• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which version of OoT do you own?

Which Version?

• Original N64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master Quest

• Collector's Edition

• Virtual Console

• Other (Maybe I forgot)

• Total voters
F

F618

I only got the original OOT cartridge for the N64 and i got it on an emulator. but it is much more fun on the N64 then on an emulator. however, it doesnt matter if you play it on the N64 or on an emulator, the game still rocks

R

rnddim

I have the N64 Gold Cartridge Collector's Edition v1.0 (I also have the GC Collector's Edition CD, but I like the N64 better)
It comes without all the "censorship" (come on, you threaten a T rated game because Ganondorf coughed up a little red blood? He did just get his butt kicked.) and makes many glitches easier for when you're bored.
The only thing more collectible than what I have (in terms of "the first", "the original") is the Japanese Gold Cartridge (v1.0 of course)

B

billbot85

I have the original OOT Cartidge, however it might be an edited or redone version because I notice the music in the Fire Temple was different from my friend's cartridge that he got before me. Aside from that, cartridge seems the straight forward original. I don't have an emulator, never really needed one since i kept all of my games and consoles

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I assume I have the original version of N64 OoT, as I remember the mirror shield had that awesome crescent. But it's hard to say really.. I can't actually play it due to my n64's current lack of a memory/expansion pack. (No idea what happened to it.. hehe..) As for the Fire Temple music, Im again unsure. I got that game in sixth grade; vids I've seen of OoT and my actual playthroughs run together at this point.

Mute

一員
I own the original V1.0 cartridge. However, I lack the gold cart, instead I just have a version my brother gave me that he had bought a few days after the release. But now that I think about it, I don't really know when it was, but I do know it's the one with the moon and star symbols, unchanged Fire Temple music and the like.

However, I lack any other version because I see no reason to buy a game again when I dislike the changes from the original cartridge and can still play the cart with no trouble.

R

rnddim

If I remember right, the crescent shape on the Mirror Shield/Blocks/etc. was the only one that didn't change in v1.2. It was only changed in the GameCube re-releases (and then of course Wii Virtual Console).

I've got the Master Quest one. It came with Wind Waker. Two awesome games for the price of one! It was one of the best gaming deals I've ever made.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I have a gray N64 cartridge, however it has some things the gold N64 cartridges have, like red blood instead of green blood and the original Fire Temple music. Although I cannot do the original swordless link glitch on my gray N64 cartrige so I think it is a version 1.01 cartridge.

So it isn't a gray cart that is just like a gold one, it's a gray cart which is similar, except for a few glitches which can only be done on version 1.00 cartridges. (Gold and some gray)

CZG

I got the gold N64 one.

I got the darker atmosphere in the well, with the chanting, the most realistic final blow to Ganon of the OoT versions and, most importantly, I got the silver mirror shield. The gold one is darn ugly! Seriously, apart from changing the looks because it looks like a certain flag (which sucks anyway, what happened to artistic freedom), why did they have to change the main color instead of just the symbols?

Was that to match the re-releases on the handheld back then? Why? I liked the golden boxes way better than a black box with a golden picture?

What happende to the enormous blocks you move around in the game? They had those symbols too... They are not gone, considering the balance of puzzles in the dungeons. Are they blank now?

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I have the 1.01 version (I think).
it has the red blood, the original Fire Temple music, the symbol on the mirror shield.

When I bought it, I didn't have an idea about other versions.
If someone told me about other versions back in April, I would have bought a Gold Cartridge.

Anyway, I'm happy with my 1.01 grey cartridge.

I have the N64 cartridge (somewhere in the basement, I hope) and the Master Quest disc. I'd love to get my hands on the collectors edition, since it also contains a MM version for gamecube/wii afaik, even though I heard that MM version was very buggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom