• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Song Are You Currently Listening To?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo

In a bit of a Metal Gear mood so i might just replay my entire collection again. Been a while since I last did that.

Anyhoo, here is the song lyrics translated from Hebrew to English. (emphasis on translated, not TRANSLITERATED)

"Closing my eyes to the sound of gunfire, uttering a howl. In a flash I am switched into despair. Everything for the one who lives inside a nightmare. Missing you from the bottom of my heart.

Wishing for the world that ran out of tears. My heart is already dead. The hope. Missing you so much it hurts.
"

Honestly beautiful, considering the context of the setting that the franchise is set in an alternate world of 2014 wherein wars are fought not with heart but with hardly a justifiable reason or cause. The way that Jackie Presti sings the lyrics in such a saddened tone and her wavering mannerisms gives off the sense that this is being sung by a mother who has to bear the loss of her beloved child in an unjust and cruel war that no one had asked for.
Pure talent and poetry for a somber and sobering setting that perfectly fits in Hideo Kojima's series of how war is cruel and often unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom