• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Which Temple or Place in Hyrule is the Coolest?

Pick the location you like the most in Hyrule.

• Location of Water/Ice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Location of Fire

• Location of Forest

• Location of Desert

• Total voters
M

MatthewCampbell

This is MatthewCampbell. This is my first thread, so I'm sorry if somethings will look wierd. In truth, this is the first time doing this.

I would say that the coolest temple would be the Spirit Temple.
The coolest place would be everywhere! Hyrule is awesome.

M

MatthewCampbell

You know, you are right. The forest is way cool. With Saria's Song. But the desert does have a very very very catchy tune.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Forest, definitely. Just so magical, it's where the game starts, and it's true Zelda at it's finest.

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I always liked Hyrule town, the field before the Hyrule castle and inside Hyrule castle when you are sneaking around. Something about it was so cool to me.some other cool places to explore are probably Kokiri Forest, the Lost Woods, and Lake Hylia.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Forest, definately. Protected by the Lost Woods...perfect. I just wish the Temple of Time had been there, as well, just on a different path. That's where the Sacred Grove has always been, which is the Temple of Time, just dismantled, as shown in Twilight Princess.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I really love the desert area because sneaking around did give OoT a slight unique feel. that's until MM was released and you had to sneak around the Deku Palace which is still fun by the way.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Temple and place? Well really those are two different questions, let me answer.

My favourite places to wander through as Link are definitely those that seem realistic, like Hyrule field and the forest realms. I love the sense of freedom given off there, and the fact that those could well be real places. (I don't mean exactly the same, I mean similar scenery is possible etc.) The only thing that bugs me about those areas is the lack of good enemies to fight. I suppose the spiders in the forest are pretty cool, but when you walk through Hyrule Field at night there really is not much of a challenge. I suppose that big peahat is rather odd, but that's besides the point because the enemies in general aren't as fun or awesome to battle. I do enjoy rolling into trees, the suprises that float down out of them amuse me, and controlling Link in that way is rather fun, although I do feel sorry for his head when it hits the tree...I like the water areas based around Hyrule field...Well, the river anyway. But I definitely prefer the river in Ordon Village, and I enjoy getting Link to swim around in it. So I suppose the wodded or field areas and forests are my favourite place...

I love the fire temples. I have only played through some, but they have been the best in my opinion. The temples in PH and ST were well done, the graphics were good. I liked the way the flames were done in those games as well so it is no suprise that the Fire Temples were my favourite. The bosses were also epic and you can't have a good temple unless the boss matches the requirements. I also in general love the fire element. I have to say I like water too, but fire is more alien in its own way, it fascinates me for some reason and water is something I see every day anyway. The colours in fire are one of the best things about it and way in which you can use it as Link is awesome. I have to admit, in MC the Temple of Droplets was my favourite, but in the other games it has always been the firey temples or dungeons. Fire is way more of a challenge for Link and using it to his advantage is fun, fire is stronger than water...but water puts the flames to an end. No, I still like the fire and forest better. :P

Nicole

luke is my wife
My favorite location in Zelda is always the desert. I especially love Gerudo Desert in OoT and TP. The Gerudo's fortress in OoT was a lot of fun to sneak around in, and right after that, you'd find the Spirit Temple. Well, sort of... I love the desert in TP, but it could have been expanded in so many ways. It could have been made "fanstastic" rather than "pretty great."

I know it's odd that I like the desert so much. I don't know what it is, really, but I find desert lands to be very intriguing, whether in video games or real life. I'm fascinated with desert races and tribes. Very historical. :P Not to mention that the Gerudo as a race are so darn mysterious...

I was just going to say that I was confused as to why so many people favored forest, but after remembering Faron Province in TP, I can understand a little. In all honesty, I didn't quite like the forest themes in OoT or MM, or really, any other game for that matter. I thought the Faron Woods were so beautiful and filled with mystique, which made up for my general indifference to forest. Now, if "forest" was replaced with "jungle"... It would be a whole different story. A jungle would be awesome, like a rainforest.

You know what else would be cool? A coral reef. But I'm getting ahead of myself... :rolleyes:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
My favorite location in Zelda is always the desert. I especially love Gerudo Desert in OoT and TP. The Gerudo's fortress in OoT was a lot of fun to sneak around in, and right after that, you'd find the Spirit Temple. Well, sort of... I love the desert in TP, but it could have been expanded in so many ways. It could have been made "fanstastic" rather than "pretty great."

I know it's odd that I like the desert so much. I don't know what it is, really, but I find desert lands to be very intriguing, whether in video games or real life. I'm fascinated with desert races and tribes. Very historical. :P Not to mention that the Gerudo as a race are so darn mysterious...

I was just going to say that I was confused as to why so many people favored forest, but after remembering Faron Province in TP, I can understand a little. In all honesty, I didn't quite like the forest themes in OoT or MM, or really, any other game for that matter. I thought the Faron Woods were so beautiful and filled with mystique, which made up for my general indifference to forest. Now, if "forest" was replaced with "jungle"... It would be a whole different story. A jungle would be awesome, like a rainforest.

You know what else would be cool? A coral reef. But I'm getting ahead of myself... :rolleyes:
Yes your defiantly getting ahead of yourself but a "jungle-like" area would be a nice touch for Nintendo to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom