• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Which Smash FE rep would you axe?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Which FE reps should be axed from Smash?

• Marth

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Roy

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Chrom

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Corrin

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Lucina

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Robin

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Ike

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Byleth

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
I have a theory; I don't think Byleth getting into Smash is the problem, I think it's that Byleth is the eighth FE character to get into Smash.

I think if there were only two or three FE characters in Smash to begin with, then Byleth getting into Smash as the final Fighters Pass character would have been much better received by the community.

The thing is, is that the characters from FE in Smash are all fan-favourites and I'm not so sure the community would actually be ready to let any of them go if they had to cull half of the FE reps in Smash.

So, answer the poll and comment down below who you could do without from FE in Smash and let's see if the character of Byleth is the problem or simply their timing as the eighth FE rep.

Bye, Chrom.

EDIT: the only reason the amount of Fire Emblem characters can be justified is that unlike most of Nintendo series, like Mario or Zelda, the main character changes between games. Awakening already had two reps. Chrom is unnecessary. Lucina was kind of unnecessary, and I say that as someone who mained her in Smash 4.

Kirino

Tatakae
I didn't think Chrom's inclusion was a very good idea in the first place. It's unnecessary to have three representatives from a single game, so if you had to remove any, it'd be one of them. Definitely don't think Ike should be removed, because he's quite popular and plays somewhat uniquely. He's also my main, so I'm biased.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
damn, thought for a moment this would be which axe wielding FE character would we want
marth, roy, and ike are basically smash staples, so definitely not them; its kinda cool to have the awakening crew here, but yeah I can say we'd be perfectly fine just having only one of them
corrin and byleth are just here to promote their games, corrin's isn't even relevant anymore and that'll be the same for byleth in a few years, so they have no longevity [and yes, I know this argument is fundamentally flawed, but this is what I'm going w/]

Ike. He's just a male version of Lucina smh /s

Honestly though, although I haven't played any of the FE games yet, I like all of the characters in smash, as they're all pretty fun.

Quin

Disaster Master
Cut everyone except Marth, Maybe Roy, Robin and Maybe Byleth.

You can't cut Marth, you just can't. Not from a moveset perspective, or the franchise perspective.
Roy still feels similiar, but they changed him up enough in smash 4 I feel. I'd rather have Lyn or Hector or Sigurd, but Roy can stay.
Robin has a great moveset, one that represents the series the best I feel, and is a good Awakening rep. More magick characters are also nice. Stay.

Ike is well liked, but also pretty old, the moveset isn't anything special and Ganondorf already stole his smash attacks anyway.
The clones don't even need an explanation. FE doesn't need echo characters, let alone 2.
Gonna admit, Corrin is a bit personal Bias, since I hate fates, the character himself and also his moveset, but I did notice a lot more people really don't care for the game nor character. The moveset is also nothing to write home about. The more counter characters we cut the better.

And Byleth, I'm not sure about. But 4 FE characters seems the sweetspot, and since he actually uses the different weapons the series is known for, and has a cool gimmick, sure, he can stay. Its also the newest rep and of an actual really good game this time. Probably the first to cut in later smash 6 or 7 or whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom