• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Temple Was the Best?

Which Temple was best?

• The Forest Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Goron Mines

• The Lakebed Temple

• The Arbiter's Grounds

• The Snowpeak Ruins

• The Temple of Time

• The City in the Sky

• The Twilight Palace

• Total voters
P

Pwamimdorf

I personally liked Snowpeak Ruins, but was disappointed that the last dungeon, Hyrule Castle wasn't on the poll. That dungeon was great! Especially the emphasis on combat.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
The Temple of Time, probably. Mostly for it's design and throwback music. I found walking the statue down to be pretty enjoyable as well.

A close second would be the Snowpeak Ruins, if only because of it's nice boss theme.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
It had to be City in the sky the boss battle awed me more than most, fighting a huge black dragon clad in armour made me feel as if I were a medival knight in those old stories and when you swung from peahat to peahat it made me feel like Spider Mano.o!

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
The Snowpeak Ruins was my favorite dungeon in this game, and probably somewhere in my top ten Zelda dungeons as well.

--Puzzles--
The puzzles in the Snowpeak Ruins were easy to moderate in terms of difficulty for me. They were interesting enough to keep me from getting board. I liked moving cannon balls everywhere, it made for some entertaining puzzles. I also liked how you had to sometimes jump from swinging chandeliers to get across gaps, and using the ball and chain to make them swing in the first place was unique. Then there were the timeless block-pushing puzzles which fit nicely in the icy atmosphere.

--Music--
To be honest, I didn't pay that much attention to the dungeon music in the Snowpeak Ruins, however I did listen to and enjoy the boss music greatly. The dungeon music fits the dungeon nicely, and the boss music is excellent. In fact the boss music is one of my favorite songs in TP.

--Enemies--
The ice-based enemies in the Snowpeak Ruins were some of the hardest in the game for me to defeat. I remember having some trouble with the freezards, and the chilfos. They were fun to fight for the most part.

--Boss & Mini-boss--
Blizzeta was an excellent boss, I thought this boss fight was done extremely well. Not only is the music great, but the gameplay for this boss is great as well. The only complaint I have about this boss, and most of the bosses in TP, is that they could have been more difficult.

As for the Mini-boss, this was the only Mini-boss in TP which presented a moderate challenge. I was quite shocked, because I didn't have any trouble with previous mini-bosses in TP. It took me a couple tries before I decided to use the extra soup I had been carrying around, and then I beat the mini-boss. It also reminded me somewhat of the ball and chain guys in ALttP.

--Atmosphere--
I really loved the atmosphere and design of the Snowpeak Ruins. I found it to be a very weird dungeon, with a mysterious atmosphere. I was constantly trying to piece together the history of the ruins, the dungeon fascinated me.

The design of the dungeon made me think 'castle' more than 'mansion' simply because it was so huge. The fact that it also has things like cannons and ammunition lying around made me think it was once meant to be a fortress. Perhaps an old military base, given the large kitchen. There also seems to be a stock of armor and weapons in the room you fight the mini-boss in. I still don't know what it's purpose was (and probably won't ever know) but that was the overall impression I got from the dungeon.

Overall, the Snowpeak Ruins were my favorite dungeon in TP. I really enjoyed this dungeon. It was especially nice to have NPCs in the dungeon, it added to the story greatly.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
This is clear to me the Snowpeak temple was the best. I liked it because it was a mansion turned into a dungeon and it was unique because it was ice based.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Hmmm... for me is the Arbiter's Grounds.

The Big Poe flame collecting was interesting, and it made me remember the Forest Temple, wich is my favorite OoT Temple.

The boss was so hard...but also very fun. The Redeads in this Temple were just like mummies in an egipcian pyramid. The very first moment I saw them I was pretty sure they were the new Redead/Gibdo version.

Kazumi

chagy
Forest Temple

I really have to say that I did not enjoy this Temple to much. It felt way to much like a lame opening Temple, which is supposed to get you used to it. I suppose that is what it was designed to be though. I also did not like how long it took you from the beginning of the game to get to the temple. Basically the whole part from the very start of the game to after you beat this Temple felt long and boring, which is never a good start to a game. I also hated collecting the monkeys.

Goron Mines

I really liked this Temple, actually. It probably places second or third on my list of the greatest temples ever. It had a very unique design, which was quite nice. And meeting all of the Goron Elders was a great idea. Plus the Bow is an excellent weapon for this temple. But as I never really liked fire temples to much, this cannot be my favourite. Though I do say this is where the game really starts to pick up. During and right after this temple.

Lakebed Temple

This Temple felt like a milestone. Which it was really. It gave you a very useful item, and set you forth for the next, more plot pushed half of the game. It does the job well, but annoys on the way. The boss is pretty cool though. The Temple really gave you the feel that you where deep underwater where no human should be. No human or Zora, because the place felt kind of non-templey. But yeah. It was still a good temple, through and through. I can't say I liked the design much though.

Arbiter's Grounds

This place is as hard and scary as hell. I really did not like this place the first time I played through the game. The layout is quite confusing and annoying, with no real pattern, and overall the Temple felt pretty short, but I still liked it. Kind of. The boss was pretty fun, but I can't say that I approve of the item. It does fit the Temple, though. And the introduction to the Mirror and the backstory about Ganondorf and the sages is pretty good.

Snowpeak Ruins

Now this is my favourite Temple. It's really a place I can get behind. It feels comfortable, whilst still giving you the edge of danger and exploration. The idea of going out through little mini journeys to get the items was pretty awesome. And the soup was funny, and a nice little boost. The idea of the canons was pretty good, and the mini-boss and item were awesome. The layout was excellent as well. It really felt like a beautifully constructed Royal retreat. The on thing I did not like was the boss, however.

Temple of Time

This temple felt way to linear for it's own good. Though it was cool how you felt like you were climbing a great tower, with all of the floors it had. Controlling the statues was very fun, and the mini-boss was a great introduction to Dark Nuts. The item of course is fun. I mean. Come on. But the way you just went down the path to get the Statue, and then came back felt kind of boring. And the boss was unfitting for the Temple. A great, ancient Hylian Knight Guardian would have done the job much better.

City in the Sky

I can't say that I remember to much of the temple. I just have to say that it was generally a not so fun experience. And it had an awful layout. While the item was useful, it felt sort of tacky and not so well thought out. They could have done something much more innovative and interesting like with the last few temples. The mini-boss was lame as well. I think they could have thought of something better. The boss however, was the best in the game. It was pretty epic.

Palace of Twilight

Now this is what not to do with a Temple. Don't give you an item, make it short and rather easy. Do not use any interesting ideas, make the boss very lame, make it a huge let down to finally getting to go to a fabled place, and finally make it not make sense. There you have Palace of Twilight.

So, overall here is my final list.

Snowpeak Ruins
Goron Mines
Arbiter's Grounds
Lakebed Temple
Temple of Time
City in the Sky
Forest Temple
Palace of Twilight.

And that is in order from favourite to least favourite.

N

Notorious NATE

I haven't finished the game yet, so I do not want to put in a premature vote, but so far the Goron mines have taken an early lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom