• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Which version has the better box art in your opinion?

Which version has the better box art in your opinion?

GSgLFdh.jpg

I was never a fan of the particular promotional art they used for the WiiU boxart. It's far too gaudy, and adding Ilia and Ganondorf on top of it makes it even more so. It's literally color vomit. The original boxart was cool, though. When I was young and dumb, I didn't even notice wolf Link at first glance and thought he was part of human Link's hat/hair, lol. But that one is more artistically appealing to me; it's not overly busy but it gets the job done.

—Though, at least we didn't get another gold foil boxart. Those are literally the worst. Hmm... how can we make the boxart Zelda-y...? —I know! Let's make everything gold. That'll do the trick! Ugh.

—Though, at least we didn't get another gold foil boxart. Those are literally the worst. Hmm... how can we make the boxart Zelda-y...? —I know! Let's make everything gold. That'll do the trick! Ugh.
The PAL regions didn't get that gold box art for WWHD thankfully. But yeah I feel sorry for those who did.

My favourite TP box art is the original one. It fit the aesthetics of the game well. The promotional TPHD one as you've said is just too bright and busy.

I have to say I prefer the HD remake box art. I always loved the contrast we got with Zelda and Midna in that piece, as it fits the themes of the game perfectly; Zelda has her head raised and is basked in light, while Midna has her head bowed and covered in darkness, which mirrors the game in an excellent way with the Twilight vs Hyrule conflict. Seeing the Japanese art makes me super jealous though, as just having Link and Wolf Link's head seems to not clutter up the whole thing as much as Wolf Link + Midna and Link + Epona do.

I will be getting the amiibo bundle, and it looks okay from here too.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I just found the Japanese TPHD boxart. It looks way better than what we are getting.
zelda-twilight-princess-hd-box-japan-656x437.jpg

This is so the boart art we should have gotten.

I really like how that box art adds its own flair while remaining faithful to the original box design. Zelda always seems to have the best box arts in Japan. I still like the new box art for other regions, due to showing a lot of the major characters, but it's quite different from the original GCN/Wii cover.

I really like both the classic ones and the new wii u one, I love that Ilia is on the box art, I don't know what it is but it just gives the whole thing more personality and intrigue. I am not sure if I am a fan of Ganondorf being on the box art though, since I feel like it's kind of a spoiler for people who haven't played TP, I had no idea back in 06 that Ganon would come back so I feel it's going to take away the surprise a bit for those who haven't played it - I think they should have put Zant there instead. But it does look gorgeous!

Edit: - Now that I think about it - Midnas appearance is also kind of a spoiler, I remember being so surprised by how she looked and how beautiful she was at the end of TP but now it's already on the cover. Not a big deal though, like I said - it looks amazing!

I guess this game is intended for fans who wants to revisit

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I love the original and the Japanese box arts. I agree that the new (I'm assuming US) box art for WiiU looks like a hodgepodgue of color and characters. Unless they make HD Twilight Princess significantly more vibrant, I don't think the bright green fits at all, plus the characters look out of place - It's not that I dislike Ilia and Ganondorf in the box art, but I think the very bold Link/Epona, WolfLink/Midna seem out of place to the background. I find the subtle colors and less spot lighted Link/Wolf Link to be much more appealing.

I really like how that box art adds its own flair while remaining faithful to the original box design. Zelda always seems to have the best box arts in Japan. I still like the new box art for other regions, due to showing a lot of the major characters, but it's quite different from the original GCN/Wii cover.

I believe the original box art for Twilight Princess in Japan was different then the North American one. I could be wrong though. I always thought the NOA one was better.

I pretty sure this was the original Japanese box art. I could be wrong though.
The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Twilight_Princess_(Japan).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Does anyone have my first avatar? The one where Link and Wold Link's faces are all blended together? That would have made a much less cluster****-y boxart then the one we're getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom