• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Temple Was the Best?

Which Temple was best?

• The Forest Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Goron Mines

• The Lakebed Temple

• The Arbiter's Grounds

• The Snowpeak Ruins

• The Temple of Time

• The City in the Sky

• The Twilight Palace

• Total voters
As the title says, Which Temple do you think is the best?

The Forest Temple: The Forest Temple, all though very easy, was an awesome first temple in my opinion. It was well thought out and I liked the design of the whole place, It looked great compared to other Zelda's first temples. The enemies where very easy, The only one that caught me out were the Enemies that hid under tiles on the paths and rushed up when you stepped on them. It did have a creative Item but I didn't like the Mini-boss or the final boss much, Although unique, I didn't like them.

The Goron Mines: I really liked the Goron Mines, It was a great Idea and I liked that it was very different than any other Temple when it came to collecting the Big Key, It was unique seeing as you had to meet the awesome Goron Elders to get each Section. This temple also give's you one of the most used Items in the game, I still somehow lose hearts to that mini-boss....-.-. I liked the design of this temple as well, I like any temple that is filled with fire and lava and this supplied a lot of both.

The Lakebed Temple: This temple is probably 3rd hardest temple in the game behind The Arbiter's Grounds and Snowpeak Ruins. One my first run through I kept getting lost of trying to go down a path which I couldn't use yet, I wish though that this temple was designed differently, The current design is good but I didn't really like it, I didn't get why they're gears scatterered through one section. It did have an awesome boss, It is the best Water Temple boss I have fought. Overall I think that this temple is neutral, I don't really like or dislike it. This temple also has the Clawshot, My favourite item in the game.

The Arbiter's Grounds: This is an awesome temple and in my opinion is the best in the game. I loved the design of the place, Although I would have liked it even more if it were even darker I still think its an epic temple. It has great Bosses and the best final boss out of the first 7 temples. It had the harder enemies of the game (e.g. ReDeads and Big Poes). This was kind of like The Goron Mines with having to collect the blue flames back from the 4 Big Poes.

The Snowpeak Ruins: I liked the overall design of this Temple, It looked great and suited what it was meant to be. It has the hardest of the mini-bosses in TP and also the hardest enemies behind The Arbiter's Grounds. It was a hard temple, It also had a very cool boss at the end. Althought strange she was cool. This although a temple I used to dread I now love it. It does contain 2 of the hardest enemies in the game but other than there isn't really much threat.

The Temple of Time This temple had a great design and it had 8-10 floors. I just found it to be straight forward for nearly every room, There was hardly any backtracking so it was a 'Get from point A to point B' temple, This made it very easy, It did get slightly harder on the way back in some rooms with the Statue but it got easier in other rooms. I did like the item a bit but it wasn't used enough outside of the temple like many other Items in the game. The temple is let down by its awful final boss though, He was easier than Ghoma from OoT, It disappointed me.

The City in the Sky: I did find this temple hard at first but after you first get going from the main room the temple gets easier, I didn't really like this temple though, It had an decent design but I just didn't like. I also didn't really like the final battle, As I have said in another thread I was expecting variation but that never happened. It did however have a cool mini-boss (and they only dungeon in which you have to fight that mini-boss again later) and it gave my joint first favourite item, The second clawshot (my other being the first clawshot :D). I suppose it was a pretty good Temple but I just didn't like it.

What is you opinion and please explain why it is....

Last edited:

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
My favorite temple was the Arbiter's Grounds. It was really fun and interesting. It was cool how you were exploring an Egyptian-like place and was fun fighting the enemies. I remember in the room with a trap when all the mini skeletons went to attack when you activated the trap. I would purposefully activate the trap and then smash them all down with the Master Sword.

It also had a fun and cool boss. I liked how the Spinner was like a skateboard, and it was fun it the massive room with lots of Spinner Tracks, I would just play around there all the time.

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
Definitely Arbiter's Grounds, it was great. the boss was awesome, the overall feel of the dungeon was sweet, and the item was cool (although I wish they used it more). It was great.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The City in the Sky is probably my favorite. The item you get, the boss, the bossfight. I never seem to remember the tunes but I guess they were quite decent too. My head is always in the clouds so that´s probably my main reason :P

But in fact the temples were really good all of them in this game.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Personally i chose the twilight palace because it's challenging but not rediculously annoying or hard. and also i find it cool how it was that it was in the twilight sky (or there were bottomless pits surrounding it but i prefer to think it's in the twilight sky) not to mention the boss battle with zant was like a flash from the past of four other boss battles which was really cool (and zant gives you a HEART CONTAINER!!!!!!!!!! SO UNEXPECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) the last phase was so cool what with it being right outside hyrule castle with twilight barriers confining you.

D

DarkToonLink

City in the sky

I liked the city in the sky because it gave me a good challenge and the boss was awesome

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My favorite would be the Temple of Time. :)

My reason(s) why would be, first, how you found the dungeon. I've always been fascinated by time travel or anything to do with time. The way you found the ToT to me was awesome how you had to open the door and travel back in time to when the ToT was still intact.

Second, I loved how vast the dungeon was. It wasn't a short dungeon, but a long one that took a while to explore. Another thing that I've always been fascinated by would be big places. The ToT to me would qualify as a big place.

Third, I loved how you fought the boss there. Unlike other bosses in TP, this boss still lived even when Link killed him the first time. The look on Link's face was priceless! :xd: You'd then have to spend your time running around after the little guy trying to kill him. :D

Those are the reasons why I love the ToT temple the best in TP. It possessed all those little things that interest me and had a boss that I liked in it. :) Even now I still go back into the temple and just go through it even though I've beaten it already. :xd:

I don't know if I could ever really pick just one. It seemed that each Temple tried to have it's own quality to it, something to bring to the table. Although....if I had to pick one....it would probably be Arbiter's Grounds. This one was easily the one that I thought you had to really think through things, where everything was, what was freaking on you when you could see nothing, and it really taught you to use your senses, and that there's always a trap around the corner. And I love temples like that.

Zarom

The King
My favorite dungeon was Snowpeak Ruins, altough The Arbiter's Ground comes very close. I just like the overall of the dungeon. It was unique, it happens in a house and there were Yeto & Yeta in there that made it fun. There was also some cool riddles and I liked the Mini-Boss & the Boss. :)

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
The Arbiters Grounds was absolutely my favorite. I really like the dark design, it feels like you're walking in a old ancient tomb. The undead enemies and bosses where epic. The temples sound was on of the best ever, i liked the sound from City in the Sky the most.
In The Arbiters Grounds there was a dark place where so many frightening skeletons comes out of the sands. o_O

In general the City in the Sky was an harder challenge, and the place i got stuck for a long time. I love it's boss, i have something with Dragon. Well Stallord in the Arbiters Grounds was also something like a Dragon. Stallords second half was harder to do.

Anyway, i love the spinner parts. Finally a orginal item for Link. :3

I voted for: Forest Temple, Lakebed Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, and Temple of Time.

I felt the very best was the Forest Temple. In terms of design and difficulty and regarding the fact that it was the first dungeon of the game, I feel it was perfect.

Second would be the Lakebed Temple. I felt that it's difficulty and design surpassed most of the other dungeons. My favorite water dungeon in the whole series, except the Temple of Droplets in MC.

I also thought Arbiter's Grounds and the Temple of Time were great. Temple of Time was good mainly because of it's good design, but more so it's unique design. It had a great new item with a cool function, and the linear structure of the dungeon was weird, but a cool idea overall. As for Arbiter's Grounds, it was very cool in theme and music, and it also was well designed, with some of the toughest fights against normal enemies. Especially the ReDead Knights.

And remember, it's "dungeons" not "temples" people! >.<

S

Spreeze

1. My favorite dungeon would have to be Snowpeak Ruins. I liked the place it was set in, and I enjoyed the music that played at Snowpeak. I also liked the characters of Yeta and Yeto. :D Very fun. And getting to the dungeon was cool - you had to snowboard down the mountain. And once in the dungeon, I liked getting the pumpkin and the cheese to make soup. Everytime I was low on hearts I would take a drink from my bottle of soup! Plus, when I went to fight Ganondorf and Zant, I had 2 bottles filled with soup from Snowpeak. Hehe. :D

2. My second favorite is City in the Sky. I didn't like this temple at first, but once I started playing I started to like it more. I guess I just liked the location. I thought a City in the sky was pretty neat. :) And the boss battle, the dragon Argorak, was AMAZING. To fight him made going through the whole dungeon worth it. The only thing I didn't like about this dungeon was the music (it was ...creepy) and the Ooccoos. I have never seen a creature so ugly! I thought things in the sky were supposed to be cute and cuddly.

Also.. did anyone else get reminded of the Studio Ghibli film 'Castle in the Sky' whilst playing through this dungeon? Here's a picture of Laputa, the castle in the sky: http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp235/XHeavenRoseX/laputa.jpg

3. Next would be the Temple of Time. It was AWESOME going through the door in the Sacred Grove, then coming out in the Temple of Time. The feeling of the dungeon was cool, and the Dominion Rod was a pretty sweet item. The statue thing was a creative idea. I also thought the temple was shorter than the others, which was good, because if it were any longer I wouldn't like it as much.

4. My fourth pick would be the Goron Mines. It was an okay dungeon. Using the iron boots to walk on walls or the ceiling was pretty cool, but other than that it was... 'normal.' The boss wasn't very challenging, in my opinion, but how you had to defeat him was pretty cool. And learning to sumo before fighting the mini boss was a neat idea as well.

5. Arbiter's Grounds is number 5. I liked the setting of the dungeon... but I got a creepy feeling while playing through it, and I began going through the dungeon as quick as possible so I could get out! Seriously. The music is was creeped me out the most. Eerie is the correct word for it. Another thing that I didn't like were those little beetles that would come crawling out if nowhere and wiegh down Link's body. *shudder* :(

6. My number 6 is Lakebed Temple. I'm not one for... water levels, but luckily this dungeon wasn't a lot underwater. Most was on land. The main room was cool, making the water flow in through the different doors, but other than that... that's all I really liked about the temple. Not much to say about it, really.

7. Seven would be the Forest Temple. it wasn't a bad temple, just not my cup of tea. I didn't like rescuing the mokeys... I thought that was sorta dumb. I did like the Gale Boomerang though, and fighting Ook. Diababa was alright too, I guess. This dungeon actually caused me the most confusion out of all of them. And it was the first one. Go figure.

8. last is the Twilight Palace. Ack. I hated getting the Sol, and that creepy hand that would follow you and play suspenceful music *cue 'Jaws' theme*. I just didn't like that the dungeon was dark. it was too hard for me to see in there. I did, however, like fighting Zant. It was sooo cool because he would teleport to the previous dungeons you'd been in, and you'd have to use a different item each time.

And that, my friends, is my overly-long opinion to a simple question.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Personally, I didn't like many of these dungeons enough to have a favorite, they seemed boring to me, but i'd have to say Goron Mines, I do think that was the best one, even if it's boss is the easiest one in the game.

I liked the Temple of Time most, because everything was different then it appears different then it was. And I liked the length of that level. It was not one you could do in 15 minutes. The use of the Domain Rod was sweet. Being able to control that statue to destroy everything in your way! I loved that, it was a great stress reliever. And all that puzzling games in that level made it by far my favorite dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom