• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
[video=youtube;SSX86zPnUkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSX86zPnUkY[/video]

The Glass Prison - Dream Theater

One of my new personal favorites by one of my main bands, Dream Theater. I love the intensity and heavier sound this song brings. Such a great track to start up the 12 Step Suite. I am in love with the proggy and metal side to DT. Definitely my favorite band next to the unbeatable Iron Maiden.

Hanyou

didn't build that
The Glass Prison - Dream Theater

One of my new personal favorites by one of my main bands, Dream Theater. I love the intensity and heavier sound this song brings. Such a great track to start up the 12 Step Suite. I am in love with the proggy and metal side to DT. Definitely my favorite band next to the unbeatable Iron Maiden.

SDoIT isn't one of my favorite DT albums (I prefer their earlier stuff), but it does have some highlights. Apart from the brilliant title track, my favorite on SDoIT is easily Blind Faith, which just balances soft and heavy really well.

What's your favorite song in the 12 Step Suite? Mine is probably The Root of All Evil from Octavarium, but I also enjoy This Dying Soul, which is really heavy.

I've been digging into the earlier stuff that didn't make it onto their albums lately, which is also worth hearing. Been a DT fan since '05, but some of this is new to me. If you haven't listened to "Cleaning Out the Closet," you're missing some of their best material! Highly recommended. While I enjoy their harder material, their early ballads are so calming...they're a prog metal band, but they really know how to quiet down too. The song in the video is the sonic equivalent of a rush of cool water.

Glad to see another Iron Maiden-turned-Dream Theater fan. :)

[video=youtube;1eN_vNuLL1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eN_vNuLL1I[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom