• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Which Timeline?

Which Timeline For Zelda U?

• Pre-Split

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Failure

• Child

• Adult

• Total voters

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Well I voted for the Failure Timeline because if Ganondorf defeated Link then Link would have never saved Termina and Majora's Mask could come back! Yay! :D

But other than my obsessive want for Majora's return, I guess Child timeline would be cool too.

I voted for the failure timeline because I would like to see a full-fledged 3D "Failure Timeline" game because every game in that timeline has been a top down perspective (nothing wrong with that) and I would just like to see what the Failure timeline world would look like in a 3D world.

1) Defeat Timeline that explores Lorule either in the past or the present. If Skyward Sword was some crazed happy-go-lucky world where all the inhabitants were oblivious to outside events, then the Lorule counterpart must've been what SS should have been. Let's see that happen.

Were any of these spoilers? I haven't played A Link Between Worlds yet.

Count SymphoniC

Master of Music and Mind.
Were any of these spoilers? I haven't played A Link Between Worlds yet.

Seeing as how you already knew about Lorule being in ALBW, then no, there are no spoilers. Nintendo pretty much spoiled Lorule for everyone anyways.

On the topic of which timeline...
I genuinely can't imagine being able to appreciate anything after TWW, I believe the Adult Timeline should have ended there. Wind Waker is awesome and the concept of "New Hyrule" was a good try... but it just isn't the same. Maybe that's a sign I'm aging.

Pre-SS would be interesting, although I think those of us who've read Hyrule Historia would have a harder time being surprised. It would give us a nice opportunity to explore Demise and Hylia's origins, more about the goddesses, and another good Zelda title overall. I can see Nintendo throwing in some fancy plot twists in a game like this.

Mentioned previously was the idea of merging the timelines back together. That's an idea that I like right there. It would certainly stretch the artistic creativity of Nintendo as well, wouldn't it? Who knows how it would turn out.

Above all, it's obvious this game will take place in Hyrule, Nintendo has already stated this. So MM fans are likely to be let down here. But I have a feeling if it does have something to do with MM, then it's possible that they'll follow up with a 3DS remake of MM, based off an interesting trend I've noticed anyways.

Last edited:
New Hyrule

On internet they said on a site, that it would come after FSA,
but I'd like to see it in the Adult timeline, because then you probably can explore
the whole of New Hyrule which never has been explored by foot, only by train
and some villages. New Hyrule is also very big, so it would fit the fact that it's gonna
be a very big Zelda game.:lol:

I hope it takes place in the Child Timeline, specifically right after TP, where there is so much that is not yet explained. It should take place during this timeline as opposed to the others because the child timeline is not nearly as fleshed out as say, the failure timeline.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I hope to see it in the child timeline. It contains very little and only has three games. Perhaps somewhere after TP if they don't use Ganon as the main villain.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Child. There's so much potential for things they can do in this timeline. All we have is Majora's Mask, about a century (I think) until TP, an unknown amount of time between that and FSA that can be worked with, and anything after that

Skunk

Floof
I voted for the adult timely because I think that it's really time to explore a larger, less toon, New Hyrule. The only game in the series to even take place in New Hyrule is Spirit Tracks, which was a fairly small game. I think it's time to show off the new Hyrule, how things are beginning to pick up there from the timeafter Spirit Tracks, etc.

Ganondwarf

Hyrule's Finest
I'd like to see a game set in the Adult timeline that removes Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks from canon. Windwaker deserves a worthy follow up and each of those is worse than it's predecessor.

Link18

link18
Not sure how it would work but I'd love to see it take place in two or even all three timelines. Crossing back and forth, one world flooded, one world in steep decline. So many possibilities.

well link has already travelled between time and worlds why not the timelines

Ericzander

tinyurl.com/mtkslrd
I'd like to see a game set in the Adult timeline that removes Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks from canon. Windwaker deserves a worthy follow up and each of those is worse than it's predecessor.
Lol wut? I hope that's tongue in cheek because obviously they shouldn't remove games from canon just because some people don't think they live up to expectations.

Not sure how it would work but I'd love to see it take place in two or even all three timelines. Crossing back and forth, one world flooded, one world in steep decline. So many possibilities.
Oh I made a thread just like this at ZeldaUniverse. Let me copy-paste my idea.

Title: A crazy idea. Three links!

Hey guys, so I'm not saying that I would actually approve of Nintendo doing something like this, but I just thought it'd be a pretty cool concept.

As we know, the Zelda team has been trying a lot harder than before to bring connections to the games together. Such as releasing the timeline and Skyward Sword. What if, they made a game that unified all three timelines together to once again create a unified one?

The main game mechanic? Having it star three different Links (one from each timeline) each with different artistic styles.

Imagine Link in the style of LoZ and AoL teaming up with a Link in the style of TP and OoT and a Link in the style of WW and ST.

Their worlds collide and the three of them work together to prevent all of the paradoxes and evils that spread out from three vastly different worlds merging together. It could even bring on the return of Ganondorf.

Similar to this game.
pusher-game.jpg

Now I understand that this isn't really practical, if possible, to do within the Zelda universe but I thought it'd be a neat idea to discuss. What do you guys think?

Child timeline, it is the most neglected and has plenty of potential, I don't care about PS or DT and AT can wait another year or two. Preferably I'd like it between MM and TP or perhaps right after TP.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I'd like to see a pre-split game, preferably covering the Dark Interlopers and the building of the Temple of Time with the first round of sages, perhaps even seeing the creation of the Ocarina of Time.

Baring that I'd like to see a game set between MM and TP with a grown up Link coming back to Hyrule and fighting Ganondorf, thus setting in motion the events of TP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom