reskinned for any Zelda skin other than TP/OoT. Would be kinda questionable to have young Zelda getting knocked around too though I s'pect.

Would work for the Dorf too. Could even have the old pig lizard skin from back in the day.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Each Ganondorf needs to be an echo.

WW Ganondorf needs the duel swords, TP needs that golwy one and OoT is the classic smash Ganondorf.

But yeah, just give them all their costumes from other games. No BoTW Link or HW Ganondorf allowed

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Link: OoT, TP, or HW.

Zelda: BOTW, HW or Toon.

Ganon: tWW, HW or TP.

Sheik: OoT.

The choices they ended up making were kind...awful. I wouldn't have minded setting them all to HW though. The most neutral designs and gives them more consistency.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Link: BotW above all others, so I’m very happy.

Zelda: BotW or SS, but I’m happy with AlttP.

Ganondorf: Idk I don’t really care about Ganon much. I’m just glad they changed him from his ugly TP design; same for the other two.

Sheik: Don’t really care either, but I like the BotW-based look in SSBU.

Toon Link: I love him exactly the way he is in SSBU, but I’d give him the Lokomo Sword and the Mirror Shield from WW.

Young Link: The same but with MM gear instead of his OoT gear.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Sheik wasnt even in TP wtf

I don't know why I put that down...I was specifically thinking how I wanted them to use the actual Sheik model instead of stylizing him from a different game. XD
Iirc Sheik’s design in Brawl was based on an actual Sheik concept for TP so it’s not wrong.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Why not just swap skins? Keep the move sets the same.

Have a TP skin, WW skin, OoT skins for young Link and adult Link, BotW skin, SS *blerk* skin, ALttP skin, Zelda I&II skin...

Can do the same for Zelda as well. Not sure how Shiek would be reskinned for any Zelda skin other than TP/OoT. Would be kinda questionable to have young Zelda getting knocked around too though I s'pect.

Would work for the Dorf too. Could even have the old pig lizard skin from back in the day.

Yes I agree. That was what was done for Villager and Bowser Jr. So that would be a good way to please fans of all games without adding too many clones. In fact, They have a couple of Ocarina of Time skins for Link as well as the standard TP ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom