• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Silent Realm is the Hardest?

Which Silent Realm is the Hardest?

• Faron Woods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lanayru Desert

• Eldin Volcano

• Skyloft

• All of them. I never want to set foot in them again.

• Total voters

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Weirdly enough I only had to do all of them twice except Elden (I don't count that one because I had to quit the game for some reason, can't remember) But I think Skyloft was the hardest because of 2 tears, (The one by the fortune tellers houses and the one on the top of the light tower)

I don't see why people dislike Nayru's so much, just because it's more open and flat made it easier for me to navigate.
I don't recall many people saying they hate it. This thread is about which is the hardest. Some people actually enjoy difficulty; my hardest one (Skyloft) is also my favorite. I do agree that Lanayru was the easiest though. I can't exactly see why, but meh.

I would say Faron woods would be my hardest because they set you in the silent realm and you just barely figure out what you are doing. If you haven't played Twilight Princess you would be even more confused on what to do. Luckily I have played Twilight Princess so I was pretty clear on what I had to do
I don't see how playing Twilight Princess would help. The Silent Realms play significantly differently from the Twilight Realm sections in Twilight Princess. It's not really a comparable type of gameplay, in my eyes, because the Twilight sections were long scavenger hunts, whereas the Silent Realms were like tense arcade-style item collection runs. Furthermore, even if they were the same, Fi thoroughly explains how the Silent Realm works, so I don't see why playing TP would have helped...

Lanayru desaert was the only one I had trouble with because of the quicksand and how you had too look at the map all the time but it's worth it when you get the CLAWSHOTS

N

Nattack110

I chose Faron Woods because that was the one I failed the most at... Lanayru Desert I did perfect on and I only was struck once in the Eldin Volcano Silent Realm... However I also thought Skyloft's Silent Realm was difficult but I didn't even remotely come as close as I did failing in Skyloft as I did in Faron Woods.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I found Faron Woods' Silent realm to be the hardest. I hated how trees obstructed my view and the tears blended in with the green tint of the area. I could barely tell the location of any of the tears, other than the location, and that's only with the assistance of the Light Fruit to shoot up a beam. Without, one active, I can't see any of the Tears of Light. When that happens, I basically commit suicide because I know can't can't find any. If I don't, I know that the Waking Water, Watchers, or Guardians will eventually get me.

There's also the problem that I never memorized Faron Wood's layout. Whether I have a map or not, I'll never know how to reach that one little spot without aimlessly walking around. Those gates that block the various paths laid out around some of the area that I did remember didn't help either. I freaked out when I got spotted by a Watcher after I got all the tears and didn't know the route to the gate.

I didn't find any of these issues in other Silent Realms. Lanayru was wide-open and I could spot the blue tears from a far enough distance. Eldin had many of the Guardians spread apart, so it didn't matter the I touched Waking Water or I got caught in lantern light. I memorized Skyloft's layout, making it easy to reach all the tears. I hope figure out how to make Farore take pity on me.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I voted for Eldin Volcano. Just with some of the tears being on top of the mountain and everything. You have to go up the mountain at least twice I think to get all of the tears. Lanayru is definitely second though. Skyloft's was easy for me since it's smaller and more compact, not to mention that you're already so familiar with it at that point. Also, the entire time you think "This is the REAL last Silent Realm, I'm almost done!" And yes, just like almost everyone else here, I died on Faron Woods once out of inexperience.

Funny story with the Lanayru one. The last tear was on top of the Mining Facility, but then I got caught by a watcher in the field. I ran, and climbed my way like a mad man to the top of the temple with guardians and whatnot all chasing me. RIGHT before the sword hit me, I got the tear. It felt awesome afterwards, definitely better than the TP bugs. :lol:

I didn't think that any of them were difficult but they were all so annoying! That's the only part I hated about Skyward Sword.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I HATE the silent realm! I only tried faron wood's silent realm and now I'm too scared to try it again ( meaning I can't progress with the story ) the whole concept was just annoying, I found it hard to just find the tears never mind avoiding the two ways of automatically awakening the guardians and the time limit to awakening the guardians.
I'm sorry to say that my one attempt has kinda scared me out of playing SS ever again, and learning there was more just made it worse! ( and it's too bad, cause I was enjoying it a lot untill the silent relam came in, plus I was looking forward to the silent realm, untill I learned it was nothing like the twilight realm

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Eldin volcano. This is because I knew you couldn't use items...so I didnt think you would be able to use your SAILCLOTH!!!!! URg I got chaught and i could swear I went in circles up and down the mountain!

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
It was either Skyloft or Lanaryu Desert. I was caught a few times in Skyloft because of guardians that came out of the ground and when I ran through an area where water came up and I wasn't expecting it. Also Lanaryu Desert because I thought that the one in a tree was on a ledge. The quicksand and indirect paths made it hard as well.

All the were challenging, i didnt hate them because of that, but for the same reason i hated zants hand, because i dont like rushing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom