• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Should I Get Out of the GBC Titles?

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
It comes to my attention that there are 3 games in the Zelda series that I showed no particular interest over the years. These games are the 3 titles that came out for the gameboy color. Now, because gameboy color games are nearly impossible to come by in stores where I live, i've resorted to buying it off ebay. But my dad will only let me buy one.

Eventually, I will probably track down the other 2, but which should I get for the time being?

Get Link's Awakening DX. The Oracle games are just as fun, maybe even more so than LA to most people, but they act as a unit. In other words, if you can only get ONE game, buying OoA or OoS will only leave you wanting to play the other after you see the ending of the first, do the passwords to get the extra items, etc. On the other hand, LA is one big game, and is really one of the best Zelda games ever made. I'd definitely, 100%, go for LA: DX, IF you can only get one. If your dad changes his mind, I'd track down OoX for sure.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Techically there are 4... LA, LA DX, OOA and OOS, but on to the main topic.

They are all very good, specially if you liked ALttP.

LA is by far the best of them all, with lots of sequence breaking and very fair difficulty level.

OoA is also very awesome, specially if you like time travelling, and is my favorite of the two Oracles, but, I must say that there are two parts in it that can be very frustrating.
The Graceful Goron Dancing and the Mermaid's Cave dungeon.
I know of a couple of friends who gave up on these parts.
OoA also has the most clever puzzles out of the two, and is really a must if you like hard puzzles.

OoS is easier, and more action oriented.
I find it easier overall than the other two GBC titles, but it's still very very good

Immortal_One

Math is power.
If you can only get one of those three games, I'd say Link's Awakening DX. The Oracle games are a lot better than than LA, but they're best enjoyed one after another. But you can't go wrong with LA, it's a great game that's loads of fun, full of puzzles and everything you expect to see in a Zelda game.

If you do have the chance to get two however, OoA and OoS would be what you'd want.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I would either get Ages or Seasons. I guess Ages is actually the better of the two.

Some have argued that LA DX would be a better choice since the "oracle(s) games" should be considered a unit. This is partly true but they work excellent as separate games.

So I say: Go For Oracle of Ages! It´s wonderful :)

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I think you should go for Link's Awakening DX.

It is a large game that is really fun. Like DarkLink said, getting just one of the Oracle games wouldn't be as fun as having two, because you miss out on a lot of the extras. If you get LA, go for the DX version. Sure, it has less glitches, but I still think it is better than the original. Plus, you can go in the amazing Color Dungeon. If you manage to somehow get two games, I wouldn't suggest getting LA and an Oracle game. I'd suggest going for two oracles.

Just my opinion.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Even though the DX version of LA is much more easier, due to the Color Dungeon's prize(the colored tunics), the red tunic+the level 2 sword kills pretty much every boss in one or two hits

B

bob2

I think that you should either get both of the oracle games or just ages because of the two ages is better.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think that you should either get both of the oracle games or just ages because of the two ages is better.

He said he could only get one...
And playing solely ages is not as gratifying as playing LA, for the simple reason that you are left with such an open ending

If I were you, I'd definitely buy OoA. It was really the first Zelda game I got into, so maybe I'm biased, but it's still a very good game. It's quite a bit harder than most of the newer Zeldas, it has some pretty interesting items, and it's quite long, having 8 normal dungeons plus the final boss's lair.

The other two games are both good as well, but I'd place LA over OoS. If you ask me, LA is quite a bit harder, longer, and more unique than OoS, but still seconded by OoA.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
hmm... quite the conundrum you have there. I dunno. Well i'll find the beginnigs of each one and I'll put them in this post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=827rLWadZAY&feature=fvsr
oops that's not it. *embarrassed*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfUHNbL_QU0

the beginning of La

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clZWcINEh4Y

the begining of oos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm0FRJa8sW4
the begining of ooa

Now the only difference i'm aware of between the original la and dx is that dx is in color while the original isn't. Ooa and Oos are very similar from what I've gathered but also very different. Ooa has a main antagonist who tries to destroy the world through time doing things like making beings of the present disappear by killing their parents and such while oos has a main antagonist who corrupts the flow of seasons to slowly destroy the world. Although I think you oughta go with ladx cuz it's great and in color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom